Sign in to follow this  
LadyKate

Dancing

Would anyone be interested in bringing dancing to Novitas? Maplewood is a more civilized town, I hear.

I do English Country Dance. It's a very social dance where partners switch every dance. It's all walking steps in patterns, you don't have to be a good dancer to do it well. It's generally stately and elegant and plenty of time for "hamming it up" or roleplaying while dancing.

Maybe for Harvest Fest? I can teach if people are interested. Ben (Crispin Cloudbank), Mary (Serana), and my brother Dave (Caspar Cloudbank), and Asian Dave (Daitoro) have all been to English Country Balls with me, so they've seen the dances.

If we did it, the one easy dance I would teach (not as my PC, of course) is called Hole in the Wall. It's a few simple patterns that repeat over and over. Any musicians interested in learning this music?

Hole in the Wall Dance with full explanation (this is my dance group teaching at a festival, I'm not in this video though):

The music starts at 7:25, so at first skip the intro and go to that spot, then go back and hear the intro because it's funny.

Let me know your thoughts.

Any musicians interested in learning this music?

Here's the music alone without the instruction:

Dancing would be a welcome addition to the game in my opinion.

Thumbs up for this idea.

Yes! A thousand times yes! Especially for next festival, which will likely not be until net year.

Also, thank Courtinie or whoever gave her that plot, for coming to town as the cutest girl asking to learn how to dance. It was like she was getting ready for prom. It sparked a conversation about dances.

Awesome.

Tiny dance moments could be worked into NPC scenes too if needed. (Four dancing ghosts who won't leave? NPC dance instructor trying to distract PCs right before Orcs attack...) Just let me know when you need me.

Courtinie's plot was adorable. And Peacekeeper trying to dance with Daitoro and getting choked. LOL

It would be nice to have dances as part of a victory party when evil is vanquished. Music and Dancing always go hand in hand when celebration occurs.

No harvest fest this year, but it may be a great IC wintertime activity! All for it!

Yes to the dancing.

NO TO DANCING WITH TRAYGARD!

As a drummer, the OTHER songs on that playlist have drum parts (or a speed quick enough that I could easily go along with it). I could do a slower bass drum like part if there are multiple musicians so that we all stay together. If there's only a solo player, I am down with learning to dance!!!

Lady Vinyl