DekuBaka

Another Newbie Arrives!

Hi, everybody! I'm Michelle. I met Shane at IthaCon in March (I was the very enthusiastic blond girl), and I've finally gone and made myself an account. I'm an ex-summer camp kid with experience in improv and a hankering for adventure!! I used to do some Larping with an old kid's group, but I haven't done any in ages and I really miss it. I've played a fair bit of DnD and other tabletop games, and about a zillion rpg-style video games, so I think I'm going to fit right in. smile.gif I'm hoping that I can come to next weekend's event to play as an NPC, and to get to meet all of you and get a feel for the group. In the meantime, I imagine there's a lot of lore for me to read up on. I'm delighted to meet you all!

Hello! My name is Maggie. I'm Kingdoms of Novitas' Marketing and Player Outreach second Marshal. I'm glad you liked the table! Welcome! I think you'll fit in just fine. Here is a link to the rules and the World book (our lore) http://kingdomsofnovitas.net/players-corner/rules-and-errata/

Can't wait to meet you! See you Friday!

Hey there Michelle, it's Shane (The Snow Goblin with Inner Beauty). good to see that you found our website! I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Minion.

I second what Maggie says in regards to checking out our lore. It's quite fun to check out especially when you get into the nitty gritty of the races, their cultures, and their relationships with one another. Beyond the World Lore, we do have a great amount of Blogs to check out that can help give your inspiration for character creation or even just a unique perspective on the various races in this game.

If you need help with anything, I know people will happily help you out with whatever questions you may have.

We look forward to seeing you this upcoming weekend and we hope you have a great time!

P.S. If you see a Snow Goblin drinking Tea, feel free to join him for a cup!

I forgot to say, if you have any questions about anything, please let me know :)

Hi! I'm Sarah. I joined in October and I'm quite glad I did. I hope you have an amazing time at the next weekend's game! I can't make that one, but I hope to meet you at a later game. NPCing is a blast, because you get to have a great variety of experiences in different roles, and it's really good to get familiar with the game world before you roleplay as a PC.

From your LARP experience description I must ask: are you also from The Wayfinder Experience?

Welcome aboard!!! If you're curious about some of the other characters that populate this LARP, I'll suggest taking a look at some of the blogs. Lady Kate writes the one about her character Ellenor. Shane write about Kiba (and has done an amazing job with his blog that make fighting look like an art form). There's also a storyteller named Joy that adds not just stories about her character but also folktales about Novitas as well. I highly suggest giving them a try! Hope to see you this weekend!!!

Welcome! If you've made it this far, you're right, you'll fit right in!

I second Tiffany/Lady Vinyl's recommendation of checking out the blogs; I certainly think they are lots of fun.

I started in August, so if you have any questions a relatively new and enthusiastic player can answer and you decide to pick me out of the host of people who beat me to posting here... I'm happy to help!

I can't wait to meet you in game!

Thank you for all the responses, everyone! I'm just tickled by how friendly this community seems to be. As advised, I have been reading up on the lore: I've gone through most of the Rules Wiki, and I think I have a vague grasp of how the game rules are supposed to go, and so far I've gotten through the beginning of the Worldbook and briefly scanned most of the different nations (and found a typo ;) ). But I am a little bit confused about what exactly I'm supposed to bring with me to the game. I'm sorting through my clothes to find something appropriate to wear under NPC gear, and I've got a sleeping bag, but as an NPC I'm not required to bring my own food, right? Or my own supply of water? But I do have to bring my own dishes to eat on? I assume that there will be some kind of washing-up area where we can wash our own dishes, and also some kind of shower facilities, right? Also, is this http://www.smart-camping-guide.com/image-files/camping_lanterns.jpg the general sort of electric lantern allowed? (I assume flashlights are considered too modern?) Also, considering the weather forecast, are umbrellas allowed/recommended? I have a fluorescent pink one that might not look very good, and maybe also a plastic poncho somewhere... And finally, I may have missed it somewhere on the website, but I can't find an exact address for the Hoover Adventure Center, or a time when I should be there.

To Pixie: You guessed it!! I only managed to go for a couple of years in a row, but the Wayfinder Experience gave me some of my all-time favorite gaming memories. If you went any time in the rough brackets of 2005-2010 (I don't actually remember exactly when), there's a very good chance that we met each other there. I hope to see you for next month's game, because I assume that I'm going to have a lot of fun this time and want to come back.

To everyone else: I'll see you in just a few days!!

Here's a What to Bring List http://kingdomsofnov.../what-to-bring/ but you can get by on less. NPC clothes, you don't need a weapon for NPC use, sleeping bag and a pillow should serve you well. That lantern is good, we have period ones for your NPC roles, but that will help you navigate the camp on the dark. The sign in fee which is $30 . Just noticed that the What to Bring was out of date there. You don't have to bring food, the inn makes plenty, but I'd bring snacks and I'd bring some water for downtime. The water is drinkable so you can probably just bring a cup. If you have a wooden bowl and tin cup, I'd bring them, but you can probably get by without them/borrow mine. Yes, there's a washing station in the inn and a full kitchen in the logistics building. There is a bathhouse as well as a shower or two in the inn building. No umbrellas please. There are large hats and cloaks in the NPC supply that will keep you dry.

2065 Song Lake Crossing Tully, NY you'll see the Kingdoms of Novitas sign right before the entrance to the camp. I recommend getting there around 6/6:30 the New Player Orientation Speech starts at 7:30 so you'll need some time to get your sleeping situation sorted and your stuff unpacked.

Hope that helps!

Very helpful, thank you! I think I understand what to bring now. I just hope you will be a little lenient with my clothes for this first game... I have some plain, neutral-colored things without any obvious zippers, but they probably won't look very "period". I expect that I will have some shopping and/or crafting to do before next month's session! Also, just to make sure that I understand this correctly: I should arrive at 6-6:30 Friday evening, and all four shifts of the game will occur on Saturday, with (iirc) Sunday reserved for cleaning up?

Hi I'm Don! I still come to game occasionally after moving out of state. First shift starts around 8-8:30 pm Friday night, the other three are on Saturday.

As to your NPC clothes for your first time, just do the best you can. Logistics has garb for NPC use to put over your stuff. So for example, you can choose a dress instead of just a skirt if you are going to the inn as villager. And most of the monster garb is covering of shirts at least, some monsters even have pants to go with.

A big thing to give you a heads up on is socks, please bring plenty of socks to switch out to make sure your feet are kept healthy.