Sign in to follow this  
Warblade

Blackguard Company

I've been discussing with some friends of mine about forming up our own adventuring party and RPing it as a minor mercenary company open to all races if people want to join or even fight alongside of.

Had some ideas for it and wanted to get some feedback from senior players.

My goal is to start as a Mercenary Band and hopefully have it possibly be a small fighting force for a minor noble house.

Name: Blackguard

Banner: a Grey Spotted Hyena with red eyes on a black background

Motto: Dead of Night (We Wait)

Origin:When Doskes fled Vlen, he spent years traveling and learning what he could from the people he came into contact with, until he felt he had gained adequate enough skills and equipment to take on jobs. One of the jobs he took was to remove a Grak worshiper that was rallying Orcs behind him. Doskes failed in his assassination attempt and fled with many Orcs in close pursuit. As he fled into the night, he came into a clearing, exhausted and waiting to die fighting. Doskes began to hear laughter in the dark followed by shrieks of pain from the orcs until there was only silence. When Doskes peered into the darkness, he saw a creature with Pale gray spotted fur. Doskes was spared only on account of the beast having it's fill, since then he has the intention of using that beast for his banner when he is able to found his own house.

All in all, I want to have a Hyena/Gnoll be the creature on his banner, I think it might work out since he can claim he never saw a creature like that before, nor know what to call it. He would only remember what he thinks he saw and the laughter he heard before the death of his enemies.

I looked through the beastiary and never saw anything about Gnolls, but I assume typical creatures are known in the game such as Rhinos...though how do we view standard animals found in nature in this game, are they mythological as well?

Honestly, I wasn't too into this at first. After quite a bit of thinking, however, it does seem kinda cool (Mostly because it fits in with a few of my personal tastes; Blackguards, gnolls, muted colors, and ambiguity.)

I am still hesitant about offering my name to the company, though. I feel like there's a bit of background work to be done here, maybe even in game. It's a super cool idea, and I think I'd love to be a part, but I really want to wait until it's a little more solid. A reputation to live up to, connections/source of income, or maybe a few more potential members.

First, thank you for showing interest.

Second, No intention on trying to put this into the fast lane, so no worries about rushing. I would like to go the route you suggested of making sure there is more background put down for it, and it becomes a more solid thing so that it can be formed gradually rather than all at once.

Understand, I am over a year away from probably bringing in my character. At the moment, I am thinking of playing a bounty hunter (not sure of much background yet). Her big thing is the next paycheck. Once she is on a contract though, that IS her focus. I could see her joining a mercenary force when she is between contracts, though. Or even being part of a mercenary force that generally ends up getting solo contracts. Could that work? I, too, am not looking to fast track anything and will be a LONG way from presenting a character to the game, but I figured, since I'm reading more stuff on here, that I could see my character working with this.

Lady Vinyl