Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

CURRENT BUILDING OCCUPANCY & WAITING LIST

The way we have allocated in-game space in Maplewood sucks for new players and makes them feel unwelcome or uncertain. While we say this is the case, "First Come, First Served" has effectively NEVER been how we actually determine who is using what space. It's also clear now, after our first full winter of weekend events, that hardly anyone is going to occupy the cabins throughout the winter. The lure of heated bathrooms is too strong. Perhaps in the future, if improvements are made to make the cabins weathertight, we'll see this change, and if that happens we can adjust the policy. However, it is unfair to have parties lose their "dibs" over the winter months when no one else is staying in the cabins either, and it seems particularly shitty for someone else to arrive before you in April or May and snatch your cabin because you didn't want to stay in it through the winter (but they didn't either) - this particular situation is patently unfair to people coming from far away and people who have jobs that prevent them from being on-site at the 3 PM "site opens" time.

So, from now on, this is how it works. As always, these policies are subject to change if something turns out to not work. If you have questions, the Operations Marshal (me) or Second Marshal (Jimmy Vertucci) are the people to talk to, or post them here.

1. Groups are not expected to sleep in their structures at events where forecasted nighttime temperatures will be below 40 degrees (OPs will make this call).

2. Groups will retain their rights to a structure (their "dibs") over the winter months provided they occupy it in both November, and April or May (May if April nights are forecast to be below 40).

3. Groups that are assigned a structure are expected to do some sort of encampment, ie. Hide modern stuff, blankets on beds, hang a sign or a banner, make it look lived in, and so forth. Groups are also still expected to do a "bare minimum" encampment during the winter months. Put out your banner or sign, have a lantern in there, etc. even if the lean-to will be empty.

4. Groups that have a structure and need to miss an event for whatever reason will need to post up by Wednesday night prior to the event they're missing so that we can use the space for something else that event (encounters, overflow, whatever). This allows OPs to temporarily offer your structure to another group so they can try it out, GMs to use the lean-to for a longer encounter that event, etc.

5. "No call no shows" make a group lose their "dibs" immediately (exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances beyond your control, like if you all carpool together and get in a car accident on the way to game). If this happens, the next group on the waiting list will be given your building starting the next event.

6. Groups who do not completely fill their structure may still have other people assigned bunks in it.

7. If your group goes defunct or disbands, you need to inform OPs as ASAP as possible so that we can reassign your structure.

8. Operations reserves the right to move people around, based on size of group, regular attendance, actual space utilization, etc.

Note: this post will be kept up to date, and ruthlessly moderated.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maplewood (Oneida Lean-Tos)

Structure 1: GoST

Structure 2: Occupied (group has no IG name)

Structure 3: Rhinos

Structure 4: Briar House

Structure 5: Guardians of the Well

Structure 6: Dave M & Jenica

Structure 7: Dustin & Ryan

Structure 8: Templars

Merchant Bazaar (Hornbeck)

Owl & Ore

Ban's Botanical

Micah

Spragg

The Black Bag

Note that there is no sleeping in the Merchant Bazaar (well, you can if you want, I guess, but there're no beds), and there's still no vending in Maplewood proper. Merchants should get bunks in one of the cabins to sleep in-game, or in Logistics to sleep OOG.

Cayuga Cabin: Mercy House

Harden Cabin: The Spinning Jenny

Evans Cabin: The Slap & Tickle

THE WAITING LIST for MAPLEWOOD LEAN-TOs

To get yourself or your group on this list, you must make a post below this one, stating the name of the group, the group contact person, and how many people in the group. "Dibs" are allocated in the order I receive them.

Gruesome Twosome

LAST RUTHLESSLY PRUNED: 9/12/17 by Dave H.

Group in Structure 2 officially named "The Fellowship."

Just putting this out there: The last few events at Kinglsey, I've been using cabin 7 as the Warden's encampment. So basically just my encampment- potentially still Pat's and Ryan's too. I slept there in October and set it up as an encampment Oct and Nov. 

Had no idea there were previous dibs on the place and caught no wind of anyone else interested in the space... Was this instituted before October? Just want to figure out where I should be looking to set up my encampment items and such.

Sign in to follow this