NPC/Elder:

+Love songs with the Daves. Dave H: "Nah, that one's about fighting... that one's about fucking... that one's about drinking... that one's about fighting AND drinking... nope, she dies in that one... and in that one... ah! Nope, she dies in that one too. That one makes me cry."

+Watching PCs slowly turn the tide in the "save my grand babies" fight.

PC:

+Best buds with Neecy/Ciara made everything not so terrible.

+New buddy Brandon/Triall. Playing off of his character was endlessly entertaining.

+Kyle/Einar masterfully dropping, "I met your brother." "*blink* Wat?"

+David Morgan/Narene trying me/Autumn with the "kisses."

+Rosemary cookies! ROSEMARY COOKIES!!!

+Richard Baldwin/Reaver's wildly creative literature he was peddling in-game.

+Asian Dave NPC: "Why do elves have pointy ears?" Autumn: "Why?" AD: "There has to be some point to elves." Autumn: "HA! Yeah, fuck elves."

GM:

+WHOA enthusiastic NPCs! Not a lazy one in the whole bunch!

+My wonderful and capable staff. Shout-out to Logistics (Ryan and Steve A.), Makeup (Tammy, Sarah, and Makayla), and P&A (Laura and Kyle).

+Beautiful plots written by the Plot team worked out well.

+"Chest burster"... *evil grin* heh heh heeeeehhhh.... Thanks for that gem, Don.

+Big undead fight closer. Left 7 PCs bleeding out when game was called off. Most of you guys were great sports about the whole thing.

+ Going out as Gershans, protecting the Szechuan Sauce flowers, and the all-out fight that ensued.

+ Boglurking just before the end of 4th shift. The moon was bright and dramatic.

+ Hearing PC's burn through so many spells during the Exiled Terran fight.

+ Watching a bunch of PC's side with a flower farmer and scold the girl whose arm got cut off by gargoyles.

+ Fighting as the giant round shield skeleton in the undead fight.

+ Watching a small pod of PC's avoid us, as Minotaur and Ogres, even if we did get squished. Smart moves.

+ Sharing the joys of the Orc drum.

+ Ginseng with Shane and friends.

+ Finally coming to a regular event and getting hugs~

- The giant undead fight.

- Found a couple ticks from Boglurking. Just desserts, huh?

NPCing on Friday Night as bandits was very cold and wet, but even more fun! Thanks to The Negotiator, Blinky, The Xecutor, Greg, Axe-man and all the gang members of the Grinning Flaming Skulls who made the it a lot of fun!

Shoney's Phonies. I was impressed with the three other family members who hooked for that plot, you guys could teach masterclass improv. I didn't hear the word 'no' once the entire plot, and it stayed IC from leaving logistics to returning. Great job!

Friday night clear-the-benches mummy fight: this was a great fight, and what game should be like at least once a shift. Super impressed with the undeads, you stuck together and made a very tough nut for the PC's to crack--which they eventually did.

====

Kiba's Legal Assistance Fund--this was great, and great that it got a lot of PC's to get invested in legal issues surrounding living in Maplewood.

Hanging with Johan, O'drick, and Mistress Beryl. Hijinx ensue!

Selling the Maplewood Gazette was a lot of fun to write and sell. I seriously almost broke a rib laughing when I heard Riona get to the joke section:

..hehehehe right side

hehehehe loin

hehehe buzzers are dumb

...Hey! That's not funny!

heheh bards

hehehe terrans are dumb.

I've posted it to the IC board in the Spinning Jenny if you're interested. I'm looking forward to writing another next month!

Having a great conversation on sparkcalling in the Jenny. "Good Table." It's neat to have other people react to it, and not in the way I expected.

Also good: thinking every female in green skin was a Dryad out to rob him of his will. Turns out, Verdurans and Nymphs have green skin! Reaver's a jerk!

Thanks for a great game everyone!

NPC:

Being a amature mage off to fight Golems for scrolls. Finding worse trouble first and accidently leading heros to a dead end side path of doom.

Getting slain as orc and overhearing that the looted orc beside me has kitten tattoos.

Seeing all the new earthkin gems in action <3!!!

PC:

My first day Pcing Helene Briar and surviving through hell and back! But surviving none the less

With the snow goblin Kiba trading exotic foods/drinks then gruff snarking & bouncing jokes back and forth all day. "This is a lot of blood. Oh gods its everywhere." "What does it matter. If it gets on the wares just call them Raspberry cookies."

MEETING THE AMAZING FREELANDERS AND SINGING FOR THEM <3 You guys are EPIC

Cookies selling out faster than a Rhino can swing a sword!

Kisses from Narene the warmest of elves and sharing treats back and forth. New sweets sharing friend!

Legal cleverness and help in Kiba's case.

PARTY IN THE JENNY! Toasts to OZ and fantastic songs a plenty!

Unfortunate fortunes from a joyful new friend.

Befriending a (maybe) druid , redheaded elf, enchanting prostitute & stealth sized snow golin amid a tense Fiend attack in merchant town.

Cuddling by the fire with them all + a very hilarious Cwestor for a peaceful portion of the night all like a giant blanket snuggle pile. We looked like a 5 headed goblinoid.

Fighting beside Daitoro & hearing him speak with utmost sincerity even if it was a breif moment of action and ill fated it was shocking beyond words in the flash of it.

Getting back into the swing of things Friday night with some NPC Role play plots. Coming back after a year was nice all by itself.

Working the Inn and making some sweet sweet coin.

Triall being welcomed into town by Mercy, who has quickly become a friend of Triall's.

Triall being welcomed to the Inn by Autumn, Einar, and Kiara.

Nicknaming the new Vincent as Vincent Minor and actually having the nickname stick. (This one's for you Mcfathom)

Walking about with Autumn discussing the world and our pasts, both of us are very straightforward and not afraid to discuss our pasts, nor are we afraid to express our views even when rude.

Adventuring with Stan the Bard and laughing and making jokes as we patrolled with Octavius.

Spoke to a tortured Casvac, noped out out there after realizing the adventurers I was with were very green and couldn't hope to fight off a group of archer Bandits.

Witnessing Ban's shenanigans in the woods

Not being able to speak to ghost girl but managing to get her to go away by shouting in her general direction that there is plenty of candy in the well.

Watching Stan and Reyland give Ban that magic Lock he had been asking everyone for ALL day. (Locked him in a room in the Inn)

Oz's party

Going to bed and ignoring the horde of undead because "my feet hurt" and "I have neither silver nor even steel". Then after that "Help there is a horde of undead over there" and replying "yeah I can see and HEAR them, have fun, I'm going to bed"

Not dying in the field at the end of the night.

NPC/Elder:

+Love songs with the Daves. Dave H: "Nah, that one's about fighting... that one's about fucking... that one's about drinking... that one's about fighting AND drinking... nope, she dies in that one... and in that one... ah! Nope, she dies in that one too. That one makes me cry."

+Watching PCs slowly turn the tide in the "save my grand babies" fight.

PC:

+Best buds with Neecy/Ciara made everything not so terrible.

+New buddy Brandon/Triall. Playing off of his character was endlessly entertaining.

+Kyle/Einar masterfully dropping, "I met your brother." "*blink* Wat?"

+David Morgan/Narene trying me/Autumn with the "kisses."

+Rosemary cookies! ROSEMARY COOKIES!!!

+Richard Baldwin/Reaver's wildly creative literature he was peddling in-game.

+Asian Dave NPC: "Why do elves have pointy ears?" Autumn: "Why?" AD: "There has to be some point to elves." Autumn: "HA! Yeah, fuck elves."

GM:

+WHOA enthusiastic NPCs! Not a lazy one in the whole bunch!

+My wonderful and capable staff. Shout-out to Logistics (Ryan and Steve A.), Makeup (Tammy, Sarah, and Makayla), and P&A (Laura and Kyle).

+Beautiful plots written by the Plot team worked out well.

+"Chest burster"... *evil grin* heh heh heeeeehhhh.... Thanks for that gem, Don.

+Big undead fight closer. Left 7 PCs bleeding out when game was called off. Most of you guys were great sports about the whole thing.

Triall and Autumn may have had a little too much fun at other's expenses, Nah.

As an NPC, I enjoyed being:

a pixie, and I improvised a duet with an elf while we picked flowers. I was thrilled!

a buzzer- but this time, a sword-wielding corrupted one!

a bandit thrust into a leadership position. The casual cruel bandit banter was the best.

a villager hook for highwaymen who discussed family problems with her sister in the inn.

an illiterate slave who accidently poisoned her mistress with tea

10 high points of PC shift among many:

Saving the life of a villager poisoned by the well, with catholicon.

Chatting with Ban, with her prostitute companions, and speaking in Ban's defense throughout game

The fiend siege! Nicolo and several noncombatants. High drama and narrow escapes!

Healing an unidentified person's mortal wounds in a bandit fight, followed by evisceration by bandits

Joy's fortune reading! Top notch roleplay and pleasant but foreboding interaction.

People who were really kind to Ashina! The number and general sweetness was quite heartwarming.

Oz's semi-public shaming and punishment about negligent inquisitor-related harm, and staggering out of merchant town. Ah, conflict!

Touching conversation including crying over her parents and shame with Octavious.

Chest-burster in the inn! Grotesque shrine to Nox in the woods! The horror elements held my attention.

...standing ground leading to brutal death under starlight in the final fight.

Firing the first sniper shot as the bandit archer and having NONE of the PCs figure out where I was. I just ducked behind a stump, I NEVER DISSIPATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Standing around in the dead center of swamp (yeah, there was no interaction but it was ACTUALLY really fun being out there)

Finding out that I found a weakness in Steve Arnold's character (that was Marcus, right)!!!! ( And it meant that I was playing a convincing NPC role!!!!)

As a PC, holy crap that very first walk across the field was weird and amazing.

Playing music with Fish!!

and Picnicing for the final battle. It was great being way far away watching the battle, and then running away when I thought it was getting to close!!!!!!!!!

NPC Shifts (1 + 2)

+ Loved having so many roleplay-centered parts to play! Not that I'm against combat but it was a welcomed change of pace from my previous event almost nonstop fighting.

+ SHONEYS! Had a blast being a secret maybe Shoney sympathizer in the first half then a very upset merchant. Those blasted Shoneys got me twice!

+ Being a plant person and having to run away from combat after the first adventurers I found fell. Sorry guys!

+ Haughty Super Pregnant Nymph! Was a lot of fun being a part of a major plot point. Giving birth to a Satyr in the middle of the inn was a unique experience.

PC Shifts (3 + 4)

+ First ever shift of Joy!

+ Getting to restore some limbs and cure some wounds made me happy I could assist in some way in combat!

+ Fortune Telling! I did so many readings! (thanks in part to being employed my entire last shift for the party). I can't recall every fortune I did but I was ecstatic that I didn't fumble through things. I've never done fortune telling before this but thought it'd be a fun character concept. I was pretty surprised at all the coincidences but sometimes the story writes itself!

+ Making PC friends and joining a group! Thank you to everyone that was super supportive for my first time PCing.

- Husband was sent to get my NPC boots. Instead my husband went upstairs and became a bandit for an hour. rolleyes.gif

+/- Horrific end of Joy her first game. Undead are brutal! Sad I can't really write "event connecting" blog posts this month due to this. But she died with a smile on her face and it'll be great for character development!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.