Sign in to follow this  
Maldoror

Armor Value

I know every larp has different point values to armor props. ive been working on mine off and on between orders so curious on what value im looking at when i come to my first event? Its made from 16g Steel, tempered and blued, then a scale Hauberk to go under it, Stainless and Alum Scales. Thanks!

Dark Templar.jpg

Dark Templar under.jpg

Pretty sure this counts as 3-point armor, but I'm not one to make an official call.

I can direct you here though for the time being: https://sites.google.com/site/kon0unofficial0rules0wiki/home/rules/9--traps

(despite saying 'traps' it's actually the combat section. Links for armor values are at the bottom)

It has potential to be Monstrous with the 16g steel, but with aluminum scales, it'd probably just be 3 points like Regulus said.

Scale is 3-point armor, same as chain. To get any monstrous armor on your body, you must have a monstrous torso. Shoulders are not torso.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for the info, the Plate isn't done yet, still working on the lower half of it, by the time its done it will be a style of lorica with a slightly darker feel to the style

What would 14gauge six in one count as? Its stainless steel. Me and my friends are making it from scratch.

It's chain, it's 3 points.