Sign in to follow this  
Jojo

Tales From the Freelands!

Ok, so I'm putting together my first PC, right? And her thing is she's going to be super enthusiastic about romantic exciting stories she's heard from the Freelands. She's romanticized it into this exciting awesome wonderful place where heroes are made and people are in peril but then they are rescued and there are terrible monsters and dashing heroes and strange and beautiful people of all description. I want to make her a collected pulp-novel style book of TALES FROM THE FREELANDS, and throw some bard songs or something in there for good measure.

So what I need help with from you guys is stories! I know you guys all have super cool stories of awesome things your character did, or witnessed. I need the kind of stories that would have made their way out of Pinedale and into the more 'civilized' areas. It's ok if the stories aren't entirely accurate, or are a bit exaggerated! In fact, it would be cool if they are! They just have to be based off of real Pinedale residents. Also, I know there's bard PCs, right? Because it would be really fun for her to rock-star idolize bards, too. I'm reading blogs and stuff, but I definitely need to know if there are particular events that would have been kept a bit quiet, and also if there are events that would have been talked about a bunch.

This book is essentially going to be a published pulp novel that my character bought, and then added additional stories and written ballads to herself. If you want to write up/have already written stories or songs that you want to share, that's awesome! If you just want to give me a quick synopsis of what happened, or point me towards a relevant blog, I can write up the story in EXCITING PULP NOVEL PROSE!

Either way, I'll be super grateful for any help I can get with this project!

You can take a look at my PC's blog if you like, some recounts of events past, some stories taking place between games, some background stuff from his past.

http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/forums/index.php?app=blog&module=display§ion=blog&blogid=76

Oooo thanks; I'll do that!

Ask Ferrous Irongall about the exploits of Lord Aurum Goldright. You won't be disappointed.

There is a book in game about the black dog of Vlean. Ask kyle egert about it. ;P