Lady Vinyl

Interrupting a spell

Okay, so I know that incants are required and that the spell of Silence would stop one from casting a spell. Would getting hit from an attack that doesn't kill you or cause you to bleed out cause your spell to not be cast?

If you get hit during the incant, you've got to start over. If you finish the incant before somebody hits you, you're good.

Yes, getting hit in combat interrupts your incant. It's why people bum rush enchanters.

"Taking damage during the verbal componentnegates the spell. Taking damaging hitsto armor and/or magic armor still counts as being damaged. This doesn’t mean the points are spent, butthey must begin their incant from the beginning."

Also relevant, you need one unwounded hand free to cast. If that hit you took wounds your free casting hand and you have something in your other hand, you have to free up your other hand to restart the incant.

A fun way I've learned to stop spells mid cast- distracting the castor with outrageously ludicrous insults. That 3 seconds pause of shock or rage is normaly enough to land a hit on them :D

Thank you all. biggrin.gif

Fun (?) fact:

If you incant a Dissipate, and are hit between the end of the incant and you getting your flag over your head, you will still take damage but the dissipate will still happen.

. . . THAT I will DEFINITELY keep in mind!!!!!