Jenica

Shift balance 2016!

It's time to make sure our shift balance is set in a way that works. tl;dr: One person from each party, and every independent, needs to fill out the survey at the link below, this week.

>> Click here for the survey <<

Explanation:

If we just let people choose when they want to PC, we end up with wickedly unbalanced shifts -- Friday nights where we have 20 PCs and 55 NPCs. The PCs get destroyed, and are super exhausted and kind of feeling beat up, and then when it's time for everyone to switch around, we have 55 PCs and 20 NPCs, and the GMs managing those NPCs can't put out enough plots to keep all the PCs entertained. And in the end, that's no fun for any of us. So to keep it fun, and keep it manageable, we do this. We run a survey, get your info, and the Logistics Marshal (me!) spends quality time with a spreadsheet and a white board, and works out a plan that looks like it's going to be balanced and fun.

Your information here is really important -- the better your answers, the better the schedule I can build. I need your info by next Wednesday, September 21.

My whiteboard and I thank you.

Done!

Name: Kate Dominguez

PC Character: Ellenor Vold

-Please ignore this post, I put my info in the survey- Thanks!

I am not sure why, but it made me do both independent and party.

Sorry about tech glitches -- must be how google interacts with your browsers. But! I will be doing this over the weekend. Get your last responses in ASAP.

gonna sound weird but I forgot how we get notified about our new shift. Is it when we show up or is there a post. I been looking like a hawk but still nothing.

HOld tight for another few hours...

UPDATE:

Bryan made a great shift balance with some significant changes, but then the Marshals realized there actually wasn't much point in making things even more disruptive right now.

So we will adjust shifts in 2017 as needed.

Plan to play an all PC shift on Friday night of October's event, and on Saturday PC/NPC in your usual pattern.

What about players that had planed to change parties and/or independents that joined parties for this balance? Are just not going to be able to party with who they were planning on or if you were joining a new party do they still have the option?

Man just do whatever the next two months and we'll sort that shit out after NNY. :)

Will there be some form of compensation for the players who are normally scheduled for 1st shift that will be missing out on a PC shift of loot and plots?