Sign in to follow this  
NoMereButterfly

RP Skill Approval & Advancement

Its that time of the year again! Anyone wising to advance in a RP Skill or gain an RP skill for your PC please post here or PM me your request as follows:

Player Name:

PC Name:

Current RP Skills (Level):

Why advancement or new skill?: Please highlight plot interactions, PC-to-PC interactions, character history, and any other relevant information to help us understand the whys of approval/advancement.

Plot will be at the end of September so please get your requests in by Wednesday, September 14 at 11:59 PM.

Player Name:Robert L Denney III<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">PC Name: Yhu Spragg<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">Current RP Skills (Level): Merchant 1 Medium 1<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">Why advancement or new skill?

Merchant 2: Spragg makes sales between 300-500 coin per event, mostly snacks,but also potions and small trinkets bought form players.

SPragg has sold potions to a variety of groups, such as Rhinos in soft shift. Spragg's food has broken down cultural barriers, and even the snooty high elves have bought his food(and snuck off into the woods to eat it). Even Draugg makes an occasionally visit to test the food for poison and consume it. Spragg has also made a habit of selling to anyone, regardless of race, or vocation. So far Spragg has sold his wares to an Ettin who needed an emotion potion to help him embrace his sadness over romantic failures. He has sold an emotion potion to civilized Orcs. Two different Skaven have made food purchases at Spragg's Snack Shack. Even werewolves have sampled his goods. Perhaps the most helpful food sales have been between Spragg and the recurring Picean doom sayers, whom not only bough their snacks in Picean currency, but recieved change in the same, cooling their tempers and making the Picean elder willing to talk.

For these reasons I am requesting Merchant 2 for Yhu Spragg.

Medium 2: Yhu Spragg has come to appreciate his Aunt Ji Euns ghost whom has continued to mentor Spragg in the ways of mediums and healing magic. Ji Eun has even felt comfortable emerging into town, although she relied on Spragg to keep the southern mediums away. Spragg has handled a few spirits in a way more delicate than southern mediums, including leading a spirit in the august event to Richard the Bard and others to hear brave adventuring stories. Spragg does not see the ghost as the dead and damned, but as those leading a second life, albeit a strange one. Wishing to understand spirits better Spragg has been trying to hone his medium focus. Also in the not to distant future I plan to propose a PiP that may lead to the exorcism of one of Spragg's spirits.

For these reasons I am requesting medium 2 for Spragg

player name: Steve Arnold

character name: Marcus Arcturus maximus

current RP skill level: ordained 3

reason: Kyle told me i advanced...

other reasons for advancement::

i have become someone that others have approached for life advice as well as religious advice.

have performed various ceremonies (a wedding, a funeral which had every person crying for how emotional it was, and a memorial)

I have had various conversations with both pcs and npcs concerning the gods both good and bad.

I try to avoid bloodshed when possible and instead seek peaceful resolutions to conflicts (except casvaks and werewolves fuck them they are evil incarnate that need to be wiped out of all existence)

I pray at the temple every shift

I incorporate all of the aspects of the 7 gods every chance I can.

I pray over the bodies of all the dead npcs after fights to help usher their sparks to the well.

I pass judgement on all those brought before me that are accused of crimes and when possible try to get them to work off their debts when found guilty.

in the event that I must pass a death sentence I carry it out myself and beg the mothers forgiveness and give the condemned a swift and merciful death. after the sentence is carried out I bury the body myself and pray over them.

now I'm sure I am forgetting many other acts but these are the only ones that stick out in my mind.

Evan Smith

Kaden

Currently Ordained lvl 2

Reasons for advancement. I have conducted a number of funerals, a wedding, and even did a blessing for an unborn child. I rescued a fellow Septon from some vampires. In all that I do I strive to honor and serve the Sept to the best of my abilities and seek out the advice from other Septons. I have been helping other members in my group to better understand the will of the Sept, mostly this consists of me playing Artamis' conscience...which he often ignores, but still I try. I have given aid to those who are destitute in the name of the Sept, at one point I gave an NPC a revive scroll so that he could revive his little girl who had been killed. I have recently been more engaged with other townspeople regarding the Sept. I have conducted one sermon, tried to do one last event as well but Ambrose was the only one who showed up, we ended up having a lengthy discussion about the state of the town and the need for us to come together to fight the forces of evil we face. I have had several conversations with Teridan and have encouraged him to seek the will of the Sept for his life. Teridan came to the sermon I conducted in May which was after he had been executed for a crime but then revived. I did not know this had happened, nor did I know that he was seeking the Sept for guidance at this time, but the Sept lead me to do the sermon on our calling and how we can determine the calling of the Sept in our lives. This seemed to speak to Teridan and we talked some afterwards about his past and how he was looking for new direction.

Player Name: John Harrington

PC Name: Ralen Elkund

Current RP Skills (Level): Medium 1 and Merchant 1

Requesting advancement to Merchant 2

Why advancement or new skill?: Ralen's drink selling business has been extremely successful. A larger basket, larger bottles, and more bottles were added. Two signs detailing the drinks were attached to the basket. A new drink was added and became very popular. Ralen regularly employs the PCs Phoenix and his new recruit Duncan as bodyguards to protect him and his wares. PCs commonly drink his drinks in celebration (a nearly whole basket was purchased for the brave companions liar's dice game). Ralen's new 'buy 5 get one free' deal has enticed people to purchase more. Ralen advised a couple traveling merchant entrepreneurs that alcoholic drinks are very popular. Ralen's drinks have been the target of poisoners once or twice. Ralen acquires between 300-560 coin per event from selling drinks. Ralen is attempting to open a clinic in a neighboring town. Occasionally Ralen's drinks are used in bartering for goods.

Player name : Eric Bryant

Pc name : AnKob

Rp skills : medium 1

Applying for : merchant 1

Reason: because AnKob is now on his own he feels he needs to be able to trade/sell with others without being looked at weird by others or approached by the merchants guild for backdoor selling.... Or without having to cut in a greedy merchant for having hem sell thins for me lol

Player: Brian Loughlin

PC: Teridan Cerydian

RP Skills: Medium 2, Merchant 1

Applying for: Medium 3

Reasons: I have been consistently dealing with spirit plots since last year, and will usually seek out other mediums in town to come with me so I do not face it alone. I have had numerous discussions about what it means to be a medium with others who have the sight. A highlight plot was when I and two other mediums solved a looping spirit plot, where the events kept being repeated, by figuring out the clues and eventually putting them to rest. Also this year, when he faced his Gods and they saw fit to have their Septon restore him after being beheaded, he has decided to devote his goals to understanding and exploring these abilities, going so far as to giving up the gaming table entirely to pursue being a medium, while also squiring for Valora.

Player:Joshua Shear

PC: Marieus Frugle

RP skills:none

Applying for: medium 1

Reasoning: Marieus has witnessed atrocities in pinedale that have shaken him to his core.Practicly liveing in darkeness for the better part of a year he's started to become distant.The death of his friend and old leader Ullseysess has drove him to the brink of maddness,but his sanity has been kept in check knowing that a part of the rhinos legand is laying somewhere in the lands,lost but not forgotten.Also being coated with ethernal cealent after dieing,Marieus has a new found respect for the concept of death and the well,he is intreigued by what truly happens after death.

Tray gard the iron wall

Always announce my title in the presence of enimes

Wrote to my order

Trying to establish rules in pinedale

Trying for status 2

All of the above have been received and posted to plot for consideration. Meeting to take place on Thursday.

Player Name: Tom Hafner

Character Name: Zadeth Do'Avinrai

Current RP Skill: none

Why Advancement: he wants Merchant 1 since he used to be the captain of a trading vessel.

Kyle Egert

Draug

Status 1 : wildrunner

Draug is actively a tool for his superiors without fault . He has trust in those higher status than him and as a llesser member in his organization , his loyalty is firm and increasing .

draug updates his home lodge multiple times a game through verbal Crimson currier message . These updates are town developments , monster patterns , and other information useful to the great forest

His reputation is unmatched for being a wildrunner . While he is far below rank the other runners in town , he is often approached with wildrunner matters before anyone else

He's getting married to an adopted member of the silver tree household , although this not a major role in his movement to status 2

Player Name: Connor Policastro

PC Name: Rykir Albesncar

Current RP Skills (Level): none

Why advancement or new skill?: Medium 1

For the past 5 months or so, Rykir has been secretly experimenting with necromantic magics out of desperation to say goodbye to his dead sister. I've RPd him trying to contact her, alone and by candlelight, attempting to use his nox tome and necromancy ritual components. I've also RPd him praying to the scholar and mother to help him give it up and let it go, and once more to protect him when he tried again. Recently, Rykir has also secretly retained a piece of the Al'Cairn's phylactery in an attempt to gather enough power to reach out to her. Basically, his sad and hidden idea that these magics will help him reach out to her have led him to muddle around in the affairs of spirits. Now, I'm hoping that with the newfound extra power from the phylactery piece, he will succeed, but ultimately the result will be bad for his sister's spark and he will from then on be "gifted" with the ability of a medium. A constant reminder of his hubris and folly.