Sign in to follow this  
NoMereButterfly

Best of March 2017

Post up your best moments!

+Thank you for my excellent NPCs at the beginning on 1st shift. There were so few of you but you really worked hard for me and I appreciate that a lot.

+Always love seeing PCs care after buzzers. Haven't played one in a while.

+The incomparable Ilene. Marcos, you're one of a kind.

+Potentially saving a bandit from poor life choices. Smart playing, Jordan.

+The bandit kick-the-can fight, despite the ninja-looting of the loot box.

+Owl and Ore fire. Most necessary.

+Meeting all of the new characters!

+The telling off Kato got for making a smart-ass remark about Valora's honor.

+Undead fight at the end of the night, despite getting punked by Kyle's necromancer.

Let me see, the most memorable moments from this weekend were

> Playing as a Twig Blight mourning the loss of my Dryad (Had to nearly lose my voice from screaming so long) and watching a stinging nettle bean someone's helmet on accident. That one will be a funny memory for me.

> Going out as an Enderkent and struggling to see where I was going. (Great job to my team for enduring the cold and managing to all get to our ambush site unharmed and no tripping.

> Playing my Goblin and meeting one of the Cloudbank brothers. It was fun traveling with him for a time and just enjoying the chat with a human as I was his quasi-bodyguard until he could meet up with his group.

> Watching the werewolves pause for a moment when I roared back at them before the fight broke out. (My number one favorite moment by the way)

> Being asked to deal with bandits that erupted into a giant fight. Had a fun fight against a two weapon using NPC which was a fun exchange of hits and blocks.

> The look on some people's face when my Snow Gobin was so worked up that he started his hyena laugh and getting close to the corpse's face as he watched the light fade from their eyes to make sure he had killed them.

> Having Tea with my fellow Gershan and Oz (Auto correct kept trying to change Gershan to German lol) Even offering tea to one of the Druids and their faekin elf friend...for the most part, it was fun enjoying tea with people and having pleasant conversations with them IC

> Spending time around the campfire in merchant town as everyone gathered. It was a nice non combat RP to be a part of

I'm excited to see how the pictures all turned out from this weekend.

++ "Why is your name Potato?"

++ Whispering in Kate's NPC's ear

++ The Inn is great. Period.

++ Einar's cart

++ Torches, and Inn curtains.

Super fun first event! A little cold though wink.gif (wool blanket = life saver!)

• Being a drunken inn patron for my first NPC role and not knowing what to do when magically cured of inebriation. Gotta be on my toes! Thought I improvised okay.
  • Almost getting attacked by PCs and a group of troll (?) NPCs after some prompting by the players. I think one was called fart.
  • Being an iron golem twice during the event! First time we were mostly defeated by the fact a roguish player stole the box we were guarding behind our backs.The second time was particularly fun when opportunistic wraiths attacked the group of PCs we were fighting.
  • Getting into character when playing the slave NPC Hilda: an emotional, sobbing wreck. "Why are you still crying, we're free!" "I'm just so happy!" Was nice that a PC took the time to reassure me that things would be safe in Maplewood. Ended up actually tearing up thanks to smoke from the fire but I just played that off as more sobbing.
  • "Hooking" with a friend for the first time and trying to convince adventurers to help with some skeevers. We justified it with us needing to reach some "winterberries" (which can only be picked at night in winter for the best wine). Enjoyed that a PC warned us to watch out for yellow spots on the berries as blight had been appearing. It's nice that the ongoing plot was at least brought up.
  • Going out alone as a vampire plot hook and begging people to avenge my family. Got really nervous walking into a cabin as I hadn't been in one before. So crowded! And then while I was waiting for the PCs to collect their reward from me... 2 damage 2 damage 2 damage! Wraiths attacked me and the group. Totally didn't hear them and scared me half to death! But the PCs were nice enough to heal me up. "This place is messed up. I'm leaving."
  • Super Undead Battle - It was great to die and not just be done with a fight (as I am not great at combat I'm often taken out quick). The slips from the snow made the Benny Hill song play in my head. I managed to slide and slash at someone's leg (was surprised when she screamed!)
  • Most of all - how really supportive and kind everyone was. This was my first time LARPing and I had such high hopes for Novitas. You guys surpassed all my expectations by being extremely welcoming and so well set up! It was like walking into a play production in Logistics. I was happy to meet some of the people I've been talking with/reading about on the forums. I'll take all the great advice I was given during my play time and put it to good use for when I return in April with my PC!

Kat/Provolonely - That was possibly me screaming in the last battle. You suprised me!

Dave H. - You are hilarious. I just about died laughing with the things Ivan said to the scribe. And then I literally dropped to the ground in shock in logistics (there were witnesses) when Connor said, "Now, you know you'll have to go back out on Saturday and follow up on that plot." It was lucky for "Saturday" the scribe that Ivan wasn't around when she came back on second shift. ;)

My favorite moments:

NPC:

-Playing a lying thief who almost escaped, but was caught by Maggie's constable.

-Being the scribe who wrote Sorien's letter to Beryl about keeping their marriage a secret. Spelling her name wrong and making it mushy to annoy Beryl was great. Everything Ivan said all evening made me dissolve into giggles.

-Being the Crimson Courier who delivered Beryl's letter to Thae because Beryl was nowhere to be found (whoops!)

PC:

Everything was great! Too much to mention it all.

-Rykir's letter and Baevynn's letter to Ellenor. Thank you Connor and Maggie!

-The Rhino loyalty oath and RP with the Rhinos, especially the new recruits. Butcher was great, as always.

-Signing a contract to become Sorien's apprentice to learn sketchy skills.

-Drinking Bonn's 50/50 chance magical drink to get improved magic armor, but then being charmed to the first person I saw, which was Beryl.

-Giving a dissipate potion to one of the Inquisitors before the fight with them, saying, "Stop it. I'm trying to help." And telling Laura's Lord Inquisitor that I knew Lord Inquisitor Rousseau before it became clear that I couldn't save her. Rykir interrogating her as V pulled me away. My "I want to stay and help," totally left for misinterpretation.

-RP moments about Vlean with Baldiserie

-Tea with Kiba the snow goblin, who was partly inspiring and partly super harsh ("This man who was dear to me died in a fire in Pinedale." / "Well, if you look at the positive, burned nerve endings don't feel pain anymore." Lol.)

-Conversations with Daitoro

-Sorien's lessons about outsourcing dirty jobs and looking where everyone else isn't

-Dave H's constable singing Black Velvet Band when we were alone in the inn. My heart actually hurt thinking of Richard the bard. I didn't cry, but I had the feels.

-RP at the end of the night with Rykir. Now I know he killed my love interest's brother and he's on the side of the Faekin in Vlean. And he knows I'm involved (romantically? professionally?) with an Inquisitor. Bum bum bummmmm!

Goodness gracious, I love all you guys. You're all amazing. I had a fantastic event. Thanks for making it awesome despite the cold!

Hands down best moment was the look on the face of the two Inn keepers when they found out that the pants and boots they took as payment for food were from a 12 and a half year old and 14 year old!!!!!!

Let the record show I said that was a bad idea. That was all the other innkeeper and the constable.

Let the record show that all "child" NPCs should need to OOG announce that they are such. :/

^ So that they get flirted with less and Daitoro doesn't feel so awful about yelling at children. ;)

We, IN CHARACTER, stated we were 12.5 and fourteen, not our fault certain people weren't listening. *giggle* (and for those who weren't there, we had long NON-see through dresses on)

That's fine that you had left, I sorta got you to sing! ;-) (trust me, I enjoy telling that part of the story too!)

Ummm.....yeah...(to the above posts.

Pros

Shout out to the new group who fought all of the encounters after 3/4 of the all teamed up at once on them. Then we got them healed and they hunted a Yeti not nothing happened!

Beryl showing me the letter that what's his name wrote to her.

Everyone going out over and over again without complaining!

The Bandit fight was awesome! I loved how Amanda's character gave me a second chance even though it made everyone feel really uncomfortable.

J.C.'s cart is amazing!

Owl and Ore: Warm place, people came to visit, in the center of all of the action.

Seeing Ben (Guy from Brian L. neck of the woods) cast every single spell like he was pulling the power down from the heavens and bestowing it on others to protect them.

Watching new groups handle battles.

Kyle E.'s Axe is sweet!

Cons

I think the tip of my nose got a little frost bit from the troll mask condensation.

Forgetting I had shadow skin cast on me until after I cast a few spells.