Sign in to follow this  
Vany'a

Joining the Legion.

Hey everyone!

Most of you know since I attended the meeting at Feb Feast that I am planning to trade a beating heart and a pulse for the sweet release of death and join the ranks of the unliving, particularly you delightfully dreadful individuals.

I have read through the rank structure and heard that sometimes if you're well prepared, you get put right at Skeleton instead of Zombie.

Providing I have the opportunity to show my garb, tabard, etc et al to someone previous to fighting in a Dag event, can I try straight for Skeleton? I will also be wearing black scale-maille armor.

I would like to purchase a sword and spear. I will be making my own buckler.

I never thought I'd want in on this but I'm crazy excited now.

ALSO - before anyone asks, I know recruitment is a big deal. No surprise here but Blockade is the one who finally convinced me to join. tongue.gif

You are going to be better off making your own spear. Shipping will be horrendous. Though if you really want to check out Gorg Thee Blacksmith. He's quality. You should buy your sword from him however.

I also have some Forged Foam swords that are fine to start with too. Like $35 each.

I'm looking for ideas for Feast Wear.

HOW fancy should Feast Wear be? Like, dressing to the nines?

Does it have to be all black? Or can I venture into other colors somewhat (dark red skirt, gold trim, etc) so long as I keep it dark and undead looking?

And is Feast Wear exactly that - Garb for Feasting? So it can be a bit impractical as far as not being able to run around in it a lot?

How renaissance / medieval specific does it need to be? Would a boot with a little heel (like, 2in heel, nothing crazy) be acceptable?

Any info is a great help before I spend money on buying / making things I won't be able to use biggrin.gif

Haven't you seen the pictures of us at our soiree?

O.O No. Whar is this pic?

Julie has a whole album on her facebook.

Feast Garb: looking good is the ONLY consideration.

We made people pass a garb check to get into the soiree, so anything you see in any of these portraits is acceptable feast wear. (Impractical clothing is fine!)