Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

2015 February Feast Pre-Registration!

tl;dr: Feb Feast is on February 21, 2015. PayPal $41 to paypal@mvgc.net to preregister, space is limited to 70 people, first come first served, et cetera.

For the literate amongst you...

The 2014 season Kingdoms of Novitas February Feast will be held on Saturday, February 21nd at Vanderkamp. There will be a single 5-hour game shift, to run from noon to 5 PM, followed by dinner, the fundraiser auction, some game announcements, and a PAAAAARTAAAAY.

Dinner will be provided on Saturday night by Vanderkamp in the dining hall. You're on your own for the rest of the meals. Dinner this year will NOT be in-character.

After dinner, we will retire to Frank Lodge for the usual stuff: a fundraiser auction, a short State of the Game address, and drinking for 21-and-over folks. 12 Noon on Sunday is GTFO.

Due to start time issues we had in past years, we have rented Resurrection Lodge for two nights, enabling our noon game-on start time. If you are traveling from farther than about three hours away, that is, you don't live in Central New York, you are welcome to drive out Friday night and stay in Resurrection lodge for both nights. The rule of thumb for using Resurrection Lodge on Friday night is this: ask yourself if you'd have to leave your house earlier than 8 AM to make the noon start time for the game shift. If you would, then feel free to come on Friday night and crash in Resurrection Lodge. Resurrection Lodge sleeps 16 people. Everyone else is invited to be on-site Saturday morning and fill up any remaining beds in Resurrection as well as Frank and Oscar Lodges. Logistics will run out of Fellowship Hall. The downstairs area of Oscar Lodge will be in-game as a common room, so Oscar residents please keep your shite picked up in there. After the feast, Oscar lodge is designated as the quieter board/video gaming and hanging out lodge, while Frank Lodge is designated as the there-will-be-loud-music-and-dancing-and-drunkenness-and-people-up-all-night lodge.

So, the itinerary looks like so:

Friday, February 20, 2015

4 PM - arrival begins for out-of-towners in Resurrection Lodge. Don't burn the place down.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

10 AM - Setup begins

11 AM - Logistics opens for PCs - there is no need to sign in if you're not PCing.

11:30 AM - Logistics open for NPCs

12 Noon - Game on!

5 PM - Game ends - CLEANUP LOGISTICS - THIS MEANS YOU

6 PM - Dinner

7:30 PM - Fundraiser Auction and stuff

8:30 PM - Party on Wayne (Party on Garth)

Sunday, February 22, 2015

12 Noon - GTFO

Cost for this event is $41 per person.

You can send preregistration payments to paypal@mvgc.net.

When you pre-register, make sure to include the real names of everyone you're paying for, and what nights you're staying over, if any, if you are PCing or NPCing, what PC party you're in if you're PCing

You can also pay a Marshal, any Marshal, in person with cash. If you do this, the price is $40. Marshals, please let me know who you receive money from, and the above registration information, to include the date they gave you the money.

If you are planning on daytripping and leaving before dinner, or if the price for this event is an issue for you, please contact me.

If you are planning on PCing, REGISTER EARLY. We are only allowing for about 20 PC slots.

PREREGISTRATION BEGINS NOW AND ENDS AT MIDNIGHT, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 15th.

There are 70 beds available, and a few spots on the couches and cots. I'll do my best to figure out who is daytripping, etc. so that we can try and find a bed for everyone who wants to stay the night. 70 is not the cap for the event, it's the cap for people sleeping there Saturday night (and even then we have a little wiggle room. If we go massively over this number, we will rent another building, but this needs to be done sooner rather than later, so please PREREGISTER EARLY!

I'll keep an updated attendance list here. DO NOT pester me to see if I got your pre-registration until February 16th. Inquiries will be ignored. Repeated inquiries will be junkpunched.

VENDORS

If anyone knows anyone who would be interested (or any of you are) please let me know. Real actual vendors can get comped for a bunk and dinner (and I'll make them a drink too).

Vendor list thus far:

BadAss Garb

LARP Essentials

OK, now to demonstrate that I am in fact a reasonable human being, I will answer your grammatically-correct questions regarding this event below.

I AM ALREADY GETTING PREREGISTRATIONS THAT ARE MISSING INFORMATION. IF YOU DO NOT SEND IN ALL THE REQUIRED INFORMATION WITH YOUR PREREGISTRATION, YOUR PREREGISTRATION DATE WILL REFLECT THE DAY YOU FINALLY GET ME ALL THE REQUIRED INFORMATION, NOT THE DATE YOU PAID.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU DONALD TYSON.

Dave is it alright if I just hand you money for Kat and I again? It is easier for me that way.

Important note from Marketing and Player Outreach: As Febfeast is one of our special events, the "Your first game is free" promotion for newbies is NOT valid. The next event where that offer applies is April 3, 4, and 5th. Thank you :)

Dave is it alright if I just hand you money for Kat and I again? It is easier for me that way.

Yes that's fine. Anyone who would rather can just hand money to a Marshal.

If your name is on this list, you get to eat at the feast:

David Haldenwang

Diana Haldenwang

Maggie Bechtel

Donald Tyson

Chris Tesorio

Fred Clark

Amanda Taylor

Justin Angelina

Rachel Tesorio

Bryan Graham

Chris Hicks

Ryan Staring

Katie Dimon

Damien Liske

Kristy Trudeau

Frank Mayer

MK Benson

Mike Benson

James Vertucci

Kat Crossman

Scotty Travis

Nick Quattrociocchi

Lauren Manzer

Chris Blake

Kyle Egert

Josh Vanalstyne

Zach Werheim

Christina Mevec

John Spencer

Alex Hughes

Ryan Spires

Jenica Rogers

Justin Capen

Steve Guile

Adam del Cano

Susan del Cano

Tony Servello

Randy Darrow

Richard Swartwood

Steve Arnold

Karen Youngs

John Harrington

Phoenix Boisnier

Leon Adams

Joanna Wanfried

Jamie Finley

Albert Ferro

Dan Young

Jordan Bellassai

Samantha Schroth

Brandon Rodd

Mrs. Rodd

Gabe Jow

Brienna Bellassai

Alex Venuti

Dena Rothman

David Coyle

Andrew Wright

Alex Vanderpoel

Chloe Wendell

Jon Pelland

Megan Dingler

AJ DeLong

Kelly Scheuering

Brian Loughlin

Thomas Hafner

Mary Ferro

Tammy Anguish

Dustan Weidman

Kerrie Lane

Pat Lane

Dan Meerschaert

Megan Donovan

Courtinie Forbes

Tony Ridgeway

Evan Smith

If your name is on this list, you get to eat at the feast:

Jon Pelland

^^ THIS.

The following people got the twenty PC slots:

Maggie Bechtel

Donald Tyson

Chris Tesorio

Fred Clark

Amanda Taylor

Justin Angelina

Rachel Tesorio

Bryan Graham

Chris Hicks

Damien Liske

Nick Quattrociocchi

Kyle Egert

Josh Vanalstyne

Zach Werheim

Christina Mevec

Alex Hughes

Ryan Spires

Jenica Rogers

Justin Capen

Steve Guile

If the GM for that day decides additional PC slots can be offered, they will be offered in this order:

Adam del Cano

Susan del Cano

Randy Darrow

Richard Swartwood

Steve Arnold

Karen Youngs

Jamie Finley

Albert Ferro

Dan Young

AJ DeLong

Mary Ferro

Dustan Weidman

Pat Lane

Tony Ridgeway

Additionally, the following couples get "dibs" on the larger beds. If you are not on this list, please do not take a larger bed. I will now pay homage to the patriarchy by listing these couples with the man of the relationship first.

Dave & Diana

Chris & Rachel

Ryan & Katie

Frank & Kristy

JimmyKat

Justin & Jenica

Steve & Karen

Al & Jamie

Leon & Joanna

Jordan & Sam

Minion & Mrs. Minion

Gabe & Bri

Alex & Chloe

Jon & Megan

AJ & Kelly

Kerrie & Pat

I'm not pretending to know what sordid shit people are getting up to in their personal lives here, I'm just listing folks that registered together and seem like a couple. If you're not I don't care, I'm just trying to get the maximum people into beds.

Chris Blake and I pre-regged together pretty early and are engaged, would love to be added to the bigger bed list since we're staying two days, but if not whatevs we'll survive.

I am apparently going to be GM'ing for the event.

I would like to see more PCs, we have close to a 1pc-3npc ratio at the moment and we know that a good portion of PCs like to stay inside and keep warm especially with how bitter cold it's going to be.

Remember, if you PC you can sort of dictate how often you're out in the cold. If you're NPC'ing... you get to do my bidding. ^_~

10 more PCs would be lovely. Even more than that is FINE.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

If the GM for that day decides additional PC slots can be offered, they will be offered in this order

I am the GM that day.

I have decided additional PC slots can be offered.

I want every single person on that list approved to PC.

If someone is not on this list and still wants to PC, post about it.

5 slots

1. You and Chris, yes. I missed that one, sorry.

2. Be aware that allowing more PCs is going to turn this into, essentially, an all-PC shift with the occasional monster. The guideline we shoot for when balancing shifts is twice as many NPCs as PCs. While there are going to be about 80 people at Feb Feast, you are not going to have that many NPCs available. Many of those people either aren't KoN players and are coming with their significant others, are vendors, will be tied up with logistics or props, or simply don't like playing in the snow. Giving you 20 PC slots will leave you with about 40 actual NPCs, based on what we've seen in past years.

Go ahead and let more people PC, but this is going to be an all-PC shift without any of the protections and safeguards of the Harvest Festival all-PC shift (and, no, we're not going to put those in place now), so there's the very real potential for a bloodbath.

Yes, this is the voice of experience speaking. I STRONGLY suggest you leave it alone at 20 PCs.

Mkay. 5 more slots then instead of 10. I really don't want a 1-3 pc/npc ratio considering how often I've seen "I'm going to PC so I don't have to go out into the cold and do anything"

Mkay. 5 more slots then instead of 10. I really don't want a 1-3 pc/npc ratio considering how often I've seen "I'm going to PC so I don't have to go out into the cold and do anything"

There's never 40 NPCs at Feb... I can name about 5-6 people on that list already, that will be doing odds and ends for Staff instead of PCing. Me being one of them. You'll easily be at an even ratio if not PC heavy by the end.

Don't see the point in offering to allow the slots to be open if taking up said offer is going to get backlash.

Going to go with the 5 slots.

Do what you want to do. I gave you the list above, in the order they signed up in. Post up who you're allowing.

Mkay. Going top to bottom.

If these 5 people would like to PC please say so.

If you don't, let me know so I can offer it to others

Adam del Cano -- now PC'ing.

Susan del Cano -- now PC'ing

Randy Darrow -- now PC'ing

Richard Swartwood -- now PC'ing

Steve Arnold

Mkay. Going top to bottom.

If these 5 people would like to PC please say so.

If you don't, let me know so I can offer it to others

Richard Swartwood

The brew must flow.

1424398006[/url]' post='115917']

Suzie can't get online tonight, but says they will take their PC slots.

I MADE A COMPUTER WORK! (ish) We want to PC! Delia has things and stuff to sell. You don't want to know how long this post took.