Sign in to follow this  
Edgar Felltree

Utillity kilts yeah or nope?

Considering garb for my first pc I am thinking delan forester/farmer who lost his land in the flood. Looking for simple utillitarian garb and this caught my eye. http://www.utkilts.com/ut-deluxe-dark-brown-modern-utility-kilt/ Something that someone working for a living would wear not your average murder rage delan

Edit: I guess what I mean is a non tartan kilt with pockets sugestions? Brown, dark navy, or maybe forest green. https://scottishkiltshop.com/utility-kilts-for-less.html

Ok perfectly reasonable Im just confused as to what details specificly to avoid. half the ones on your link look just like the one on the second link I put up. Not trying to be difficult just don't want to throw my money in a burn barrel and end with something I can't use.

It's the pockets mostly

And the zippers, and the buttons, and the nylon webbing.

That thing's better, I guess, but for what that damned thing costs you could buy three SportKilts, or one SportKilt and a nice belt with pouches and a harness.

What is it you're after here? Is it the solid colors? The pockets and pouches? The aesthetic of a kilt?

Here's a link to 1.10 Garb. I suggest giving that a read. The rules I will post below are from that page.

The problem(s) with basically any utility kilt are one, or more, of the following

• Cargo pockets on pants
  • Visible zippers (Zippers on the insides of boots are acceptable if not obvious)
  • Exposed modern webbing or straps

The largest issue with utility kilts are

• Clothing of obviously modern cut or materials

That said, I understand the look your going for. I will do some brainstorming and send you a PM. Perhaps together we can come up with something that both meets your vision and KoN rule requirements.

It was as an example of style I know it is as expensive as sin. I am not deadset just was looking for something between craftsman apron and kilt. Speaking of I could wear a blacksmith/battlefield surgeon apron over some armor and a kilt if that wouldnt look horrible.

Its mostly the comfort factor of a kilt. the breeze realy helps with chaffing lol. And they look a lot nicer than most of ye olde pantaloons I have seen. thank you both for the help.

I will do some brainstorming and send you a PM. Perhaps together we can come up with something that both meets your vision and KoN rule requirements.

Please don't do this via PMs. When you PM, there's no information available for the next new person who comes to the forums and searches for "acceptable kilts" or something. PMs should be used for sensitive subjects, secret in-game things, or information that would only be relevant and valuable to one person ever.

Based on what you have said above, it sounds like you want less of a kilt with an eye-catching pattern, and more of a solid color or plain in appearance. My suggestion is to look through the sport kilt link above and find something very basic. Such as this one,or something like this.

To give more of a utilitarian look to your character add a leather belt with some useful pouches such as a tool pouch. Another option would be to add a decent satchel. When it comes to selecting a weapon an ax ring and an ax designed is for work instead of fighting would be fitting as well.

On 9/10/2016 at 8:06 AM, hivemind said:

No. No Utilikilts. 100% modern invention. All of those things look glaringly modern.

If you need an easy kilt, try these: https://sportkilt.com/

Yeah you are right I do like sport kilt in case of easy and comfortable kilt