Sign in to follow this  
iXUSpROGRAMM

Dart Pockets

Say a player had a spell-casting, shield-wielding PC.

In order to simplify their outfit, the player has leather pouches with clasps attached to the back/inside of their shield, most likely the full-sized type.

The player stores spell darts and packets in those pockets, and, prior to casting, retrieves them from the inside of their shield.

1. Would this be a passable form of carrying spell packets?

2. How would such a device work with the Searching system?

3. Is this even a functional concept?

Thank you for your input and thoughts.

As far as I know this has been a thing for a while. We have potion racks, ribbon holders, and spell packet pockets mounted on shields. Totally searchable/loot able if there are lootables in them.

I'll let rules chime in if this is a rules issue.

Also, sorry for the lack of prompt responses to your inquiries. Most of our staff is away on another week-long LARP event.

Amanda is correct. This is already something several players do. They could search your spacket pocket just like any other pocket.

Mind you - tag bags and blue strips are NOT lootable items - but having a pouch to contain them means that the pouch itself can be rifled through - you would just tell the person searching that they find nothing but spell components.

So everything that is lootable in our game is either coin or "numbered loot". What I mean by that is that we have a database where every lootable item is given a unique number and lists its magical qualities and/or what it is worth. If something is not numbered and part of the list, it is not lootable and cannot be taken from you by another player. So unless you made your shield magic or worth coin, no one can take it from you.

But if it is lootable, they get the whole shbang until you recover it, or the end of the game when the prop can be returned to you even if the item is effectively gone from your possession in-game (unless it's a Feb Feast item, which has special properties).

I had Lauren make me a cloth dingus. It's still nailed to the back of my last pc's shield. I used it to hold tag bags, strips and scrolls. It's a popular solution for shield fighters.