Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

"Land Grab" at Hoover

First thing: I put "Land Grab" in quotes because there's not going to be one, as such, but that's how it's going to be referred to. Better to call it "space allocation" or "plans for facilities usage" but those don't roll off the tongue like "land grab" does, so I'm gonna keep calling it that. Don't be confused.

You are a buncha nerds who need space, and I have a buncha space to give to you. The tricky part here is going to be to match up everyone with the space that best suits their needs. Here's a few principles I'm gonna apply when deciding who goes where (in this order):

1. People willing to maintain in-game encampments, and willing to (attempt to) occupy them all eleven months we hold events.

2. People willing to (attempt to) occupy them all eleven months we hold events, and put their mundane stuff away out of sight.

3. People who have been regularly attending as staff members for many years (staff seniority).

4. People who have been regularly attending as players for many years (player seniority).

5. Longstanding adventuring groups.

Now, a lot of that is pretty subjective, but I'm confident that, given the above, we can find everyone space they'll be happy with.

What I need from you guys is the following:

Post here, like this. Copy/paste it please, and edit as appropriate.

-----------------------------------------

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names:

Space Requested: Logistics || Healer's Hall || Maplewood Cabin (8 or 4) || Merchant Town Cabin (8 or 4) || Elf Town Tent (how many tents)

Encampment: yes / no

Willing to occupy in winter months: yes / no

Willing to keep mundane junk under bunks: yes / no

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group:

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group:

Extenuating circumstances: ex. I'm a merchant and want to be in Merchant Town. I have a CPAP and need to sleep near an outlet. We're including Significant Others in our count who aren't part of our party but will sleep there. That sorta thing. If you have an extenuating circumstance you do not want to be public, please hit me up on Facebook or via PM here (FB is better).

------------------------------------------

I will also answer questions here, but try and stay on this particular topic in this particular thread, please and thank you.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Ivan Freelander / Brave Companions Overflow / BC SOs (4 total)

Space Requested: Merchant Town Cabin (4)

Encampment: yes

Willing to occupy in winter months: yes

Willing to keep mundane junk under bunks: yes

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 26

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 35-ish, depending on who's in there.

Extenuating circumstances: I'm a merchant and want to be in Merchant Town. We also have too many people in the (prospective) BC's cabin once everyone's SOs move in. I have a crapton of handmade wooden furniture and chests and stuff I want to use for my encampment.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Neecy & Daniel Braun/ Ceara & New PC/ Clan Fitheach

Space Requested: Logistics

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group:

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 10

Extenuating circumstances: I need to sleep indoors during the winter due to cold induced asthma, where I can plug in my nebulizer. I may attempt to set up my personal tent as encampment during the warmer months when possible.Daniel needs to sleep in the same building as I do because he's a minor. Phil will also be sharing a sleeping space with me.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Narene Tvarus / Druids /Druids SO's (13 max attendance including SO)

Dave Morgan, Tammy Anguish, Bryan Graham, Jenica Rogers, Justin Capen, Dustan Weidman, Jamie Finley, Kyle Egert, Laura Buchta, Ryan Staring, Zara Schmidt, Katie Dimon (so)

Space Requested: Elf Town 4 Tent Pod by the archery range (all 4)

Willing to occupy in winter months: yes till taken down, as soon as they are back up

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 33+

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 56+

Extenuating circumstances: Understand tents not available during winter months, will use unused cabin space if available or work out of heated sleeping space during the winter months.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: FedaButcher / Running Rhinos

Josh Sher, Dan,Niko Ocasio,Felix Sanchez, Nate, Kate S.

Space Requested: MapleWood Cabin ( 8 cabin or 2/4 Cabins close to the fighting area )

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 0

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 3+ years

Extenuating circumstances: No

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Ozwaindwel Vankeldin Sen Craftwalker Talas Scholarwalker, Owl & Ore and associated Merchants

Steve Guile, Rob Denney, Phil Braun, David Scherer, Josh Paro, Courtinie Forbes, Chirs Hicks, John Spencer, Dan Young, MK Benson, and add ons of people listed above. (New players, SOs, ect.)

Space Requested: Merchant Town Cabin: 2 8-man cabins

Encampment: Yes

Willing to occupy in winter months: Yes

Willing to keep mundane junk under bunks: Yes

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group:5

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 40+

Extenuating circumstances: All of us are either Merchants, or associated with Owl and Ore in some way. So, the plan ATM and why we are asking for both is... We will be using the 8 main as the Main store and living quarters/OOC Stocking for Spragg Snacks in the back part (Space Permitting). The second 8 man will become that Stocking area if the first 8 main is too cramped, And then also be used as a meeting/prep/utility room. I will be trying to have a spare table and would like to dress up the beds into a lounge area and "pit stop" for adventures going back into town proper. More or less, one will be the proper storefront amd the other will be shop Overflow and more recreational facilities.

*Post edited after taking more with People in the group and how best to allocate spaces*

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Ambrose\Sophia\Reaver\Oddfellows

Space Requested: maple wood 4man

Encampment: no, or at the least, light set dressing

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 10

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 19

Extenuating circumstances: we won't be using this as a primary encampment for PCs, but want to make it look like an elder's hut.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Atticus / Brave Companions

Dan M, Rachel G, James V, Kat C, Kerrie L, Pat L, Julia H, Scott T

Space Requested: Merchant Town Cabin ( 8 cabin near Ivan's 4-man)

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 18?

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 47 or so?

Extenuating circumstances: Filling in with SOs, plus BCs who have spotty attendance.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Tetsu Shimo No Kiba (Independent)

Space Requested: Anywhere is fine by me

Encampment: No (Worse comes to worse, I can set up a camp if need be.)

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 0

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 0 (3 months)

Extenuating circumstances: None.

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Wardens (Amanda Deerkop [Valora], Margaret Bechtel [baevynn], Rachel Garropy [Miria], Connor Palicastro [Rykir], and Patrick Lane [baldisere]) ADD-ON: Brian Loughlin [Teridan]

Space Requested: Maplewood Cabin (4)

Willing to occupy in winter months: yes (see extenuating circumstances)

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 2 years, 9 months

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: About 30 years.

Extenuating circumstances: Amanda will need to be indoors in climate control with access to showers due to random bumpiness. Maggie needs medical in the winter. Rachel and Pat will be sleeping elsewhere as significant others, leaving Brian, Connor, and sometimes Maggie to occupy the 4 bunks thusfar.

GoST: Zach W. (Octavious), Hanna W. (PC name ?), Rick S. (Dren), Camilla S. (Drea), Mike B. (Stan the Bard), Gabe (The Bun Wizard), Asian Dave C. (Ditoro), Phoenix (Phoenix), John H. (Raelen), Ryan Spires (Michael Burnhart)

Space Requested: 8-man Maplewood Cabin

Encampment: Yes

Willing to occupy in winter months: Yes

Willing to keep mundane junk under bunks: Yes

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 7 years

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 44 years

Extenuating circumstances: None

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Micah and company/ Independents (3 total)

Space Requested: Merchant Town Cabin (4)

Encampment: Will begin to work on this as we adjust to the new site.

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: 4+

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 25+

Extenuating circumstances: I'm a merchant and want to be in Merchant Town. We would like to be close to the Owl and Ore.

-----------------------------------------

McFathom Five

Space Requested: Merchant Town Cabin 8

TOTAL years as staff (Marshal or Second, or corporate officer) for entire group: Bryan Graham (3?)

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 20?

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: individual/william metott/ Johann Ridenhour

Space Requested: 1 tent

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 1

Two newbies in oct-nov and onward I hope.

Posting by Proxy

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Susan del Cano

Space Requested: Healers Hall

Encampment: no

TOTAL years attending KoN for entire group: 4

Extenuating circumstances: Pre stated Medical condition

Individual group party character name: Steve arnold (marcus arcturus maximus) ben (balder) damian Liske (jaroth shemus) Becca McIntyre (imdagnya) shane newsome (Tristam halacre) nick browne (arcturus valteri) trisha singh (cylindra valteri). Templar legion

Space requested: Maplewood cabin 8 person or 2 4 man tents next to each other.

Encampment:yes

Willing to keep junk under bunks: yes

Total years as staff for entire group:0

Total years attending KON for entire group: 25???

Extenuating circumstances: we would prefer to be in the cabin. Other then that none

Individual/Group/Character/Party Names: Amy DiLallo (Zariel; who isn't offically in game yet)

Space Requested: Logistics (might come to change when she's in game for a bit)

Encampment: No

TOTAL years attending KON: 1 1/2 years going on 2

Extenuating circumstances:

At this time, Land Grab is over.

There are no cabins remaining, but several tents, and plenty of indoor heated sleeping space downstairs in Logistics, and plenty of medical bunks as well.

Are the remaining tents first-come-first-serve on site?

I didn't want to grab anything as I'm just returning to the game after a long absence and while I would theoretically like to put up a dragon shrine and whatnot it's nothing that will be happening immediately and thus not a huge priority.

The remaining four tents, as well as the two small rooms in the Inn, are catch-as-catch-can. You get there first, they're yours for this event. If your group decides they want to permanently occupy one of the remaining tents after the October event, let Logistics know directly so they can account for that.