DreadPirateGyarroberts

Helix zone suggestions

Attached is a poorly mspainted Helix zone.

it frees up the entire water side for encounters, puts the righthand road into play( noone ever uses it even for safe travel), puts the fringe forests as encounter areas and allows for some field skirmishes

in addition the helix is quasi sentient, so can change its shape but not volume?

attached to a response below because... this forum hates me

I laughed at this far harder than I probably should have... laugh.gif

Your attachment doesn't seem to be... attached.

From what I understand, the area formerly marked as the parking area is now off limits. The ranger told us at CoK that he doesn't want people parking there and getting stuck in the mud and snow. Which means that we will need to use the road to the right of the map for parking. Nothing says that we can't also use those areas for game play, but it seems to me that the cars would make it less playable.

I like the idea, but I am going to HIGHLY suggest that anywhere that cars are supposed to be parked be at least Non-Combat Zones, if they are in play. I know I would not be happy when an arrow, or sword (or person) goes through my windshield. The open field that is east of the (now off limits) medical hut, is that part of Camp or is that privately owned?

Is that field behind the medical building even in play at the moment? I haven't seen a single person go over there. It would be really cool if it weren't protected by the Helix because it would be really useful for big group fights (orc hordes) instead of just fighting on trails over and over. Also maybe this isn't the place to ask but does the Helix currently extend as far Elftown? I had heard previously that it didn't but then I was speaking to a town Elder in game this event and he said that Elftown was protected so I was confused by that. Either way I think most of the people that I've talked to have agreed it would be great if the Helix didn't cover such a large area and your map seems to be a good suggestion. As it is now it covers a huge chunk of the playable area and really limits the space for encounters which just leads to everything being squished together and groups and plots getting tangled up. Opening up areas for encounters to the west, east and south of logistics (not sure if that map is oriented NSEW) would add a lot of variety because at present any encounter with any possibility of combat has to be to the north because that's the only area not covered by the Helix and there are only really two paths to get there.

Unless something has changed recently, Camp Hoover doesn't own the land on the other side of the camp's main road.