Sign in to follow this  
Lady Vinyl

Dates

So, with the creation of the corkboard at Owl and Ore and the ability to hang posters without messing up actual camp buildings, I have a question about how time and dates are known in Novitas. Do we use our modern equivalents? Or do we have other methods and/or names for months and days? Here's an example, if I were to put up posters about a possible "talent show" happening at our May event. Would I actually write the poster showing that it occurs on May 6th at 6:00 PM? Or is there other terms for the month and times?

The months and days are the same. For example, today is February 25, 1596NL. The time is also the same, but we sort of base everything around convergence. So, you'd say "May 6th 1596NL at the evening convergence." That's why if you ask someone the time in game and it's five o'clock, let's say, they'd say "It's an hour to convergence."

Sometimes people will also colloquially use the phrase "when the key lines cross" to refer to the next convergence. :)

Yeah. Oz uses "Ley Lines Pulse" but it all equates to the same thing. I just personally like the sound of it compared to Convergence.