Kitsune

Cheers! (First event scramble!)

Hello, folks!

I'm Kaela and I'm from Buffalo. Chloe (Lori) was telling me about your game on Sunday, and it seems to be this weekend so I'm trying to get the ball rolling. Sorry for the short notice! :)

I'm no stranger to larping, as I've been playing in theater-style games since 2008 (which still makes me newer than most people I know). I help staff two private games in Buffalo; one is Urban Fantasy (Dresden Files/FATE system) and the other World of Darkness. This is my first boffer-style game, though, so I'm excited to learn.

At this point, I have a concept for a faekin from Vlean. I think I can get almost everything together for a kit by Friday, even if I have to borrow a tunic from a friend. The only thing that I'm having trouble acquiring are the colored-contacts, mostly because I need a prescription for mine. I should be able to get those by next time I come up.

I saw that there's a new player orientation at the start of the first shift. I work until 6 on Friday, so I should be able to get to the site around 9. Would that be a problem? Going forward, I'll be starting a new job in January with more flexible scheduling, so by the time April rolls around I should be able to leave Buffalo early on Fridays. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hello, Kaela, I'm Maggie from Marketing and Player Outreach. Welcome! I know Chloe told me you've been reading the Worldbook, but definitely also read the rules http://kingdomsofnovitas.net/players-corner/rules-and-errata/

Just so you know, you cannot PC a faekin without both the contacts and wig.

We might have started by the time you arrive, but we'll be sure to catch you up on what you missed.

I'm glad you're coming with such short notice! It can be a bit crazy, but everything should work out.

Thanks for the welcome! I looked over the rules last night, but my mind is like a sieve so I'm probably going to have to do that a couple more times in the next couple days. I was wondering what to do about the faekin conundrum. I saw the costuming rules. The wig will definitely be here in time, but not the contacts. (I'm so spoiled by Amazon at this point! What is this standard shipping thing taking three weeks other places? haha) I was reading something in the rules about being able to change aspects of the character after the first event and wanted to chat with staff about that. Would it be possible to work with something like that?

I wish I had more time, but I think it'll be worth it. :3 I'm trying to write up a background now. I saw elsewhere on the forum it's usually due a week before the event. I'll try to get one in as soon as possible.

While it WOULD technically be possible to start as a human with funny-colored hair, then use your New Character Amnesty to "become" Faekin at your second event, that would generally be in poor taste.

However, we're looking at the winter break here, and maybe Plot can work with that. I'll poke our Plot Marshal, Chris, to see if something can be done here.

It's totally plausible that you're "mid-transformation", so your hair will have changed, but your eyes are still in that process. If that works for you then it works for me.

Feel free to contact me via Private Message, if you have questions or just want to discuss your character concept.

See you at game!

Yeah, I'm generally not the kind of person that goes "technically this isn't against the rules!" If it's in poor taste or against the culture of the game, I'd rather not do that. Even if my character wears a mask, I'd want to do things right. This is the first game I've played with clear costuming requirements, and I think that's a neat aspect.

Thanks for the answers. If I can work with staff to figure something out, that would be awesome. :)

It's totally plausible that you're "mid-transformation", so your hair will have changed, but your eyes are still in that process. If that works for you then it works for me.

I really like that idea, actually! It fits with what I had in mind for her backstory. I've been bouncing ideas off Chloe and Alex, but do you mind if I send you my notes so far? I have a lot of bullet points right now that I'm trying to make into a proper background. :3