NoMereButterfly

Best of December 2015

PC:+++Thank you so much everybody for making Eliana's retirement/death the best thing ever. BIG shout-out to Chris for working himself up and really making this a big deal. I couldn't have imagined it would go so wonderfully.

+Cracking jokes as Eliana's giving birth, cutting tension with well-timed humor.

+New creatures delivering miracles

+Magic twins! And one of them has purple hair!

+The absolute freakout as Eliana died post-childbirth. So much power blown. So many consumables blown.

+Al's RP as Geoffredo being intense in his faith throughout the whole ordeal and then, "IT'S A MIRACLE!"

+Everyone's RP was so on-point all event! December is good for that.

+Terridan's slight-of-hand tricks was a nice full-circle thing to when Eliana first came into town and Raines cheered her up by showing her his magic tricks.

+"I'll always answer your call" bonding with Balder.

+Sidhan predicting twins.

+Wight king fight.

+Eliana vs. all of Saturday Morning Orcs. Guess who won, no contest?

+Heretic stew: the finale.

+Bonding with Cass over her past coming back to haunt her.

+Just... all of these special last moments with all of the characters Eliana saw before the birth.

+Hearing all of the fallout of mourning after I dropped character.

NPC:

+BEST BANDITS EVER! "Nine NPCs are lost in the woods... lost in the woods... lost in the woods..."

+Ambassador Lillith from Carinhold, actually a recurring character (last time she thanked Xander for his service).

+Bed yebs farmer, eating stew and being dissipated by the PCs when wraiths and bagmen came a'knockin'.

+Unhallow necromancer getting in an unhallow-dispell tug-of-war with Titus.

+Scarecrows as cruise missiles of death for Titus... poor Titus. Everything I was sent out as on 3rd was killing Titus.

GM:

+Best NPCs ever. I wish they wouldn't drive themselves to injury, though.

+The Slaad!

+Impromptu Eliana's Mama ghost.

+Gravespawn plot device. Draug: "I have to end you now." Grasvespawn: "I wish you wouldn't." Draug: *fancy throat slit*

+GM buddy Al, improvising together.

+Logistics support from Jordan and Gabe. They're the best. Seriously.

GMing 1st:

- Leah and the guy who played her father in law (what is your name?!) harassing the shit out of Micah for marrying her husband because he smelled a flower. Whoops!

- NPCs helping make my plots much better. Namely Al who took one of my plots and turned it into the opposite of what I originally wanted, which made it so much better

- There weren't a lot of NPCs on this shift so I didn't send out a lot of plots because I ended up NPCing stuff, but I always appreciate the enthusiasm everyone has on first shift!

- THANK YOU JULIA FOR THE BOOTS YOU SAVED MAI LYYYYYFE (Forgot my boots this game. Thank goodness for friends!)

- Fighting Pat and Ryan as undead while Kaela got final rested. "Where's Odric?! I can't find him!" "When was the last time you saw him?" "What? You said you brought him!" "No I didn't!" Lulz

PCing 2/3:

-Eliana's death was so epic, morbid, profound, heart-wrenching, fantastic, crazy thing ever. She will be missed, as is evident from the intense mourning and emotional fallout from everyone afterwards

- "The baby stopped crying!!!" *MASS HYSTERIA!!!!!*

- Gods? Immortals? Twin babbies?! Lori randomly predicted the twins when they were joking with Eliana before Lurina was born. Nailed it!

- Heretic stew is f$%#&ing delicious

- Krod losing his shit after Eliana died. Alex went through some serious emotion there that wasn't entirely all role-play so I know that part wasn't fun for him, but in character it made the scene insanely real. Sidhan hugging him in the aftermath, oh my god.

- Geoffredo saying to Krod as he tried to comfort him, "My dear man..." and then pointing out that he had never called Krod anything but 'boy' before today. FEELS FEELS FEELS OH GOD.

- The ghost plot where the guy hired the bandits to kill the girl's family. Lori kept asking Narene what to do but Narene told her she could handle it. With Eliana's and other people's help they got the whole thing sorted out. Lori looked the ghost in the eye and told him he had saved his sister, because without him no one else would have known the truth

- After the ghost plot was over Lori told Narene, and he congratulated her. Being humble Lori said, "I tried," with a shrug, because she needed help. But Narene said, "No. You did not just try. You succeeded." That was VERY significant for Lori, because for a year she has been battling this inferiority complex that she is useless and can't ever do anything helpful or right. Beautiful moment with Dave Morgan, loved it!

- Kaela's new PC Malory joining us. The scene where the two met again was epic. Lori was dead on the ground and when she got revived she saw Malory holding her sword, which Malory recognized because she was childhood friends with Lori. Epic scene <3

- F$%#ING SNEAKY BANDITS!!!! Channeling Eliana when Lori lost it and screamed at them was so much fun. We killed most of them, we're good. SWAMP BATTLE!

- Ivan and Lori's interaction was so interesting. Lori hasn't really talked to Ivan since her first day in Pinedale when Ivan was hitting on her before he knew she was Krod's woman. 3rd shift he saw her behind the Temple and called out to her, pointing out that it was super shady to hide behind buildings. So she went over to his fire. He moved over so she could sit next to him instead of on the wet log nearby, and gave her some steak. It was a somber, quiet scene, but it actually helped Lori a lot while she was grieving

- RPing with Geoffredo about all the crazy batshit stuff that had just gone down. The nature of failure and strength, good fights and bad fights, gods and cracks in the dome of the universe

- RPing with Ulysseus in the Temple. That scene was so deep and heartfelt. Lori was swelling with pride as Krod spoke words of wisdom to Ulysseus. Unbelievable character development in that scene guys.

NPCing 4th Shift:

- Pixies! Speaking in the melodies from Into the Woods because I couldn't think of other songs to use. Danced in the field with Ferrous and Michael Burnheart and then forgot what the magic items we gave them did. WHOOPS. Dave H saying in rhyme how much he hated us and wanted us to go away.

- Sexy hags. Loved that. Draug telling us that we had been discovered and that we should leave... and ignoring him completely. WHOOPS.

- Night orcs. Breaking through Marcus' armor and having him get so pissed that he ranted over my dead body before murdering me with primal

- Worst wraith ever. It was SO dark I couldn't see shit. Marcus comes over to loot me and goes, "I hate wraiths." And I replied, "Not as much as my orc!" Heeheehee.

Also this conversation:

Geoffredo: I was just outside talking to Reginald

Lori: Who?

Geoffredo: An ancient Nosferatu

Lori: WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! WHY AREN'T WE OUT THERE KILLING IT?!?!!? YOU TALKED TO THAT THING?!!?!?

Geoffredo: *shows her a stack of ten revive scrolls*

Lori: HOLY SHIT WE LOVE REGGIE! WE'RE NEVER KILLING REGGIE!!!

Too much to name! Thanks for staff and all the awesome people that made my first event so much fun! You all rocked, and I appreciated all the help. I think I need to practice my combat coming up.

Shift 1

• Being the moon-moon of NPCs. Combat was especially rough, and it took a bit to get used to the masks. "Moon-moon, you don't apologize constantly to the rest of the undead horde." Running around as skeletons was entertaining, mostly due to the commentary from our necromancer.
  • I volunteered to be final rested, but the PCs saved me. So I got to play a scared farm girl instead.
  • Being so happy to land a hit with my first tag bag, only to realize it was friendly fire. Clearly my darkness worshipper was trying to usurp her leader. Darkness would be so proud of how crafty I was. (Sorry!)

Shift 2

• Realizing that orc'o'clock was a thing and people weren't being facetious. Our entire cabin slept in so I was slightly late to shift. Oooops.
  • I went and played a darkness worshiper again. When the PCs showed up to stop the sacrifice, they realized that we were a family holding a funeral. I kept crying and yelling at them for interrupting my daughter's funeral. "We don't do this to you!" Poor Mary had to play the dead girl, and she really had to go to the bathroom. It was almost a competition for her husband and I to find the most heinous things to sob over her corpse. 'Remember how she loved climbing trees and smashing bird eggs? She hated their singing!" "Remember when she skinned her least favorite cat, Olvier? She had him for two years." "Yeah, that's how she learned. HIs skin kept growing back." Kudos for Mary for not losing it completely. :3
  • I got to play a ghost looking for her son, Caelan. She didn't realize that he had grown up. Raylin (Sp?) helped me, and we found my son. I kept denying that it could be him. "He's a little boy. This is a man. Besides, I imagined he would grow up to be more handsom...and not quite so rude..." Caelan thought the medium was some sort of freak. The ghost made the medium buy some of Caelan's wares.

Shift 3

• I got to play my PC!
  • Ivan pointed me to the inn, where I met the rhinos. They realized I could cast compulsion magic and asked me to come with them to deal with some slavers. Everyone hated slavers. We disengaged because it seems like the temple were going to free the slaves.
  • Went inside to pray to the Stranger and the gods for my safe arrival. Malory expected to be dead. Screaming started outside. I was leaning over the altar talking to the priest when someone came in and slew me. I was unarmed at the time and didn't expect violence in the temple. I was in game less than 10 minutes. hah! Malory woke up to the priest healing her and we went off to find the bandits
  • Found a bunch of bodies, one of which had the sword that belonged to Lori's father. It had been a while since Lori and Malory had seen each other, so she assumed it was some Dellin that had robbed the family grave. After a brief squabble, the friends recognized each other and reunited. It was an amazing scene. They explained that bandits pretending to be slaves had robbed them. We went to track them down.
  • In the swamp, I found out the answer to whether or not my boots were waterproof. Squish squish.
  • Spent the rest of the night in the temple doing some softer RP. Got to meet Krod, and heard the story of how Lori accidentally married him. Spoke with the priest about Philosophy
  • The scene with Ulysses was fantastic. It was great to see the other characters connect to his plight and offer great advice.
  • There was a scene for those that paid respects to Elliana. Malory awkwardly perched on the side of the temple not knowing what to do. She doesn't think it's a coincidence she arrived when she did.
  • I was looking in the cabin for my phone when a wraith attacked a npc. I couldn't see what was going on due to the drapes so I ran out with spells in hand. Oops!
  • Malory joined the Temple Guards!

Shift 4

• I was exhausted so I NPCed again. It made sense in my head at the time.
  • Need food badly at the start of my shift, so ran to the inn to get food for myself and Al. Ended up getting mortally wounded by the werewolf group I was initially going to NPC for. Wondered if ghosts could carry hot dogs. A nice character healed me and I made off with the food.
  • Did a bag of tricks. It ended up taking hours, but we didn't realize how long it took. "What do you mean we're on the second one and it's 11:30?"
  • Heckling Xander's NPC at the start of the bag of tricks. "Nice knowing you, Lopin!"
  • "Do you want to play a Vampire? You'll be scarier, because they're harder to kill. Elven Steel is one of the only things that can hurt you." Sweet! Maybe I can get some practice at combat. ...Entire party is carrying elven steel.
  • I played a zombie at the Nabu Nexus fight. The make-up team rocked it. I wish I'd gotten a picture.

Overall, I had a blast. I can't wait to attend another event! biggrin.gif

~Kaela

Everything rocked. The end!!!

Shift 1-

"Oh crap here they come, they're going to see me with that cursed lantern!!!" Nope.

EPIC battle with Fe Da Butcher with Ulysseus and Beryl nearby (THANK YOU GUYS RPING was on POINT)

Fe Da Butcher : " I want to stay around and make sure she is ok..."

Beryl: "Reap Spirit!"...WHHAAAAAAAAA????

Ok the field WAS cold! Thanks to Ith and Narene and Beryl I didn't have to stay tooo long. Thank you :)

HUGE RPing stuff between Thaerion and Sidhan. "I'm going to live HOW LONG????!!!!"

WHERE IS BERYL?? WHERE ARE THE RHINOS? aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Shift 2-

DRAUG'S HERE????!!!! Yay!

Riona is tricky and likes fun too???? Uber YAY!! (Thank you Butcher ;) )

Loud noises at the temple. Is someone being tortured to death? Why are there elves in there? THAT is childbirth...no thank you (huge vow thanks to Narene's help)

Ith: "I need my bag NOW"

Thaerion: "okay" Runs allllllll the way to the lake only to be held up by treemen, Draug runs allllll the way back. Thaerion looks at the path where Draug put some stuff down "NO! A BAG-IS THIS THE ONE?? I DONT KNOW!" Thaerion grabs the bag and runs allllll the way back to Pinedale only to find out it's too late. Murdered treemen for slowing down Thaerion.

Sadness all over. :( :( :(

Oh what is that huge white thing? Thaerion turns around to see the elves walking away from her....um guys?.....UM GUYS???? They keep walking.....ummmmm.....yep. back to the woods

DRAUG is HERE! WHAAAA?

Shift 3

Setting traps and then luring people to them with rhyme and reasons and FUN

Roaming around as a bagman was pretty sweet! (Yay for redemption)

Baevynn has a cousin? Waaaiiiittt.......That was fun :)

OOO sitting in the woods as a tied up lady and hearing a animal walk on by....eek....

In the Inn eating...quick hide under here to eat! NOT YOU (referring to one of the male pleasers as he joins the sisters under the table)

Hurray for undead!

Shift 4

More undead in an army now! OOO spooky

Learning a little more make-up trickery :)

More roaming :)

Thaerion returns for some more action....is she asleep? Yes she is asleep.....upright... holding her sword...oops (thank you for not leaving me guys :) )

at the Inn: Is Thaerion asleep again? YUP this time passed out with some ale under a table....OOPS

WE HAVE HOW MANY VILLAGERS AWAKE?? That's it???

Draug: Blah blah blah something something hold this and dissipate....

Thaerion: What?? I dont...what???

Draug: Repeats himself and hands Thaerion a weird jar thingy.... and runs

Thaerion- Glares at the jar and then.... Shadowskin-attack the undead!!!

Getting led waaaaay out in the field away from everyone-almost lost the bottle... oops....Ith's voice "WHERE IS THAERION?! SOMEONE FIND HER NOW!"

Groans.More running back to pinedale. Stupid bottle thing. Phew!

Yay we won and we are standing!

1st Shift (PC):

Thaerion sure knows how to kick a beehive.

Reaped a spark.

Almost got stabbed by the Rhinos.

Almost got stabbed by the People.

Almost got stabbed by those things trying to bury Thaerion's corpse.

Beryl is officially more afraid of Ith than Draug now, at least Draug is predictable.

After being threatened by Ith, Rhinos became less scary so Beryl gave them lip when they were ordering her around.

Sidhan stuff. (Beryl can't decide if he or Draug is the more elfy one)

Still using the Owl and Ore as a side business of ill-repute right under Oz's nose.

2nd shift (NPC):

All of Saturday morning orcs (especially getting to use the spire)

I felt like the NPC princess - I got to go out as a farmer and share breakfast with the Brave Companions

Got to watch Eliana's big good bye as the "wind".

3rd shift (Inn Shift):

The big fight between the Rhinos

4th Shift (PC):

Shop stuff, actually put salesmanship skills to work and sold a chunk of stuffs.

Had so much fun the shifts all blended together but I remember being

A dancing indentured servant

A incredibly irritated father inlaw (@lori my name is William)

worlds most ineffective Cyclops weapon master (no effect no effect no effect...)

A merchat selling pygmy necromancer skulls from the distant and mysterious continent of Nughicitakenthhbbbt. :P

Gladiator salesman bodyguard SUPRISE bandits bwah ha ha ha.

Being a section of the lycanthrope fur carpet at the tavern. talk about slaughter house.

Shortest comedy tour ever I don't know why everyone was so hostile to Squee the Tumorous' dead baby jokes ;p

Falling asleep waiting for my plothook to come back to the graveyard with adventurers. Damn that moss clump was cozy.

And then there was the ever fabulous Twilight. What more can be said. I knew I was doing my job right when people started casting disengage and blushing as they fled the tavern. I was lmao the whole time in my head. My partner in crime made it so much better to.

All in all that was the best weekend I have had in years. Looking forward to many more in pinedale

Finishing Amanda's retirement plot and getting some new monsters out the door was a big accomplishment. I was very pleased with how it turned out despite being nauseous afterwords. I wasn't sure how the PCs received it and was very nervous.

The look on Zach's face when he turned his head for a second and got a crossbow to the torso.

The look on Jimmy's face when he wasn't looking at me and a crossbow bolt hit him right over his shield from 40ft away.

Brave Companions Breakfast was a lot of fun. That was an excellent idea. Props to JC.

The chance to play my new PC was a lot of fun. I will certainly be sticking with him. I'm going to pick up a few new things for his garb and cannot wait for April.

Getting in character and walking down the hidden path only to find an unarmed Fe Da Butcher walking towards me. It was a good amount of RP that I was very happy to have had. After this conversation, I walk into the Field of Giants and run into Ulysses. We had a long conversation as well that was very enjoyable. I was really surprised at this timing and couldn't be happier with the chance to RP with some new players.

A big thank you to all the people who NPC'd tirelessly and GM'd. I really appreciate all the work you did this season to make it great. I can't wait to see all of you at Feb Feast.

A incredibly irritated father inlaw (@lori my name is William)

It was great meeting you William! You were awesome and I look forward to roleplaying with you more in the future!

The look on Zach's face when he turned his head for a second and got a crossbow to the torso.

The look on Jimmy's face when he wasn't looking at me and a crossbow bolt hit him right over his shield from 40ft away.

I'm sad I can't catch things when I want to. I gotta step up my game.

I'm sad I can't catch things when I want to. I gotta step up my game.

Sounds like you can catch crossbow bolts!

:D

- The ghost plot where the guy hired the bandits to kill the girl's family. Lori kept asking Narene what to do but Narene told her she could handle it. With Eliana's and other people's help they got the whole thing sorted out. Lori looked the ghost in the eye and told him he had saved his sister, because without him no one else would have known the truth

- After the ghost plot was over Lori told Narene, and he congratulated her. Being humble Lori said, "I tried," with a shrug, because she needed help. But Narene said, "No. You did not just try. You succeeded." That was VERY significant for Lori, because for a year she has been battling this inferiority complex that she is useless and can't ever do anything helpful or right. Beautiful moment with Dave Morgan, loved it!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it and it helped your character that was my first true plot that I came up with

Night orcs. Breaking through Marcus' armor and having him get so pissed that he ranted over my dead body before murdering me with primal

- Worst wraith ever. It was SO dark I couldn't see shit. Marcus comes over to loot me and goes, "I hate wraiths." And I replied, "Not as much as my orc!" Heeheehee.

marcus was having a really bad night so he let all his pent up anger and sorrow loose. though I did chuckle at the last part

And then there was the ever fabulous Twilight. What more can be said. I knew I was doing my job right when people started casting disengage and blushing as they fled the tavern. I was lmao the whole time in my head. My partner in crime made it so much better to.

ya that was a blast. we literally played right off of each other like we had rehearsed it

So glad Beryl isn't scared of Sidhan. We had a good talk.