Jenica

Sleeping Arrangements at Hoover Adventure Center

Hello, playerbase! The Logistics team is working on a lot of information for you, and the first thing we want to get out there is information about the sleeping arrangements in Maplewood. The options are all described below, with links to photos I took on our move-in day.

The Logistics Team, with Hivemind's support, are working on a pre-registration system for sleeping and encampment space -- we want to be certain that everyone knows where they are going when they arrive at the new site, and that they know what to bring with them. Please do not ask questions about the preregistration system yet; there will be a separate post about that. Please check out your options, and think about what makes sense for you and your friends. I will post a second post of suggestions for what people should or might want to bring with them if they are planning to sleep in a tent or cabin.

Players have three options for sleeping: Logistics, Cabins, and Tents.

Logistics: These sleeping rooms are available year round. They have bathrooms, power, heat, and easy access to a kitchen with a refrigerator. There are two identical bunk rooms, each of which will sleep 15 when lightly populated, or 25 when beds are laid out side by side with very little room inbetween. The beds provided by Hoover are sleeping mats, which can be laid on the floor. Players can also bring personal cots or air mattresses. Regardless of what they sleep on, players must provide their own bedding. Players sleeping in Logistics will be required to keep all personal gear downstairs at all times, as all available space for personal NPC gear will be used by those sleeping in other buildings. Logistics is permanently out-of-game.

Logistics mattress layout

Logistics mattress layout 2

Cabins: The cabins are uninsulated, unheated, and unpowered. Cabins sleep either 8 or 4 based on size. They will be usable year round if players bring propane heaters and warm sleeping gear. Cabins are all near a port-a-john or building with plumbing, and a picnic shelter with a charcoal grill. The beds provided by Hoover are metal bedframes with sleeping mats. Players can also bring personal cots or air mattresses. Regardless of what they sleep on, players must provide their own bedding. Players sleeping in cabins will be required to keep all personal gear in the cabin at all times, except for NPC gear being used during the NPC shift, which can be brought to Logistics during the shift. NPC equipment cannot be stored in Logistics between shifts. Cabins will be part of active gameplay and may be In-Game encampments.

Cabin exterior

MerchantTown cabin interior

Maplewood cabin interior, 4

Maplewood cabin interior, 8

Tents: The tents are wooden floors and frames with canvas walls and secondary tarp roofs. They sleep 4. They will be usable for all games from April to November. During the winter, players who normally encamp in tents will need to sleep either in cabins or Logistics. Tents are all near a port-a-john or building with plumbing, and a picnic shelter with a charcoal grill. The beds provided by Hoover are metal bedframes with sleeping mats. Players can also bring personal cots or air mattresses. Regardless of what they sleep on, players must provide their own bedding. Players sleeping in tents will be required to keep all personal gear in the cabin at all times, except for NPC gear being used during the NPC shift, which can be brought to Logistics during the shift. NPC equipment cannot be stored in Logistics between shifts. Tents will be part of active gameplay and may be In-Game encampments.

Tent

Tent Pod

Medical: There are several options for anyone who requires special sleeping circumstances to consider.

The Hoover Adventure Center has a Nurse’s Station. This Healer’s Hall will be a permanently out-of-game space, and a Combat and Safety medic will sleep there each night so that all players know where to find medical assistance if needed. There is power and a refrigerator in this cabin. It sleeps 4-8, depending on how the rooms are used. It has three small bedrooms with screen doors that can each sleep 2, and an outer area that can sleep an additional two. Hoover has provided four metal bedframes and sleeping mats; if additional players need to sleep in the Hall they will have to provide their own cots or air mattresses. Regardless of what they sleep on, players must provide their own bedding. Unless special accommodations are requested and approved by the Logistics Marshal, players sleeping in the Hall will be required to keep all personal gear in the cabin at all times, except for NPC gear being used during the NPC shift, which can be brought to Logistics during the shift. The Healer’s Hall will be reserved for those who can benefit from C&S monitoring and/or proximity to medical supplies.

HH Exterior

HH outer area

HH bedroom door open

HH bedroom, door closed.

Climate Control and Allergies: If players require more moderated climate control, or suffer from severe allergies, Logistics will be the best sleeping solution – it has the best environmental controls and is the least “outside” of all options.

Equipment: If players need access to refrigeration or power outlets, Logistics will be the best sleeping solution. There are 6-8 power outlets in each bunk room, and two refrigerators on the main floor.

Bathrooms: If players need access to bathrooms, showers, toilets, or sinks, Logistics will be the best sleeping solution. There is one multi-stall bathroom opening off of each bunk room.

Control of Space: If players need to be able to control their space for noise, occupancy, or security, a cabin will be the best solution. They have doors, some sleep only 4, and they are more isolated from the action of the game. Tents may also be the appropriate solution for some players, as they also sleep 4 and are isolated.

What if a player wants to pitch a personal tent, for in game flavor/encampment? Does Camp Hoover not want us to do this? With so much sleeping space, would logistics prefer we not bring tents?

You are welcome to bring and use tents. I defer to Dave on whether or not there are location restrictions.

If you plan to set up a tent to be an in-game fixture, go ahead. I don't care where you pitch it, as long as it's not right by Mark Lodge (Logistics). Best areas are going to be right amongst the cabins of Maplewood, or find a flat spot in the trees near Merchant Town or the IG tents.

Those flameless candles inside one of those lanterns is gonna provide next to no light. The glass in them is frosted, just stick LEDs in them.

When the weather warms up a little I'd really love to keep a cabin in merchant town in game. How would I reserve one? I can't find the preregister page for it..

You don't. You find out if there are unoccupied ones, get there first, and grab it.

There should be plenty of room. I've decamped from Cabin 4 to the inn room I won at NNY, and the BC's cabin 3 has sat empty for many months.

Thank you. From what I can gather, there is Owl & Ore and Mercy house already staked there this year. There should still be one or two open so I'll be sure to try and grab a cabin and deck it out next event :D

Thank you. From what I can gather, there is Owl & Ore and Mercy house already staked there this year. There should still be one or two open so I'll be sure to try and grab a cabin and deck it out next event :D/>

Jordan / Micah is in Cabin 5 by himself, last I knew, so maybe something can be worked out there. Cabin 4 is also open, and if there's not eight of you, I think the Brave Companions would be open to a half-and-half setup with them, as they haven't been filling it.

I still want four I was gonna take it last event but I read the heater situation wrong so it was to cold to stay. How ever I am getting a heater and insulation for next event so I can open bans shops

okay- So I know its first come first serve but I will still respect players that have either already actively been keeping space there recently within the past few months or have stated immediate plans to use the space already.

1) Owl & Ore

2) Mercy House ( even that she's been merging with O&O for cold weather she's been trooping it )

3) Unless this was the one claimed by the Brave Companions I believe it is open and would like to formally state I plan to occupy it next event.

4) Gil.

5) Jordan / Micah Maybe???

Jordan/Micah = Me :)

I have been setting up my encampment during these winter months and tried to sleep in them but I think I need two heaters due to the walls. I have anywhere between me and 5 people in my group. As it warms up we will have more people there. I'm sure there is plenty of room for you and your groups in some of the 8 mans. The summer months are amazing in Merchant town!

Ceilidh - Some of the cabins have room for 4 people, some have room for 8. If there is a group that has an 8 man cabin that is only using 4 bunks, you may be able to negotiate to set up you encampment in half of the cabin. If Gil takes cabin 4, he will still need to allow 3 other people to sleep in there, even if he sets up his shop there. There is also plenty of room in the tent pods when they are set up again for you to set up an encampment. The one across from Elftown was almost entirely empty in the fall.

My plan is to try and grab #3 ( unless it actively still is going to be claimed/used by the "The Brave Companions" next event) and I have a group of 3-5 who may join me in said space in April so it would be put to great use. However if Merchant town is filled in April I will wait till the tents are set ( when will that be anyway?)

I know that they talked about the Hellix being in a fluid state, but Elftown (where the tents are) is beyond the Hellix, and merchant town, generally is not. So you might want to keep that in mind.

My plan is to try and grab #3 ( unless it actively still is going to be claimed/used by the "The Brave Companions" next event) and I have a group of 3-5 who may join me in said space in April so it would be put to great use. However if Merchant town is filled in April I will wait till the tents are set ( when will that be anyway?)

Tents will be available for use in May.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.