Octavius

2015 Conventions

Hey everyone!

I'm putting out a call for those interested in attending conventions on behalf of KoN. Tabling at conventions is one of the best recruitment tools we have. As such I am looking for as many volunteers as I can get. Even if you can only attend these conventions part of the time I still need your help.

Volunteers will be given XP for their time spent. Reimbursement for some expenses is also possible.

We are planning on tabling at several local conventions but we only have confirmation for a few:

Running GAGG at SUNY Geneseeo - January 30- February 1, 2015 (Confirmed)

SIMCON at University of Rochester - March 27-29th (Confirmed)

Tora-Con at Rochester Institute of Technology - April 18-19

ARCON at SUNY Oswego - Mid April.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM or post here.

I'll be at RunningGAGG and ARCON. Ihave to check my con schedule for the Gagg before I can say when I can table but I signed up for the KoN demo so I can definitely assist in whatever way there.

Also Maggie said something about needing help transporting stuff for the table, I can assist with that.

I do need someone to help with Running GAGG in a few weeks. I don't have any volunteers to stay for a day yet.

I can do ARCON no problem, GAGG is a little short notice for me. The others could be a possibility if there was someone else I could ride up with or meet me half way maybe.

Steve A is going to GAGG for sure for all 3 days. He just reserved a room up there. I am a maybe at best due to money issues at the moment (I still catching up from being laid off due to Winter break). I wont know till literally Thursday at 5 if I can afford it.

I am more then happy to help run the table and do the demo for all the days. if anyone else in the Binghamton area or lives between wants to ride up with me let me know. I have room in my car for three people plus stuff comfortably. also I have spare space in the room I rented. be advised the hotel that is advertised on the site with the discounted price is completely booked at this point. there are a couple of other hotels near by but the rooms are running $130+ a night. as of right now the only confirmed spot in the room is me and it has two beds plus room on the floor. guile is a possible.

Arcon's date got moved by the college officials to the same weekend as May KoN. :/

Would there be the consideration of having bonus xp for those of us going to Arcon instead?

No.

If someone tabled for us at Arcon (Tabled, not attended the convention) then they would get XP for doing that. However I'm not planning on even asking to set up a table as it is during one of our event weekends.

I would be willing to do so, but I would need to know more of the what and how I should be going about it. We can discuss it further as it comes closer or at feb feast.

Any conventions happening this year? Would be happy to attend or hang out on behalf of KON

Yep! Check the post on the KoN facebook group about the "call for volunteers/interested parties for cons" and message Maggie if you are interested.

I don't really have a facebook page.

But I will message them on here.