TheSilentOne

Cold-Ironwood???

I’ve been working on a character from Redbark in the GreatForest. I have a very basic black staff that I built my self following the ruleson weapons. I would like to know if Cold-Ironwood, only found in Redbark, is a specialcommodity that has to be crafted? If not can I claim that my staff is made ofthis material?

You're free to call it whatever you want, but it will not have any special in-game properties. Expect other characters to listen to your description, then say, "So it's just wood?"

Would it be prudent to say that it would be treated as a collectible U.S. coin; A collector would know the true value of "this reverse- minted 1937 Wheat Penny", but for all intents and purposes it would still be worth only $0.01?

Thank you guys!

It would just represent a family heirlume passed down through the ages. My character will be that of the Faekin race carrying hisfamily’s staff. I figured I’d get asked why I have a black staff and for immersionpurposes I wanted to be able to give a good logical backstory. I thought it wouldgo something like this…

The black staff, (I’ll give it a name at some point)was created from a fallen Cold-Ironwood tree representing the mixing of the bloodlinein the wood elf. Even though we are no longer true Wood Elf, we as Faekin will standstrong and carry on. The presenting of this staff was not that of a shame fullact, but that of new beginnings. Even though we may look different and find newways to accomplish our goals we will always be accepted by the Wood Elves.

What do you think?

I think you're gonna discard that staff as soon as you find a magic weapon.

This is a complete aside and someone officially please correct me if I'm out of line:

I'm thinking you don't quite understand the way that Faekin work in our game based on some of the things you're saying. You need to think of it like a recessive genetic thing. It's something that runs in your bloodline, but doesn't always manifest. Think of it like if red hair runs in your family - not everyone in your family is a redhead, but every once in a while someone's a ginger. It also doesn't change your "base race", so you would still be a Wood Elf. That said, I like the flavor you're trying to add, it just needs to fit in the world as it's been established.

MKW - I totally see what you’re getting at, and maybe it’smy fault for not clarifying. I do understand the fact that a Faekin is a recessivegene and rarely shows. My great, great, great, and so on, grandmother wastricked into becoming seduced by a dark fae creature. She felt ashamed for theact, (bio still in progress). This was a gift to the family and there futuregenerations as a symbol of strength and unity with the elven people, when thegene shows up. Do to the fact that some races show no acceptance of Faekin.

Hivemind – And yes there is always that potential of acquiringa magical item. But hey, we’ll cross that road when it comes lol.wink.gif

Is that better or does that sound stupid and have no real connectionto things? I’m honestly not try to be difficult, if I’m coming off that way,just trying to think outside the box.

MKW - I totally see what you're getting at, and maybe it'smy fault for not clarifying. I do understand the fact that a Faekin is a recessivegene and rarely shows. My great, great, great, and so on, grandmother wastricked into becoming seduced by a dark fae creature. She felt ashamed for theact, (bio still in progress). This was a gift to the family and there futuregenerations as a symbol of strength and unity with the elven people, when thegene shows up. Do to the fact that some races show no acceptance of Faekin.

Hivemind – And yes there is always that potential of acquiringa magical item. But hey, we'll cross that road when it comes lol.wink.gif

Is that better or does that sound stupid and have no real connectionto things? I'm honestly not try to be difficult, if I'm coming off that way,just trying to think outside the box.

I'm sure that Plot will tell you if there's any problems with your backstory when you submit it. I just wanted to make sure that you knew how Faekin work in Novitas to save you some possible headache later on. smile.gif

I'm sure that Plot will tell you if there's any problems with your backstory when you submit it. I just wanted to make sure that you knew how Faekin work in Novitas to save you some possible headache later on. smile.gif

Thank you very much for your input biggrin.gif. I welcome it with arms wide open. I’d rather be told I’m wrong then to run into an embarrassingsituationhuh.gifrolleyes.gif.