Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Staring

Best of February

How was everyone's event? What did you think about our first full winter event of 2017? I wanna hear it all!

Everything was great, granted the main road was slippery as hell, but that didn't stop Sorien and Zariel from having fun with that.

I was kinda happy that one of the main elf groupies came back, we wanted to teach them the "great forest, elf way to eat" and went past the helix to show them, but then dissipated when they went to say Hi the "elf way" to someone, and when they came back and past us, we all ran away and left them as fast as we could.

So much mischief, it was so much fun, I got to bond more with the elves it was great.

Amazing event

Nothing beats laying dead for 1 1/2 hours in snow lol blasts

Honestly the best times I had were PC-to-PC interactions.

+Loved catered gambling and getting to bond with Titus more as Valora, learning more about PCs during an intense game of Truth or Truth.

+Dying to a bajillion orcs, popping second breath, holding in Terridan's guts, and then having to run away to get help.

+Crying over Valora's sensitivity about children, and then later about Oscar being dead. Time for a head tune-up!

Honestly, there was a ton of great things. however, I'm going to mention the most surprising thing. . . I played, for the first time in twenty years, my high school cadence. THAT was awesome to me.

The second day was pretty great from start to finish! I was able to cry as both PC and NPC. It was my second time as Ashina, and she made a lot of new friends but had a very long day. The NPC plots 4th shift was on the mark!

Ten good things off the top of my head:

-Scene with the guy in silver and green who cheered up my goblin after she was thoroughly dismembered by orcs.

- 2nd shift morning inn interactions. Mercy and the knitting lady and the white-haired faekin guy especially.

-Scarecrows at the inn.

-The twigblight plot broke my heart and felt very atmospheric! Props to you, tragic treeman!

-I loved the boggart. Really good voice work, made funny plot funnier and horror plot more complex and creepy!

-The ghosts that I couldn't see in character, you were creepy and persistent!

-Inquisitor NPCS had me fooled, and then scared. < 3

-Agreeing to play child NPC, becoming the kid torture victim in the horror plot with faeries.

- Interactions with Gershian noble NPC was unsettling in a good way

- As a gravespawn, actually hit a PC with a sword.

Things I loved:

The scenery! Winter is beautiful!

Being catered fancy food (Thank Titus)

Seeing the snow goblins looking hot.

Realizing something else scares Micah (Constables)

Flexing Micah's power

Working the Inn on shift 4 was awesome. I missed doing that and I am excited to do it in the future.

All of the new/er people make the game feel whole because of all of the variety they bring. (Bring more people to get more free levels!)

The weather was a lot better than last time.

The Owl and Ore back open and dealing with some unwanted guests. Then Terriaden saying he had a whole plan in his mind of how to deal with him. (I wish I could read minds, oops)

Taking a nap in front of the fire place.

The less fun:

The road was ice.

Someone moved my candle from my encampment so I had to track it down.

Constables dropping the hammer on Kyle's PC (Lame sauce)

Watching 3 groups, from a GM perspective, point fingers about essentially final resting an NPC citizen.

Being Spragg uneasily awaiting an unwanted guest... who was then visited by a way more unwanted guest... a Gershian NOble who compelled me... until Titus mind blanked me... he Decision to murder in public v Corporate interests.... Corporate interests won out.

Searching town for a serial killer because the ghost wouldn't stop screaming, and I was the only medium in sight>.<

Getting drunk to get over being compelled by the nobility, and telling people really creepy personal stuff about Spragg whenever they were topically appropriate.

Drunk Spragg fueling an argument between Bon and the Rhinos with the gift of Truth Serum.

I had a ton of fun, even if I managed to sleep through most of 3rd shift!!! (I took ibuprofen and laid down to relieve pain in my back and woke up like 4 hours later. Scared the crap out of a bunch of people who didn't realize I was under the mound of blankets!)

Trying to run in the snow, in the cold, and being a roly-poly kinda girl = not a good mix. BUT... I was properly out of breath/distressed/nigh on hysterical by the time I went bursting through the inn door shrieking about yetis and babies.

Also - playing ghosts is actually a lot of fun. I was a mother (again) distressed about her baby (again).... The plot worked out backwards, but the look on the PC's faces when they realized they were carrying around a dead baby was priceless.

Playing Elsa (NPC citizen) was cute and fun... Reginald (super tall Ben) and I had fun in the Jenny on 4th shift. Not too many PCs were there, but it was still fun!

Big big props to Connor for being a cranky poltergeist! It took soo much effort and time to convince him to move on!! And dodging the darts the whole time-phew! Just when I thought he was going to strike me down a mere few feet away...*poof* he accepted the Well and disappeared! Well played!

Truth Dice was lots of fun (even if I highly distrust humans and call them out repeatedly ;) )

Being yelled at by Felix as Butcher is an all-time favorite past time, with no let downs this event :)

Speaking of Felix....opening his grandmother's coffin, seeing his face and hearing his disapproving NPC scold Thaerion - I had to try soooo hard not to break out in complete laughter.

Thae (upon opening an empty coffin): "What was your grandmothers name again?"

Felix's NPC: "Anda!"

Thae (as she points into the coffin) "Anda there's a-nothing here!!" :D

Inquisitor chase was fun!! So. Much. Walking. With. So. Much. Snow.

Being warm is always nice. Hurray for woodstove in Jenny and grill area in Merchant Town!! Thank you all you Fire Keepers!!

I loved every part of game and had no let downs-except walking through So. Much. Snow! - It's hard when you're short and carry 8 weapons! ;)