Sign in to follow this  
Warblade

Fight Practice

Hey there everyone,

I was thinking about starting a weekly gathering (saturdays) here in Watertown and wanted to know if anyone might be up for combat training and hanging out afterwards.

This will be rough weekly as I frequently have my weekends booked with other activities but this may be a "build it and they will come" thing. I might be able to make it up one of these weekends.

For me, I love the combat aspect of the game and I know some others do too, but they don't really have much of a chance to practice or get to where they are comfortable with their weapon. So some may want to do the combat, others might just want to hang out and keep in touch with others from KON in the down time. Plus, everyone can order pizzas afterwards or go have a meal together at the end.

You might want to talk to these folks:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wyntersett/

http://www.wyntersetthome.org/

And see when their fighter practices are. I would also suggest that you might get more KoN-crossover mileage out of a fencing or cut-and-thrust practice than fighting SCA heavy.

EDIT: Looks like they have active practices on Sunday afternoons. These are generally free, you should go check it out. Some fite better than no fite.

EDIT EDIT: Don't forget to wear a cup.

Hey. Just FYI, I run fighter practices throughout the warm season in Liverpool. We will start up as soon as the weather get's above freezing and usually go until daylight savings time.

We practice at Lake Onondaga park. Wegmans landing, across the street from Heids Hotdogs.

We use Dagorhir rules and Dagorhir weapons. It's simpler and the weapons/shields stand up to a lot of abuse (don't use latex weapons for practice, you will just wear them out). I'll also say that in my experience weekend days for practice result in unsteady attendance from players. I'm almost always busy on weekend, which is why I run them myself on a week day.

You might want to talk to these folks:

https://www.facebook...ups/Wyntersett/

http://www.wyntersetthome.org/

And see when their fighter practices are. I would also suggest that you might get more KoN-crossover mileage out of a fencing or cut-and-thrust practice than fighting SCA heavy.

EDIT: Looks like they have active practices on Sunday afternoons. These are generally free, you should go check it out. Some fite better than no fite.

EDIT EDIT: Don't forget to wear a cup.

Oh, I've been to that before and have a buddy who does it regularly.

That kind of meet up might not be what I'd be intending for due to the level of protection required and using those types of weapons.

I'm just offering a meet up, sparring session, and all grabbing a bite to eat afterwards. I know it will most likely not get anyone from Rochester, but for people in nearby Watertown or one of the nearby cities, it might be fun.

Fully agree on the cup suggestion, just glad when i went, they avoided that area.

Hey. Just FYI, I run fighter practices throughout the warm season in Liverpool. We will start up as soon as the weather get's above freezing and usually go until daylight savings time.

We practice at Lake Onondaga park. Wegmans landing, across the street from Heids Hotdogs.

We use Dagorhir rules and Dagorhir weapons. It's simpler and the weapons/shields stand up to a lot of abuse (don't use latex weapons for practice, you will just wear them out). I'll also say that in my experience weekend days for practice result in unsteady attendance from players. I'm almost always busy on weekend, which is why I run them myself on a week day.

I'd love to go to yours if you'd have me. It'd be fun.

It's free and open to all. No equipment or knowledge required. :)

It's free and open to all. No equipment or knowledge required. smile.gif

By all means, if I can get mine off the ground, please come to it as well, if not for the fighting then for the movies and pizza afterwards.

Rochester is too far away or I'd be sorely tempted. :'(

I wonder what happened in this practice meetup.