Sign in to follow this  
Colin

Question about Character Amnesty

I was wondering if there is any leeway at all with respect to character amnesties and when they can be used. I'm not asking for any special treatment I just wanted to know if there was any precedent for wiggle room with regard to new players/characters. I've only been to 2 events but since I PCed both times that would mean under the rules I couldn't change my skills. However, as I've become more familiar with the crafting and production skills and how cool that side of the game is I've realized I may have made a mistake in putting all of my skill points through level 10 into body and melee. Sure it's cool to swing for 4 but I've come to the conclusion it would probably be cooler to swing for 2 or 3 and be able to craft/produce something. Again, not asking for special treatment, just wondering if it's a hard and fast rule or one where some minor flexibility is allowed.

Sorry, it's a hard and fast rule. The only exceptions that get made would be for an actual physical problem, like you wanted to play a Faekin, but you're allergic to your colored contacts, or you're playing a race with prosthetics and found out that you're allergic to latex or adhesive.

The issue you're describing is fairly common. Lots of characters have skills they don't often use. This is the nice thing about our classless system: you're free to just get more levels and put those points into crafting and production skills. You can also leverage the many magical boosts available to help with those skills at low levels (you could get a dagger, for example, enchanted with a +2 Production Points buff).

Your other option is to retire this character and make a new one. You'll keep half your levels and loot, rounded up, for the new PC.

There is something to be said for acquiring these skills you want as part of your character's personal development. Having the character pick up a new hobby/profession/skill for in-game reasons can be a fun discovery.