Sign in to follow this  
NarenZade

Harvest Fest 2015

The annual Pinedale Harvest Festival will soon be on us. The 2nd shift (Saturday 10-3:30) will be an all PC shift, with no GM plot provided during that time. Any player who does not currently have a PC is more than welcome to create a lvl 1 persona to participate in the events of the day or to man the Inn (Please speak with Christina about inn stuff) It is traditional for PC parties and/or individuals to hold various contest of skill, sport or chance during the festival so please start forming ideas if you haven't already started. If your event would like a game provided reward ( a buff, magic item ect) please send your proposal to Kender for approval as soon as possible.

Post here if you plan on running an event, I will try to update this post to keep things organized.

This is not an event, but if the weather is good, I'd like to get posed photos/portraits of adventuring parties. It's been a while since we've gotten any of these portraits. :)

Rosh will be holding a contest to pass on the Bastion of Voltanicus (the coat of plates with the red Sept star). This is 4-point monstrous armor and casts any Aegis spell 2x / game day.

The contest will be a storytelling contest, similar to last year. Only players who have not been in game longer than I have (since May of last year) will be eligible.

Recite a tale about when you nearly died for a righteous cause (or did die, temporarily). Your story shall emphasize the goals you were attempting to attain, and the peril you found yourself in. The armor belongs to the Protector of Pinedale, and deserves to go to one in need of its protection.

Rosh and Myra will be putting together a treasure hunt. Unlike last year, the plan is to have clues which remain in place where they are hidden, so that multiple people can take part, and the participants do not have to travel as a group.

We will have two magic clothing items as a reward (pending approval) for the first and second to solve all the puzzles.

Narene will be doing a trading blanket, the trick being that most items will be traded though barter, coin will be acceptable for some items. There will be a variety of items available, mundane, magical, valuable or just useful. As to how much- that the trick, items will be valued as Narene would value them, not necessarily on how powerful they are or how much they cost, so you have to start your barter on what you know of Narene and how you think he would value the item. As an added bonus, the blanket will be surrounded by a temporary ring of truth, anyone inside the ring (including Narene) will be under the affect of truth serum.

Ivan will be sponsoring a game of Molewhacking, a traditional Dellin game, as seen here:

Ivan will be sponsoring a game of Molewhacking, a traditional Dellin game, as seen here:

I saw this yesterday and died laughing... This seems fun!

SPIRIT OF THE ROOSTER

As is tradition, Teridan will be providing Crokinole, and will of course have other games available to play all day for no cost!

As usual, I will run the annual fighters tournament slightly modified from last year.

No magic, magical buffs, or alchemical components/effects. Battles will be blunt damage only.

A modified 1 vs 1 format in a circle.

Special rules are as such:

* No armor

* Each participant fights with the equivalent of 3 body and one damage. So each fighter must strike their opponent 3 times before a wounding hit can be landed.

* Stepping outside of the circle with both feel results in a disqualification.

* Best two out of three fights is the winner.

I'm finally playing a character that can have fun and participate instead of looking stoic and important.

So looking forward to blindfolded tag.

This will be my friend and mine's first event, can't wait to play! Totally excited for the tourney and games, rules look super solid for the combat!