Sign in to follow this  
Lady Vinyl

Um, gigantic field battle???

Okay, since you have all been super cool and made me comfortable, I am going to vomit out an idea. . . the Pinedaleans have been telling us (I mean my NPC townsfolk person) that they are there for our protection. . . I have also heard that there are certain Maplewoodians that might have been trying to disrupt./destroy/sabotage/discombobulate the Hellix. What would happen if the Hellix did slowly weaken. . . late Saturday night. . . and the Orc felt it fading and marched from the woods. . . while the Maplewoodians rounded up ALL the PCs because they've been talking about keep us safe (I mean keeping THEM safe). And Orc lurked on the edge of the field near logistics while they felt it fading, but that was as far as they could go. And across the field were all the heroes. An orange hatted GM MIGHT count down from five and when they hit zero the Hellix goes completely down and a FULL OUT, Everyone who wants to fight, FINAL BATTLE on the field. And those who don't want to fight get a clear view of the battle.

Lady Vinyl

P.S. I would definitely drum for such an event.

And, the event after that could start with the village really getting pissed at the PCs. The village elders could address the PCs demanding that they fix this mess that "they" created and they could go doing things to reactivate the Hellix. It would be a really good cause and effect of why the Hellix is different (and a good excuse to play around with how the Hellix works)