Summer 2020 Dungeon Crawl Announcement
Dates: October 9th- 11th, 2020
Location: Camp Kingsley
Fee: $40, includes full sign-in and a bonus 10 experience.
Pre-registration: All attendees must pre-register and pre-pay for this event. As such, this event is not eligible for the “second-time is free” promotion. If the required number of attendees isn’t met and the dungeon crawl cannot happen for financial reasons, then your dungeon crawl registration will automatically cover your site-fee for the next event you attend.
You can pre-pay by handing cash to Christopher Tesorio (Aiden) or Caitlin Udas (Marcella/Catori), or use Paypal. firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-registration ends April 12th.
Your pre-registration should include:
Your real name & PC name (and the real & PC names of anyone else you are pre-registering)
Which group you will be running the dungeon with (adventuring groups are capped at 10).
Also send this information to email@example.com or through Facebook.
There are only 70 PC slots, and we will only run up to 7 crawls on Saturday. This means there is a 10-player limit per dungeon crawl. This is first come, first served, so we recommend you pre-register early! We are accepting any number of all-day NPCs.
We will be offering a single non/lite-combat run, so coordination for that group may be necessary between players to form that group.
We reserve the right to combine groups or add independents onto crawls that are not at the 10-player cap. We can only run 7 dungeons and we want to make sure that everyone who wants to go, gets to go. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Adventuring Groups: Dungeon adventuring groups will be composed of 10 people. If you have an adventuring party, please decide, as a group, if you will be participating in this dungeon. If you are not part of an adventuring group, either find one, or form your own! Generic dungeons will be available for random groups of independents, but we’re asking PCs to organize themselves into groups. Organize your groups early! No person can go through the dungeon more than once.
NPCing: Everyone attending the event will be scheduled to NPC and will have breaks throughout the day. NPC roles will involve the usual monsters and hooks, as well as running traps and other obstacles in the dungeon and resetting the dungeon after a crawl is complete. We’ll work out a schedule based on pre-registrations, and you will need to be present at your scheduled times. All players are required to attend all day. If a player PCs they must NPC. We may make exceptions on a limited basis with good reasons; talk to Christopher or Caitlin before the event if you think you may need special arrangements.
Event Schedule Example (Subject to Change):
October 9th, 2020 - Friday
9am Arrival & Build All Day (Dungeon Team Only)
3pm Early Arrival Begins (Be prepared to help with construction!)
October 10th, 2020 - Saturday
9am Logistics opens for sign-in
10am Group 1 PC
11am Dungeon Reset
12pm Group 2 PC
1pm Dungeon Reset
2pm Group 3 PC
3pm Dungeon Reset
4pm Group 4 PC
5pm Dungeon Reset
6pm Group 5 PC
7pm Dungeon Reset
8pm Group 6 PC
9pm Dungeon Reset
10pm Group 7 PC
11pm Game Off
October 11th, 2020 - Sunday
9am Cleanup (DOUBLE XP, RECEIVE CLEANUP TICKETS)
12pm Depart site, raffle drawing
Logistics: We will manage Logistics in our normal logistics building. Go there to sign-in. NPC supplies and food will also be staged there.
Sleeping: Participants can stay overnight Saturday in the cabins or lean-to’s as per a normal event.
Food: Bring your own meals. Pasta will be available in logistics but should not be your only meal plan for the event.
Alcohol: This is a dry event. No exceptions.
Early Arrival: Attendees can arrive at 3pm on Friday and stay on-site Friday night.
Clean Up: Clean up attendance has been an issue in the past, so in order to promote staying for the entire duration of the event, we will be rewarding helpers with raffle tickets. There will be no way to purchase these raffle tickets. At the end of clean up, we will raffle off one epic item, but you must be present to win.
Special Event Rules:
· There will be a Dungeon Master who will act as GM for the crawl. This person will adjudicate damage taken from traps (eg., you just fell in that pit), describe any special effects or mechanics as they happen, and keep the adventuring group aware of the time remaining in the dungeon. PCs must obey their rulings. The DM can remove a player from the dungeon for any reason at any time.
· Each dungeon crawl has a sixty-minute time limit. An adventuring group will have to use those sixty minutes to explore the dungeon, after which a group teleport/Ley Lines mechanic will remove all living PCs from the dungeon, as well as any corpse a living PC is “carrying” (see more below). You have to choose how to prioritize your time within the dungeon and how long you are willing to spend on an individual obstacle, trap, or puzzle.
· Injury, death, and healing mechanics work the same way in the dungeon as they do in regular game play, but the dungeon creates a few unique challenges. Anyone left dead and unattended in the crawl will not be teleported out at the end of the time limit, and the corpse will not be retrievable later. (This means they will be permanently dead.) The counteraction for this is carrying the body along with the party – if the corpse is with a living member of the party, it will teleport out with the party. Any items and/or equipment left in the dungeon after time is up cannot be recovered: it is lost forever. Please note: In the event of a total party kill, there is no way to recover.
· To counteract the deadly nature of a Dungeon Crawl there is a ‘Flee’ mechanic: to ‘Flee’ a player simply raises a blue ribbon above their head, as if dissipating and state ‘Flee!” This ability requires no power and no incant. It only requires you to pull your ribbon, lift your arm completely above your head and shout ‘Flee!’. When you ‘Flee’ you are required to immediately leave the dungeon through the Entrance. You may not re-enter and are considered completely out of game once the ability is cast. Anything or anyone you are carrying is immediately removed with you as well; meaning this mechanic can be used to teleport dead or unconscious adventuring party members.
· There will be no Convergence in the dungeon, regardless of what time it is in real life. Everyone enters the dungeon just as they would enter game normally.
· Accidents may happen, but any player who deliberately breaks the dungeon, such as tearing down walls or otherwise damaging the site, whether out of frustration or in order to gain an advantage, will be kicked out of the dungeon.
· No PC can go through the dungeon more than once.
Changes Based On Survey Feedback:
· No packing peanuts.
· Improved balance beams.
· More combat from multiple angles, meaning people in the rear will be more engaged in combat.
· More PARTY-tailored plot. GMs from every shift will be involved in creating plots for each Dungeon Crawl. Parties may need to be merged, but Plot is going to work closely to ensure that the groups going through the crawl have a story-beginning or an epic conclusion in each and every dungeon crawl!
Dungeon Crawl Announcement 2020.pdf