Sign in to follow this  
Lady Vinyl

Pirates-ish

So, with the lake/pond/river/canal/water source on one side of the actual camp, what is to stop "water raiders" (ie pirates, just without pistols and cannnons) from attacking?

Lady Vinyl

Faster to walk around that little lake than it is to build a boat.

Well then, is the other side of the lake considered "in game"? Cause I'm just trying to provide a new idea for a "bad guy" NPC. You could easily call the it a river since it runs the length of the camp.

It's In-Game but not In-Play. We can see the ends of it, so it's not a river.

Interesting.

I think I have a small idea that may fit the theme of Pirates and still be logically feasible, what if you extended a bit of fantasy to make the concept work.

ie: What if there was a way to turn large -still- bodies of water into portals? Places like ponds,lakes, and pools where the water isn't running fast. Where with the aid of a mage or ancient tool the water source could be turned a doorway acorss the world. If a tool of such means fell into the hands of raiders it would make them nearly uncatchable.

Bandits and pirates serve the same role in story telling and world building . Thieves and murderers are all same . That being said , while they're are water peoples and ship folk and the like , we avoid pirates because in the world of novitas the water ways are all nearly too small or any naval combat . Plus if I say the word pirate I'm going to get 10 new players every year asking If buckeneer coats are okay .

Plus if I say the word pirate I'm going to get 10 new players every year asking If buckeneer coats are okay .

ppft XD

fair enough. Also that makes better sense to be avoided as any water fairing bandits best resource/ effect/ and tool is in fact their boat. Which would be very difficult to bring into play.