Sign in to follow this  
Warblade

Party?

So I was talking with my wife and I threw out the idea that I thought about hosting an IC party and wanted to see if anyone would find that fun to do.

Time: possibly around Halloween so it'd be easier to get away with everyone being in their LARP gear.

Place: Still looking at possible locations, or at the very least host it at my house.

I figure it might be a fun opportunity for people to get to know each other's characters better without the threat of Orcs or Undead attacking. Would anyone be interested in doing an In Character Party?

We did something similar for feb feast a couple years ago and apparently the feedback wasn't all that positive.

When I was there I recall seeing people consistently breaking character and talking out of game.

We have an all-PC shift once a year at Harvest Feast for this purpose.

I'd still like to extend an invitation for people to attend my Halloween party in their LARPing best once I get the date pinned down. I think it can be a lot of fun whether we decide to do it IG or OOG. advantage to doing it OOG is having free discussion as to how the person made their outfit, where they ordered it, etc Either way, a party is still being planned.

Actually, the "LARPer Etiquette" in this case is that your garb is not a costume, and it's a huge faux pas to show up to a costume party that has other LARPers at it in your garb...

I don't believe I said that it was a Costume during my post. Then again I think a party is still good to do and would be fun with other members in Kingdoms of Novitas. All in all, it would just be something for people to attend if they wanted to without any rules or constraints, it is after all going to be open invitation for people who go to KON including yourself.