TheAuthorOfOZ

Magic Lock and Maplewood Tents

I was wondering since tents are now going to be a major part of our setting, both for PC encampments and NPC encounter areas, what the official ruling on Magic Lock is. Does Magic Lock seal a tent with closed flaps, or do those living in tents run the risk of anything walking in on them?

and does Magic Lock encompass the structure (ie, both doors) or do you have to cast two?

Magic Lock has always sealed all openings to a structure. You might have to put a flag on both doors in the new cabins though.

You always had to do this too, but it was less of an issue when the windows didn't open & there was only 1 door.

Magic Lock has always sealed all openings to a structure. You might have to put a flag on both doors in the new cabins though.

I would also like clarification on how many magic locks are needed because according to the wiki, you would have to cast it for every portal you want locked. It seems like there is a little confusion here.

Since we have played it so far that nobody had to magic lock the inn windows, I think one magic lock = one protected structure.

Since we have played it so far that nobody had to magic lock the inn windows, I think one magic lock = one protected structure.

I figured this is how it's always been. What I'm trying to find out is whether TENTS are a "structure."

When the Slatestones had a tent as their encampment the magic lock worked for the whole tent.

When the player run inn was in the barracks tent, we made a ruling that tents counted as a structure. Again, you need to mark both doors because if players don't see the flag on the side they are coming from, they will not assume it is magic locked.