Sign in to follow this  
kyle egert

Best of November!

Bag-o-tricks with Chris, Tycho, and others. The Medium card shark. Big pimpin with golden slippers. Gank squad U.S.A. Gabe dancing for a Grumpy minion.

i have to also say bag-o-tricks, being apart of the orc raids, and the undead hour. thanks everyone for letting me join the good people of the freelands. looking forward to december ^-^

Just being back at game, the long hikes to get there before PCs just to sit and wait for 30 mins for them to show up. The rush of night time fighting, the look on PCs faces when they're faced with almost insurmountable odds, and to listen to their enjoyment of defeating their foe.

EVERYTHING

But for detail reason.....

Loved RPing with the Rhino's and Beryl and Ithvandish and Jace and Narene and Riona and and and and EVERYONE was so good at role-playing this event!!

Seeing some Power Golems (I think) was interesting!

EATING IN THE WOODS hmmmm secret secret secret nom nom nom ;)

Freakin' Orc with Crossbow-nearly had me there Chris ;) ! Nothing like seeing a crossbow bolt peeking over the porch as your about to leave your safe little bunk bed!

Getting to legally fight my lil' bro and company -who knew Thaerion had so many friends (hehehehe crossbows!) THANK YOU GMS

Fighting Fe Da Butcher- Slave entertainer? Really? Do you WANT to die? lol

Sneaking up on a Minotaur from the tree line.

NPCing-

Fe Da Butcher drops coins all over floor. Fe da Butcher bends under table to collect coins. Potion/ Scroll seller reaches across table and scoops coin into open purse. Teridan (sp?) chides barter thinking it's Thaerion still :D Nope. Just a poor scroll seller.

Getting to RP Lady Hightower in Pinedale collecting her runaway slaves (my lil' bro again! Thank you GMs!!) and the residents of Pinedale negotiating until Lady Hightower goes home with her slaves...WHAT???!!! O.O

Running around as "Writer" and learning more in the ways of C.M (YAY!)

Awesome and WILLING NPC's!!!

+Veronica! I barely got to see her properly in the dark, but it struck terror in Eliana all the same.

+Silly baby bump!

+Heretic stew: part II!

+Autumn's brother wandering about, causing me to give both Asian Dave and Maggie the smirking side-eye. >.>

+Soft-shifting with Baevynn to make her the Ghost of Christmas Past

+Everyone: "Eliana, you should sit." Eliana: "You should mind your own business."

+Micah: "Eliana, you shouldn't hit people because you're mad at them." Eliana: "You should mind your own business."

+Tension and passion around the failed attempt to go back to Cairnhold and push their shit in.

+Brave show from both Dano and Terridan. Consummate gentlemen and excellent roleplayers.

+70% banshee - still heard me all over creation, though, didn't you? "Terridan! Good news!... Tough titties!" I love you, 8-foot Mike.

+4th Shift rescued by JC stepping up to help, awesome logistics by Jordan and Gabe, and eager NPCs.

+Both losing and getting my scroll book back. Who knew maneuvering that thing would be difficult with a pregnant belly in the way? That new NPC group was amazing with their RP and helping the "pregnant" lady make a cook fire.

-writing a letter to Ingrid posting terms to our 'open marriage'

-npcing a lunatic pedophile priest right after playing a baby-snatching cult leader, eerily sweet

-fighting with Richter 4th shift

-bartering at the owl bazaar (no, thats not the real name)

-the crazy last undead fight was crazy

-running from the shrine of grak to the sluice gate at convergence, seeing bodies strewn along the path, and then being able to pull a ritual of disenchant out of my ass

-slept well

-kerosene heater worked, but weather wasnt too bad, sooo

-Bag O Tricks son!

-a pinedale sausage wrapped in a grilled chz sammich is divine and tummy-gurgling :)

Artemis = MVP

Oscar: Ferrous, why did you leave your disenchant ritual at the cabin?

Artemis: -has it-

Oscar: Quick! Baevynn, go through your bag, find your matches

Artemis: -has a lighter-

So much fun for the first time back in awhile, the best moment of the event for myself was watching the wizard coming to take over town with three constructs and Phil just saying "hold on let me get my crossbow".

That final undead fight was amazing.

Situational awareness in the dark for the win.

Phil's NPC almost dropped me . . . almost . . . yay magical protections.

I haven't had an event that fun in a long time.

1. Walking to the Shrine of Darkness in/near Cairnhold with just under six people, not knowing what I was going to face, I had heard of these "skybeasts" before but only in rumor and conjectures. We happen onto the shrine of darkness and there are six lanterns lit, destroying my night vision. TimeStop is called and I closed my eyes and started singing Don't Stop Believing, as is my custom. When game is called back on there are at least 8 hulking silhouettes slowly moving toward us, one of our group dissipates to safety leaving four of us to fend off against 8-10 monstrous creatures. We form a shield wall in the bottleneck that is the trail to Lootsville. We barely survived against the skybeasts. It reminded me of the "hundred orcs in a barn" encounter, power completely spent, hoping to avoid any encounters on the way back to safety.

2. "I'm going to go around and tell stories about Hrothgar again"

3. Finding out accidentally that I might be able to pull off an elf alt if ever I decide to play one.

4. Using Kyle's shield almost my entire shift, so comfort, all the comfort.

5. Being able to stay for a whole day for the first time in years.

6. Artemis!!! Old Times!

7. It's kinda neat having an apprentice at game.

8. Selling most of my items and making bank for the first time ever.

Awesome event guys!

nabu nexus nabu nexus nabu nexus... mwa ha ha, still pounds in the back of my mind after all this time. looking forward to the winter event. will the orcs make a sled assult down the hills when the Ogers and Minotaurs hoards march in through the fields, who knows, but it would be a sight to see, or a land scape to paint

It was my first event and I NPCed until I couldn't no more (hurt my knee pretty badly) but in no specific order

the funeral of poor Dubious Minimous

being half of the pantomiming Treeman Duo

playing corpses a lot (side effect of hurt knee)

playing a random bard and getting people to tell me stories in and around the inn

Best and worst in no particular order.

1rst:

-Veronica! I made a blast helping built her and then to see Dave go "the fuck is that the fuck is that the fuck IS that" was an incredible payoff.

-Rachael and I sacking town. Again.

2nd:

-My wonderful npcs! You guys were amazing and I couldn't ask for more.

-broctavius,hero of ponedale

-my elven lady lovers, you both were incredible.

3rd::

The wardens started this shift very poorly although the entrance of myself and Fred's new was pretty incredible.

After going to trolls who weren't there, and then coming across an unkillable asshole,we were kinda low on 3rd.

4th:

-wardens fly together! Flanking the Orc waves was a lot of fun.

-the threat of a n attack at the shrines and oscars call to arms. I want to thank every pc that night for rolling with me on that. With all of town silently listening to Oscar and going with his plan, the respect of you all made that my favorite moment in his career.

-the fight to the shrine.

"Hey ferrous ,remember that old Terran children's song?"

(Charges in unison) "GOOOOODDDBBYYEEEE HHHOORRRSSEESSS"

1st time, definitely not my last!

Where to start... new play initiation & wailing on Zach with the weapons during calibration, having my awesome girlfriend diving into this with an open mind, the free lodging and food and costume and weapons, N.P.Cingggg!!!

The first night waiting as an orc was kinda 'meh,' but the rise of the undead served as a great successor!

NPCing as an iron golem, wood goblin, SAURIAN (now with lycanthropy), orc, and as a bandit/merry adventurer/mercenary & taking an arrow to the temple while pursuing my sis (need more pow'ah!!) ~ it was all surreal and fantastic!

So so good! Definitely returning, crossed fingers for December, absolutely for the FEAST!

An epilogue to the weekend: my gf & I will be making our own PC's!