Sign in to follow this  
Airmanwarrior

Sewing is fun... ehe

So after my success in making three Roman tunics, though one was too short and made of stiff twill stuff, one was too long but made of linen and unfortunately vanished (along with its matching cloak), and one was just right both in length and material. I have decided for my next PC to go all in and make the whole kit and caboodle shield, pants, tunic, jacket, and hat and while learning new things can be fun Oy vey it can be a real rough experience. My mother is a part time seamstress like she gets paid money to make clothes for people (and now even expensive custom wedding dresses), so while she is a endless source of skill and insight in the field of sewing it is a bit like learning to tool around on the guitar with the teacher in the film Whiplash, "are you leading or dragging?".

It will get easier!

Unfortunately before that time there will be lots of cursing and lots of seam ripping. And lots of wondering why you are doing this to yourself. :P

Yea I am just gonna keep working at it, and the upside is it is a useful skill to have LARPing aside.