Sign in to follow this  
Regulus

Idea for innkeeper "weaponry"

Browsing Calimacil today I noticed that they sell throwing weapons (i.e. coreless foam) shaped like bottles:

http://www.calimacil.com/friar-tuck-brown-bottle.html, http://www.calimacil.com/numbkut-wine-bottle.html, http://www.calimacil.com/captain-deep-rhum-bottle.html

I think it would be great and hilarious if the inn had a few of these that the innkeepers could throw at invaders or rowdy guests.

If this sounds like a good idea, I'd be willing to buy a couple and donate them.

How about we speak about the issue i have with this. Considering where the Inn resides.... The Inn keeper would have any normal weapon that any adventurer would have. Also considering the style of the 'time period' that Novitas is in, most inn keepers could have used to be adventurers them selves so that they would HAVE normal weapons either way. Yes, while having throw-able bottles or pans are funny, they wouldn't be an 'ideal weapon' for an inn keeper.

If you want to buy acceptable items for our game, and donate them, I think you should go ahead and do that... I would recommend spending the money on something we can get more use out of (combine the money from those bottles and buy a Calamacil sword), but if you're willing to spend the cash and want to donate these, I don't see why we wouldn't put them to use sometime.

They may not be used specifically for that every time, but I certainly don't see people saying "No, those aren't for our game."... Novitas thrives on volunteer work and donations, so do it up!

My only concern, is that these become a comical thing and break the immersion people have. If the inn keepers just start hucking bottles around for shits and giggles, it's going to get old fast and upset some people. They need to be used properly and not just a gag prop 24/7. Also - people can't throw them back so they fall in the food and knock over shit on the Inn counter. Christina would be a good person to speak to about this, since she runs the Inn. She may or may not want this sort of thing in there.

Not sure that Innkeepers should be fighting at all. Christina can speak to that with more authority.

There is also the other idea on the website, for bandits and such drinking a round with your fellow bandits. It could be a new aspect of catching bandits off guard and doing something kind of cool and interesting! Personally, I love the idea of these bottles, not just for the inn though!

They used to have a rolling pin that I thought about getting, but Innkeepers are much too busy to be fighting anyway.

If something like this were donated, they would certainly be used. Please check with C&S to make sure they meet our requirements though before buying. I'm not 100% familiar with the specs required for thrown weapons, so...

I think that I am going to get a couple of these and mix them in with my regular drink bottles, just to mess with people.

"Give me a beer!"

"Sure, catch!"

Muahahah