Sign in to follow this  
Incogneato

Question about Light Tubes

I'm not an authority on this kind of thing, but this seems an awful lot like our Shield lanturn issue that we had a few years ago.

For some extra clarification and so that the rules people don't have to do too much research into the item:

It's a simple LED (exactly like the Maglite solitaire) that is pointed into a chunk of crystal (not plastic, etc)

please and thank you

I also have another, semi-related question-

If I were to get this, or something similar, would I be allowed to "pour" my potion contents into these vials instead? (read: take the papers out of the KoN vials and replace them in these until they are used)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/120353505/the-alchemists-bracer?ref=related-6

I also have another, semi-related question-

If I were to get this, or something similar, would I be allowed to "pour" my potion contents into these vials instead? (read: take the papers out of the KoN vials and replace them in these until they are used)

https://www.etsy.com...r?ref=related-6

I can't imagine this would be an issue.

We don't care what kinda bottles your potions are in, so long as there's a paper tag in them. I don't even care if you wanna use tiny bottles and print your tags in 8-point font and trim off all extra paper.

That light bracer thing... it's a little too steampunky for me. It also might be too directed. There is an intention with the limitations we have on light tubes that they not be able to be used "offensively", that is, you can't be able to blind your opponent at night. Carrying a light should be a trade-off between seeing what's around you versus losing your night vision. Things like lights strapped to or mounted in shields, excessively masked bright lanterns (to create a "bulleye" lantern effect), or flashlights more powerful than a single LED all are likely to fall afoul of the intention of the limitations.

All I can say is get it, and we'll see. Might be it can be altered slightly to fix it, if it's no good.

$40 for pleather, though.... :(

In general a maglight solitare are with an led bulb will usually fail for being too bright. If you can find a replacement incandescent bulb for it it should be fine for brightness. You'll still have to cover or paint the solitare itself as well.

In general a maglight solitare are with an led bulb will usually fail for being too bright. If you can find a replacement incandescent bulb for it it should be fine for brightness. You'll still have to cover or paint the solitare itself as well.

Ah, the wiki says that light tunes are specifically maglite solitaires :/

That was when they were incandescent bulbs. My go-to these days is a simple squeeze-switch LED keychain light: https://www.amazon.com/Finware-Keychain-Flashlight-Batteries-Included/dp/B01GVJFBUW

These have no reflector behind them, like a Maglite does, so they're not as directed and bright, and they're tiny enough that you don't really need to do much to disguise them.

We don't care what kinda bottles your potions are in, so long as there's a paper tag in them. I don't even care if you wanna use tiny bottles and print your tags in 8-point font and trim off all extra paper.

That light bracer thing... it's a little too steampunky for me. It also might be too directed. There is an intention with the limitations we have on light tubes that they not be able to be used "offensively", that is, you can't be able to blind your opponent at night. Carrying a light should be a trade-off between seeing what's around you versus losing your night vision. Things like lights strapped to or mounted in shields, excessively masked bright lanterns (to create a "bulleye" lantern effect), or flashlights more powerful than a single LED all are likely to fall afoul of the intention of the limitations.

All I can say is get it, and we'll see. Might be it can be altered slightly to fix it, if it's no good.

$40 for pleather, though.... sad.gif

So, she does it in regular leather for $60. I'm considering getting it, but I was wondering if it were possible to get a little more clarification as to whether or not it would be OK. I get that it might look a wee bit steampunky. She does custom tooling, so I might get some sept stars put on there to abate that a bit.

I've seen large blue or green glow stick in game a number of times. Are those allowed? Because I can't see how this would look much more anachronistic.

I've attached a photo of one she did in real leather. it's very similar to what I would probably get, except with dull orange thread to match the sweet new tunic MK is making me. (might go for a normal warm leather tone instead too. Opinions are welcome on that, ha)

Not trying to push any kind of issue, btw. Just mining for more of how people feel before I make a move towards buying a thing. Would love more input from people.

It's probably fine, but we can't say for sure until we see it in person.