Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Kingdoms of Novitas Age Requirements

I'm posting this here now because I keep getting asked about it - and we recently needed to discipline a couple of our players for violations of these rules. Remember: ignorance of the rules is never an excuse for breaking them. If you have questions, find a Marshal and ASK!

1.1 Players must be eighteen years of age or older to participate in Kingdoms of Novitas events.

1.1.1 Players ages fifteen and up are allowed if accompanied by a sibling' date=' parent, or legal guardian who is over the age of twenty one. The accompanying adult must be a signed-in participant and must remain on-site at all times.

1.1.2 Any exceptions to these rules will be handled on a case by case basis by the Marshals.

1.1.3 The Marshals have the final say in matters concerning the maturity of all participants.

1.1.4 If, for any reason, someone under the age of fifteen is present, they must be in the immediate vicinity of a sibling, parent, or legal guardian over the age of twenty one at all times without exception.

1.1.5 The purpose of these rules are to ensure the safety of all participants (regardless of age) at Kingdoms of Novitas events.

1.12 This game is intended for adults over the age of eighteen and may contain adult themes dealing with violence and romance, among other things.

1.12.1 It is the responsibility of the accompanying adult (relative or guardian) to monitor what is or is not appropriate for the minor.

1.12.2 It is the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult to remove the minor from any scenes deemed inappropriate (without interrupting the game).

It is not the responsibility of KoN GMs, players, or NPCs to alter the game around your child.

[/quote']

To be crystal clear, section 1.1.1 refers to a "sibling, parent, or legal guardian who is over the age of twenty one". "Sibling" means a brother or sister, or a step-brother or step-sister. "Parent" means a mother, father, step-mother, or step-father. "Legal guardian" means an adult that has legal custodial care of the minor in question. This could be a grandparent with full custody, for example. This is the person legally responsible for the well-being of the child, ie. the person who will be making the decision whether or not to sue someone if the child is injured.

Disirregardlessly of the ages involved, no one but a custodial parent or legal guardian may EVER sign a waiver and photo release for a player under 18. A minor can NEVER sign such a waiver for themselves.

In the event that we have decided to allow your younger brother or sister to attend KoN with you, they will need a waiver signed by your parents. This must be signed in front of Logistics staff (who will check IDs to verify identities), or notarized before arrival.

I am the SOLE point-of-contact for allowing minors to attend KoN. In over ten years, there have only been two or three times when we have allowed an unaccompanied minor to attend KoN. I have turned away at least a dozen requests. To be allowed to attend KoN as an unaccompanied minor, you need to do the following, with my approval after every step:

1. Contact me via email (hivemind@mvgc.net) and make a logical, mature, well-written case, largely free of grammatical errors, misspellings, and abbreviations, why you should be allowed to attend solo.

2. Talk to me on the phone. I'll give you my number if you get past step 1. I want to talk to you and make sure you sound as mature as you write.

3. Have your parents talk to me on the phone. I need to know they're not crazy people, that they're taking this seriously, and that they know what you're getting up to and where you're going to be going.

4. Download and print a waiver, and get your parents to sign and notarize it.

Questions?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this