hivemind

Notice of Price Increase for 2017

The cost of a weekend event in 2017 will need to increase to $30.

The cost of the entire site is $1000 per night, so $2000 per event. At the current price of $25, that means we need 80 people just to break even. Breaking even isn't really an option. We have bills to pay and props to buy and coins to replace and we need potion bottles and makeup and propane and batteries and paper and a hundred other things every single month.

If we raise the price to $40 a weekend, we'd need only 50 people to break even. Five years ago I would have needed that to feel comfortable, but attendance has been consistently higher for the last few years. At $30 each we need 67 people to break even, and I feel that's reasonable.

What I need from everyone is this:

1. COME TO GAME EVERY MONTH YOU CAN! Even if you just daytrip in the cold months, please attend!

2. BRING YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR COWORKERS... EVERYONE! Our best advertising remains word-of-mouth.

3. BE AN AMBASSADOR! We need everyone to pitch the game to everyone they know! Show them the website, show them your weapons and gear, send them to the Facebook group, anything you can do to get them interested.

This is only the second price increase we've had in 13 years! No one is getting paid at KoN, we're all volunteers. Novitas is NOT a for-profit game; we need EVERYONE'S help to keep things affordable.

$30 is less than we had to pay if we were in a heater room at the old site.

I understand your worry. I'm going to continue to be there and I think a lot of us are. I know that, for Amy and I, $30 each is fine and we'll be going every month we can. It's already in my calendar and I am skipping a really fun thing to be at game in November. So, yeah, you folks are worth it!!!!

I am trying hard to convince people. I have two noobs who will be coming in november unless something happens.

This is VERY reasonable. We appreciate still keeping it affordable, especially with the commodity of always having the option to stay in a heated room close to a bathroom. That is SO important for me. Thanks for all the hard work and making it possible for all of us to enjoy game!

Even when my attendance is shoddy I still try to PayPal for signin. It helps KoN out and when I do show up it's a sweet sign-in picking up several month's worth of xp, coin, and production.

I think that 30$ is great. I have been to other LARP's that were not as well organized as this that cost twice that much and they were only one day. this is quite the bargain.