Kender

NNY items

Here's what we were thinking.

Warning: items are completely subject to change!

REGULAR AUCTION:

1. Certificate of mage weave cloth.

Your clothing has been reinforced by enchanted materials making it resistant to weapon blows and yet still supple and comfortable. Effect: turns one normal garment (single piece, to be approved by Props and atmo) into 4 point normal (non monstrous) armor subject to all the normal armor rules (ie reparable ect)

2. Hand of glory

Necklace that you can slide 5 rings onto. You can use all these rings as though they were on your fingers (7 rings total). You may cast spells from these rings regardless of other items on your person. (Normally you can not benefit from 2 items which both cast the same spell)

3. Blue bag

currency gains 2d6% interest each game

4. Permanent grounding wire

(absorbs the first ALL darts that do magic damage that hit the wearer)

5. Certificate

to make any melee weapon a master staff or add a school to an existing staff

6. Eldritch gloves

+2 points of power g/d, breaks cap

+1 tag bag per ranged touch spell

Allows communication in any language to be understood if in physical contact with speaker.

All 5th level spells cast by the player cost 1 less power

7. Blackheart Greatsword

-elven steel

-reap spirit 3xGD no incant, must KB, no power cost

-can hold 1 extra spark in sword

-Master staff of necromancy

-For each reap spirit you cast from the sword, you get back one power point (breaks cap up to +3).

8. Chalice of Emminent Purity

-drinking from the cup casts synchronize and second breath 2/GD

-Increases owner's body +1 after drinking for GD (breaks cap)

-elven steel

9. True Master's Mark

Accessory Slot item. Enhances Master Items.

Double Master Strikes granted by Master's Blade (2 additional strikes)

Works for a SINGLE school. Must be a school supported by current Master Staff. Reduce power cost of spell levels 1-4 by an extra power point to minimum of 1. (Spells in Master Staff's tree now cost 1,1,1,2,4 respectively.)

Double the effect of Savant's Laboratory. (+10 Production instead of +5)

10. Founder's Blade

Elven Steel

Martial

Master's blade

When laid on the ground, creates a sanctuary effect until picked back up.

All races within the sanctuary may speak and understand eachother regardless of language.

All citizens of Maplewood can be healed if injured when inside the sanctuary and after touching the sword. After one minute of uninterrupted contact, the following effects are granted: Heal Body, Restore Limb, Purify Spirit, Heal Mortal Wound, Cure Disease (as a Theriac).

11. Bitter Mikado's Messenger

Goblin Iron Katana

Wielder is immune to Poison

Wielder is immune to Disease`

Hits for Disease

Grants +1 master's strike. This weapon is not a master's blade

12. Treeman Boots

$200 Gift certificate for custom boots

+4 natural armor

1/gd no incant dissipate

1/gd no incant banish

13. Inn room 1 + 2

We're gonna auction off the private use of the Inn side rooms!

For all of calendar year 2017, plus 2018's NNY event!

If bidding reaches $2000 total, both rooms are absolutely safe* Only the winner (and the people they name) are allowed to open the door from the outside.

If the bidding reaches $3000 total, the small bathroom will be reserved only for the room's use. Private Bathroom, Private Shower.

14. Necklace of memories -

can recast any spell you have cast in the past convergence for free, 2/GD

15. [VENDOR1] Gift Certificate $200 and 40 craft points

16. [VENDOR2] Gift Certificate $200 and 40 craft points

17. Scroll of 40 point item.

DIY Feb Feast Item.

CHINESE:

Item that makes you immune to disease

Superwand

Box o' loot

Mystery box!?!?!?!?

Scroll that adds +2 armor to existing armor

other goodies!

So question about the Katana. The immuities it gives you take priority but if I have my ritual that lets me have two immunities do they take one slot? Or if you have an item that lets you have multiple immunties do they only take one

Just to make sure, Chinese auction is similar (or the same as) buying a raffle ticket(s) and putting them in for which item you want and the one that is drawn is the one that wins the item? If that's not correct, then what is a Chinese auction??

So question about the Katana. The immuities it gives you take priority but if I have my ritual that lets me have two immunities do they take one slot? Or if you have an item that lets you have multiple immunties do they only take one

The "only one immunity at a time" rule means you can only have one of the following spells active at a time:

Poison Immunity

Mind Blank

Battle Mastery

Primal Form

This means that an item of "Nature Immunity" doesn't count, nor does an item that does "Immune to Fear" or "Immune to Disease"

Basically, if you're not sure, ask if the effect is one of these spells, or is it less than one of these spells?

For instance: Although confusing, the sword that makes you immune to poison DOESN'T protect you from Acid, so it's "less than" the spell Poison immunity, so it doesn't factor into the rule.

Just to make sure, Chinese auction is similar (or the same as) buying a raffle ticket(s) and putting them in for which item you want and the one that is drawn is the one that wins the item? If that's not correct, then what is a Chinese auction??

You got it!

1. Buy tickets

2. put half of ticket in bag for the item you want

3. ticket gets pulled and read

4. ???

5. Profit!

So is black heart a great weapon??

Questions: The properties of the items are transferable to a different prop correct? Could I buy the Treeman Boots and put the effect on my current boots and resell the gift certificate? Also could you explain the natural armor on the boots? Is it in addition to armor worn and how is it repaired/healed? Also does the necklace of memories apply to scrolls or only spells you can cast? Does the item crafted with the Scroll of 40 point item have to follow normal ornamenting rules/limits as far as addable effects go or can you add more powerful effects such as those available on the other auction items?

Additional dumb hypothetical question that would likely never happen but would be epic: Could the 15. [VENDOR1] Gift Certificate $200 and 40 craft points 16. [VENDOR2] Gift Certificate $200 and 40 craft points 17. Scroll of 40 point item. be used on the same item to create one 120 point item? and are they limited to specific slots? (one ring to rule them all)?

I know at past feast's with auction items, people had until April's event to pay of said item. But since this event is a month earlier than FF, and we also have more games at this site than the old site, would we still have until April to pay off Items, or would it be moved up?

I know that I am relatively new to Novitas, BUT I am going to HIGHLY suggest you leave it until April since many people will be bidding with tax refund money and MAY need until April to get the refund check in their hands.

Questions: The properties of the items are transferable to a different prop correct? Could I buy the Treeman Boots and put the effect on my current boots and resell the gift certificate? Also could you explain the natural armor on the boots? Is it in addition to armor worn and how is it repaired/healed? Also does the necklace of memories apply to scrolls or only spells you can cast? Does the item crafted with the Scroll of 40 point item have to follow normal ornamenting rules/limits as far as addable effects go or can you add more powerful effects such as those available on the other auction items?

Depends on your current boots, but probably no. NNY/Feb Feast items are "New".

Natural armor is in addition to worn armor, mend armor fixes it

Necklace is any spells you cast, scroll/item/power

40 points means it's an epic item. An example 40 point item could have two 5th level spells once per day

Does the grounding wire absorb 1 damage dart a gameday or all damage darts?

All damage darts, unless some combination of other effects makes you immune to literally all damage, which is explicitly forbidden

Additional dumb hypothetical question that would likely never happen but would be epic: Could the 15. [VENDOR1] Gift Certificate $200 and 40 craft points 16. [VENDOR2] Gift Certificate $200 and 40 craft points 17. Scroll of 40 point item. be used on the same item to create one 120 point item? and are they limited to specific slots? (one ring to rule them all)?

In theory you could combine them all into one 120 point item, but the prop would likely need to be suitable

I know at past feast's with auction items, people had until April's event to pay of said item. But since this event is a month earlier than FF, and we also have more games at this site than the old site, would we still have until April to pay off Items, or would it be moved up?

I know that I am relatively new to Novitas, BUT I am going to HIGHLY suggest you leave it until April since many people will be bidding with tax refund money and MAY need until April to get the refund check in their hands.

The problem here is: What do we do if your refund check isn't what you expected? What if, three months later, you decide you don't wanna pay? Then KoN is out hundreds of dollars in revenue and there's a half dozen disappointed nerds knocking at our door asking for a second chance.

Payments other than immediate and on-site have happened in the past, but are not the norm and will not be the norm.

That's completely understandable with stuff like that. I just want to know what month we need to have Items paid off by so, if I do get an item this year, I know how much to save in whatever span of time rolleyes.gif Thanks!

Depends on your current boots, but probably no. NNY/Feb Feast items are "New".

Natural armor is in addition to worn armor, mend armor fixes it

Necklace is any spells you cast, scroll/item/power

40 points means it's an epic item. An example 40 point item could have two 5th level spells once per day

Colin has almost new Sandlar's. He's had them for a few months.

We've always given people until the next event to pay for FF items. In the past, this was first weekend in April. As we now have year-round events, this is now first weekend in February.

So my thoughts, In the past i know Feb Feasts motto, kinda was give us your tax monies. Basically i'm just concerned that with less time to pay the dues and before tax season hits, people will have less money to bid with. Granted i am in no position to assume that. Again my concern is that with big ticket items like the inn rooms going up this year that in turn could fetch a good price may not go for as much due to the short pay period. Another thought, we do indeed have more winter game sessions, which are often low populated due to cold and snow. Again in no place to assume we would be out money, but my idea is perhaps give until march? Possibly have people at least pay half by February that way forbid someone not be able to pay (which i don't hear about happening often) game at least is not out the full amount owed. Again this is just a thought my main concern here being make as much money for a great cause as we can.

So my thoughts, In the past i know Feb Feasts motto, kinda was give us your tax monies.

It was never this. It just kind of worked out that way.

Are the immunities granted by the Katana only conferred while wielding it/holding it? Or is having it sheathed or otherwise on your person enough?

I thought I saw a post earlier that mentioned we would have until the April event because of the tax returns.

Can you find a link?

Are the immunities granted by the Katana only conferred while wielding it/holding it? Or is having it sheathed or otherwise on your person enough?

let's say wielding it or having it secure on your person

Can mage weave be applied to an already enchanted piece of garb?

Sure

If the owner of the founders blade is not a citizen of maple wood can they still be healed by touching the sword?

No

Do the eldritch glove create a tag bag for second breath and ley lines?

Can you cast spellburst and use this effect?

No, it's an extra dart to dart spells

Sure you can spellburst with it

If the owner of the founders blade is not a citizen of maple wood can they still be healed by touching the sword?

Spoiler: the first half of this year will see the first adventurers become citizens. The owner of this sword miiiight be a little fast-tracked.