Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Staring

Best of Novitas New Year

How did everyone enjoy NNY? Even though it was cold out, I saw a lot of people out there having a blast! What made this event special for YOU?

Private room in the inn, and eating for free.

Living the dream.

Before and after elf wedding was a blast! Elf wedding itself was nice,even though I almost changed it...whoops! Human groupies for the elves were hilarious with there "vitality" tattoos in elvish, trying to convince Arbor that it didn't actually say vitality but said soup was a bit difficult. Arbor Teaching the humans that things meant this or that "the elf way" like saying Hi by waving your hands up and down and making a weird noise. Then having them go up to different elves and doing that in their face was hilarious. And we only felt a little bad.

Introducing Oozifer, Squishy's brethren to clean up the dead of Maplewood. Complete with amazing, disgusting sound effects!

Amazing Vindaloo at the Jenny!

Eavesdropping on the funniest in character conversations I've ever heard.

Getting an amazing leather waist corset from Susie & Phil and getting sized by MK for a real winter coat.

+Loved the Terran fighter group plot. Good roleplay moment and battle moment when they converged with (another) random bandit group.

+The final battle on second shift was intense and a good plot point.

Having the RHinos pay their "debts" in full.

Having human PCs tatoo themselves with the Elven word for "Soup"

OOOOOOoooook.This explains why Dan kept telling me my tattoo was of soup before dinner. I was SO confused.

Honestly, the conversations during the party. You are some pretty freaking hot damn amazing people who need to continue to let your awesomeness shine through!!!!!

Rituals are awesome! PCing Saturday morning for the first time in forever was amazing. I was really struggling to play my PC on shifts where there was next to nothing to fight. Felt good to really feel like a bad ass tribeswoman again. The water elemental fight at the end was a blast.

- Wearing brand new shiny garb from MK.

- Trying to negotiate with the Terran fanatics.

- Not recognizing Maggie in her new barbarian getup and having it dawn on me later.

- Al and Jamie dropping in for the party.

- Watching people I have brought to this game make new friends and have an absolute blast.

Definitely a few highlights for me!

-Getting to be an angry, ANGRY Piscean leading an army of badass elementals to wipe out the adventurers of Pinedale was awesome. Always fun to play a boss monster NPC!

-Watching Marcus and Jaroth nearly gamble away everything the Templar Legion had.

-Being wandering bandits and getting to gank a lone PC guarding an ooze. Always nice to hear a PC scream for help >:)

-getting to test out my new sword out on a a bandit.

Thinking I was going to get pc'd after my first fight as Atlas. I was like "well shit, this is unfortunate." literally got up and started walking back to logistics before Pat told me to go lay back down in the pit.

Classifying the elves.

Everyone and their grandmothers telling me that I should write in blood.

Free drinks=major hangover

Challenging the annoying dellins.

Naming Fred.

Playing an inquisitor. Fun times

"I will not make a character with second breath, I will NOT make a character with second breath! OOO nice cup XD"

-NPCing Ith's mother's handmaiden at his wedding.

-NPCing elf groupies trying to get an invite to the wedding. Arbor's banana hat and soup tattoo were highlights.

-RPing with Rykir/Ellenor's sleeping powder addiction, especially fighting Rykir in the field and overdosing at the inn and passing out at a table of NPCs.

-Getting knocked out by Terrans who stole the necklace Ellenor wears that was a gift from Richard the Bard (RIP)

-Sneakily selling Micah a gem in/near the Jenny, then later having deputized Micah check in on Rykir helping a barely conscious Ellenor back to the Rhino cabin and Micah wishing Rykir well and not being suspicious of anything untoward (?!) (Connor, you must just have a terribly trustworthy looking face, don't ever go into a life of crime :) )

-Sketchy adventures with Kato, Odric, and Sorien

Party

-Silly DnD

-Singing Irish songs

-Blog award, thanks you guys

Hehehe trying to look like an intimidating Thae against Leon as innkeeper lolol

Being s charmed Thae was interesting :)

Gems gems mroar gems

Tess, djinni, elf etc :)

NNY shenanigans ?

As far as NPC roles I absolutely loved being a myconid druggie alcoholic and a super sketchy tattoo artist doing elven symbols for soup. Lol

As far as character development I loved building my shrine to Oz can't wait to see where that leads lol. Then those damned fools who thought they could threaten my all knowing master by magic locking his shop had to be put down but Cato saved them with his honour duel.

After party was fun I enjoyed DMing for drunk D&D at "quiet cabin" :P

The highlight of my weekend besides seeing all my friends was winning the item I really wanted from Chinese auction. Time to start practicing slapping magic spackets

Definitely a few highlights for me!

-Getting to be an angry, ANGRY Piscean leading an army of badass elementals to wipe out the adventurers of Pinedale was awesome. Always fun to play a boss monster NPC!

-Watching Marcus and Jaroth nearly gamble away everything the Templar Legion had.

-Being wandering bandits and getting to gank a lone PC guarding an ooze. Always nice to hear a PC scream for help >smile.gif

-getting to test out my new sword out on a a bandit.

Yeah - my PC guards all ran off except for one!