Sign in to follow this  
Lady Vinyl

Kitchen Use

So, I am intending to bring Apple Crisp for everyone at the next event. I was wondering if we have use of the kitchen oven and refrigerators in Logistics? I'm planning on bringing it already in the pan and sticking that in the fridge on friday night and then baking sometime on Saturday. Would this work? (and, yes, this is the gluten free snack)

Lady Vinyl

We do have full use of the kitchen in Logistics, with the expectation that we will wash all dishes, counter tops, etc and return everything to where we found it.

Speaking as Ops Marshal, the kitchen needs to be compulsively spotless immediately after you use it.

Speaking as Plot Marshal, please don't do this on your NPC shift. We need NPCs; the cooks are in the Jenny.

Sorry if I sound like Negative Nick here, I know you're just trying to do something nice for everyone.

My suggestion would be to volunteer for an Inn shift and cook it then, over in the Jenny, between other duties.

I've never heard of a Negative Nick before... is that like a Negative Nancy? tongue.gif

Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea - I know as an NPC I was NOT always interested in eating at the Jenny. I would run down and grab a snack out of my cooler (I have a small addiction to cheese-its). Having food available in Logistics during the NPC shifts, especially something warm and yummy during the colder months, sounds pretty freaking good. And I could imagine the folks running the shift would appreciate the goods.

Speaking as Ops Marshal, the kitchen needs to be compulsively spotless immediately after you use it.

Speaking as Plot Marshal, please don't do this on your NPC shift. We need NPCs; the cooks are in the Jenny.

Sorry if I sound like Negative Nick here, I know you're just trying to do something nice for everyone.

My suggestion would be to volunteer for an Inn shift and cook it then, over in the Jenny, between other duties.

Sounds like she is bringing it already prepped, so she just needs to throw it in the oven. It shouldn't really cut into NPC time. Also, the inn isn't preparing gluten free foods anymore, so Kerrie suggested that we could make our food in logistics and bring it to the inn for there to be something safe for us to eat on our PC shifts. What I did this month was just throw everything together in a crock pot when I woke up on Sat and started it cooking and stirred it once or twice during my Logistics shift. Then there was food for Lauren, Tammy, Katie, and myself in the inn for 3-4.

If she brings it prepped and ready to go into the oven, she could probably check with the inn staff and see if they will bake it for her, but I think her goal was to feed the NPC's in logistics.