Sign in to follow this  
Gil

Chosen 5 ideas

Hello, everyone, so I was lookingthrough the RP skills for chosen and I noticed, it sucks. I’m sorry to say itso bluntly but it does. Don’t get me wrong, it is interesting yes, but generic.We are worshiping gods here, and as such they would not all grant the sameeffects to a player. Why would the Mother who is all about healing care aboutsmiting an enemy or the Craftsman??? So,I sat down and though, well what would they do. So below is an IDEA I REAPEATAN IDEA of how I think the chosen 5 spells should be.

Now the player would have todeclare at chosen on which god they intend to follow. Now I know your all goingto say “it makes it so complex. It really doesn’t since the player would onlyneed to know about one god skills not all of them. It’s no different from aschool of magic on the character sheet.

Now with my above statement: “They would not all grant thesame effects to players” it really hits on Chosen 5. At this point yourcharacter at minimum might be 2 ½ years old. This is determined through RPskills occurring every six months. If you made it this far following a god youshould be gifted with raw power from them. I look at it as, you’re theirright-hand man/women. They can depend on you as you can depend on them. Sobelow are the Chosen 5 spells that I personally think would make the whole RPof following the gods plus the time and dedication worthwhile. AGAIN, THESE AREALL IDEAS

Also,before you say this is unfair or broken, let me point out the other buffsgranted to the other RP skills

Druid- Aspect. Player can make up an aspect grantingapproval by logistics. Example given: Examples of an ability is "Aspect ofFae: Damage requirement poison for 1 minute." Aspect of Ooze: Acid Damagefor 1 minute"

• Grants the character the Pure Cognizance effect and an additional 20 coin.

• This effect is permanent and cannot be dispelled
    • Pure Cognizance does not require an incant. (It is always active.)
    • Pure Cognizance does not require a 'No Effect' call, should any of the immunities in rule be activated.
    • Pure Cognizance grants immunities to the following effects:

Long list of immunities

Merchant: where to begin lol : Lvl 3 Free blue box (cost hundreds of dollars out of game toacquire a blue bag which is greatly reduced in size )

LVL 4: can stack up magic items at half cost to exchange ofany other magic item the want at sign in.

LVL 5: Craft a 36 point epic item that can be sold. ( thisis why the chosen version is different.)

again below is just an idea. As we know not everyone likes to do combat so granting a combat only ability for chosen 5 is kind of saying, "Hey if u want to make this worth while your gonna have to fight"

I think the list of options provider a good balance between power and use. Again all ideas so take with a grain of salt. The reason there are two options for them is 1) if this is allowed player must chose one. 2) to give you an idea of what we could do with the chosen tree

*as a note before people say "oh no one will want to play the other rp class remember not every one wants to play a religious nut bag on the corner preaching lol

Chose 5 Skill Tree

The Mother: Goddess of healing and life; Illumitas’ Shard oflove.

Precepts: serve life; soothe the injured; forgive theremorseful.

Spell: Healing voice

Frequency: 1/event

Effect: Player issurrounded by a sanctuary bubble that cannot be dispelled for 1 min.Players/npc the player deems friendly may travel back and forth through thesanctuary. Also during this time All healing spells from the caster is castedat no cost.

Another option

Spell: Mass Resurrection

Frequency: once per event

Effect: Player can resurrect players/npc That can hereplayers voice. (functions like Minion Rise)

The Knight:

Precepts: Leads Justly; builds a better world; considereveryone in your actions

Spell: The Knights Shield

Frequency: 1/gameday

Effect: For 1 min player reflects all offensive magic

Alternative

Spell: Knights armor

Frequency: until spell power is depleted

Effect: players Improve magic armor becomes self-cast onlyand turns the 4 points of magic armor into 4 points of magic monstrous armorthat ignores slay (player cannot gain this effect from another player castingimproved magic armor, items, or scroll/potions. Must be casted from players ownspell points)

The Soldier

Precepts: sacrifice for total victory; cunning is a form ofstrength; accept the leadership of others.

Spell: Unbreakable Will

Frequency: 1/event

Effect: For 30 seconds Player ignores any damage (physicaland magical) and effects. Player takes a torso wound after due to theaccumulation of damage

Alternative

Spell: Burst of magic

Effect: player can cast a free spell burst that deals damageequal to the amount of magic used. Magic must come from players own magic pool.Damage is considered as magic slay. Target can only be effected by one tag-bagfrom effect. *this means if you cast it for 4 damage and two tag bags hit thetarget it won’t count as 8 damage.

The Scholar

Precept: Emotions mask facts, so be dispassionate andpatient; all problems disappear if understood; the mind controls the body

Spell: True domination

Effect: Player can dominate any living/dead/elemental being.In addition, dominate cast Greater Truth (functions like as a Truth serum thatbypasses any immunities or ritual.) in addition player can give more complexorders to dominated being. (time length 5 min). Like the Knight this spell mustbe casted from players own magic pool.

Alternative

Spell: Greater fear

Frequency 1/game day

Effect: all enemies except greater undead that can hear theplayer when he/she cast the spell is feared.

The Elemental

Precept: serve passion regardless of creation ordestruction; beauty is truth; live well, for your time is short.

Spell: Astral Walk

Frequency 1/event

Effect: Player choses a predesignated spot (approved by GM).Any friendly npc/pc that is touching the player is ley lined to spot. Playercan also bring those who are not willing.

Alternative

Spell: Control Nature

Frequency: 3/gameday

Effect: player can cast any damage type to weapon includingprimal. (Can only be casted on Chosen player weapon, if player hands weapon toanother player the effect is removed.) Duration 10 min/ primal 20/all other

The Stranger

Precept: Keeps Secrets sacred; embrace the peace of ending;serve the dead who can no longer serve themselves.

Spell: Soul leach

Frequency 1/event

Effect: Player can cast reap spirt on any creature, undead,or elemental while the target is still “alive” instantly killing the target.

Alternative

Spell: Shepard of the soul

Frequency: 1/year

Effect: player can bring a sparkout of the well and imbed it in a new body

(player cannot bring a spark ofone of their previous pc back) *’If player is brought back this way, pcmaintains memory from when they were alive but starts back at level 1. Sparkbrought back must have been sent to the well no later than 2 years from time ofcasting.

The Craftsman

Precepts: Build rather than own ordestroy; serve all with your work; coordination is the best tool

Spell: Ameliorate

Effect: player can make any armor4 monstrous for game day. Or make any weapon swing for 4 damage including dualweapons. (if used for dual weapons, it must be casted on each individual weaponcosting 2 out of the 3 uses) * player must have an anvil and spend 10 min RPthe crafting

Alternative.

Spell: The Gift

Frequency: 1/year

Effect: player can craft a 36-point item that acts asa Feb-Feast item in that it can never be looted from you. (This said, it onlystays bounded to the chosen character. If player makes a new pc item cannottransfer over.) *if player hands item to another player it becomes mundaneuntil given back to the Chosen

The Dark Three

Grak The Destroyer

Precepts: Defiance, Strength, Glory

Spell: Crushing blow

Frequency: Until spell power is depleted

Effect: Player can increase damage by 1 per mana pointexpended. When player hits an enemy, it expends all the magic. The player canchoose between “slay or pierce” damage but cannot switch damage type after it’scalled.

Alternative:

Spell: Enraging Taunt.

Frequency: 2/gameday

Effect: Player calls out a target. The target and player canonly move towards each other and fight only each other till one is dead.(Before people say well they would taunt them then people would kill them sincethey can’t fight back I hope the chosen player would rp this. Grak is all aboutfighting the toughest opponents. If he was to be robbed of his kill he wouldnot take to kindly to it.)

Nox The Putrescent

Precepts: Destroyer of life; divest yourself of hope ofredemption; serve suffering absolutely.

Spell: Nox’s Anguish

Frequency 1/event

Effect: Player can spend 10 production points 75 copper tomake a poison that deals 5 pierce damage bypassing immunities. Player islimited to only one per event even if they have 20+ production points. Also,player must have a chalice dedicated to nox and is encouraged to RP the poisoncoming from the cup as a gift from nox.

Alternative

Spell: Disease

Frequency: 2/gameday

Effect: Player can cast disease on his weapon for 10 min. orthrow 2 tag bag for disease.

Darkness

Precept: Unknown

Spell: Whisper of darkness

Effect: Player can use any spell they know withoutincantation.

Alternative:

Spell: Steps of the Mist

Frequency 1/event

Effect: Functions like ley lines however player does notneed a predetermined spot. Effect last 10 min and player has that time to gowhere ever they want, walking before the effect drops.

Draconus

Precept: Unknown though many cults share the collection ofDraconus Lore as Principle.

Spell: Will of magic

Frequency: Permanent

Effect: Player magic cost 1 less for all school.

Alternative

Spell: Infused magic

Effect: Player can cast 3 spells per gameday they know atthe cost of 1 magic.

Just a thought. There was a different LARP I played at where you could "call out/challenge" an enemy. If ANYONE else jumped into the fight, then both parties of the challenge bled out. So, I would suggest that for the "Enraging Taunt" either there is consequences to anyone who jumps in (they instantly bleed out or go to the well) OR they are immune (aka No Effect) any attack from anyone else.

Im not on any team that has any say in this... so take things here with a grain of salt. You can pick how salty you want to be as long as you take salt with you.

So as I understand it, Chosen comes in 3 flavors. You got Sept flavor. Dragon flavor. Dark Three flavor. There are 3 flavors, not 11. If you are chosen you are picked by the full group, not just one of the gods. You can venerate one of the gods more than the others. But you are chosen by the lot not a single god (Draconus being the exception as he is the only one in that lot)

Second. Chosen right now has a lot going on for the non-combat types. First level gets a Portable Bubble. Thats zero fighty. Level 2 gets AoE buff in the bubble. Again Zero Fighty. Level 3. Can be offensive, but 2 of the 3 are defensive by nature, Great for a Non-com. Level 4. Again, 2 of the 3 are for defense, And the other one just keeps something down. Level 5 is the only real offensive tool. And even looking at it in a roleplay sense... I take a Spacket. I throw it till it hits. Call Smite. My friends kill the thing murdering them or me. You know what the mother would like things to stay healthy. This helps them stay alive.

Third. Dont take RP skills for Lasers. Its bad form. Do it cause you love the RP.

Fourth. Oh lets start with the list... At the end, I'll compare it to smite in my looking. 1 being way to weak, 5 being on par with smite, to 10 being insanely too good. 4-5-6 are the magic numbers here.

- Healing Voice: Way too confusing to know whos in or out. Also free healing in a min, That's Super panacea. Revives for everyone. WAY BETTER THAN SMITE. 9/10

- Mass Resurrection: Cool Ritual. Still too good. I would also just bring everyone into a circle, kill them, and them full heal everyone if I needed this. Revives for everyone. BETTER THAN SMITE, Not as busted as Healing Voice. Would be sweet ritual. 6.5/10

- The Knights Shield: The ritual is better. Probably the weakest spell on the list. 1/10

- Knights Armor: Ignores Slay is the problem. Its one of the level 3 Chosen option without the Ignore, And Ignoring slay is 10/10 on its own. as is 10/10. Without ignoring slay. 3/10 as its a level 3 ability.

- Unbreakable Will: Not awful. This is another Cool ritual idea. I actually like it. Not on par with smite but I would like to see this in game. But its balanced and has lots of counterplay to it. And its beaten by disengage which is great. 4/10

- Burst of Magic: This is a cool Magic/Hearthstone effect. Blow your MP for the day and Shotgun. Or just cast Devastation which still takes your power and you can do more damage to a target over the min. 1/10

- True Domination: This already exists in game as a ritual, And the ritual is better. 0/10

- Greater Fear: No. Just no. AoE fear the effects everything is just going to make EVERYONE pissed at you for making them have a 10 min jog. Friend or foe. This is damaging to the game I feel. Negative/10

- Astral Walk: Already in game as a Ritual. The Ritual is better. 0/10

- Control Nature: This is... Underwhelming. Not bad. Not good. Just, Meh. I would also say this could be a Level 5 Druid aspect. Though its still underweling there too. 2/10

- SPARK Leach: What? O.o This is awkward. Using a touch spell, offensively, in combat is bad. And if out of combat... its just reap spirit. Could be neat with refining. Maybe? ?/10, Not a high ? Either...

- Shepard Of The SPARK: This has legs... Its a neat concept. I like it on a base level. Its far too good for a RP laser. But keep this idea around. Death isnt a big part of the game, And for a septon to use it, the player kinda has to like them or know them or have a reason too. I feel like this is better as a cool plot thing. Though even then, Its pretty insanely good. ?/10.

- Ameliorate: The weapon side is mildly weak becasue abomination already does that. The make any armor 4 monstrous for a GD is NUTS. Buy a leather jacket and fight the world. 8/10

- The Gift: LOL. This is Merchant 5 but better. Cant be stolen and has more CP than the other level 5. FFS. No/10

- Crushing Blow: Your wording is awful but I think I get it. At the point of getting a level 5 RP skill. I can throw Four 4 magic slay darts for a single power being a master with staff. This is SUPER weak on slay. Making Twenty 5 perices though. IN-FLIPING-SANE. 1/10 on slay. 100/10 on pierce. If you mean it in like how burst of magic works where you are forced dumped into using all your MP. Its negative/10

- Enraging Taunt: Taunt doesn't work in real life game. You made a super expensive "Dominate: Attack Me" call. 1/10

- Nox’s Anguish: You made smite. This is basically smite. But instead of having an attack to call forth the smite, And then the master strike. You rolled it all into one and technically made it better than smite at the cost of coin. WTF/10

- Disease: Worse than Smite. Would be cool Ritual. Its okay. Nothing I would jump for joy for. 3/10

- Whisper Of Darkness: HOLY SEPT NO! I would mageblade Dispel Stun double tap someone and walk home. Pierced The Heavens/10

- Steps of the Mist: This is fine. Sounds more like a Druid 5 thing to me becasue of Ley Lines. 5/10. Hit the sweet spot.

- Will of Magic: If this stacks with Mastering schools, Sounds like a cool level 5. Maybe a tad too good. 7/10

- Infused Magic: Three 1 power 5th level spells. In comparison. You use them on level 5. Lets say not master, Best case this. Thats a 4 MP discount. 4 Times 3 is 12. You let them break cap by 12 power. If they took Reap at level 3 they not have 38 power. Insane/10

There's an awful lot to unpack in what you laid out there, but my initial thought is that worshiping one aspect of the Sept is abnormal so it doesn't make sense to break out lazors for each individual aspect of the Sept. My second thought is that level 5 of any RP skill is going to take years and years to achieve and is going to be earned via heaps of RP so I feel like all this thought you've put into laying this all out is equivalent to planning what you'd buy if you won the lottery. Most players won't ever reach the 5th level of an RP skill, so adding all this crunch seems like wasted effort. That said, I imagine that some of these ideas could be neat rituals or alternative spells ideas that could be tapped when/if Rules decides to do another spell tree overhaul.

i cant add much more then whaty mk and guile have already said so this is more me agreeing with them then anything else.

So putting aside the powers that Gil suggested and their relative broken/suckiness, I want to go back to his original point that there should be different Chosen abilities for the different Gods, which I personally agree with 100%. I would go even farther than him though and rework the whole tree not just the level 5 abilities.

First to your point MK that "my initial thought is that worshiping one aspect of the Sept is abnormal", the world book consistently describes the followers and cults and priests of all of the individual gods, not just the sept as a whole: (section on the stranger) "Her formal worshippers are often regarded with amild sense of dismay or discomfort by the populationsthey serve. Often, these veiled priests and priestessesare responsible for death rites, burial rituals, and counselingthe grieving. As their patron goddess exemplifies,these Mutes are sworn to keep all secrets utteredby the grieving and about the dead."(section on the Knight) "Adherents to the Knight are the rarest of the Sept’sworshippers, due to the extreme self-awareness andstrict moral paths they must walk. To serve the Knight,one must embody the Knight’s virtues. Chivalric ordersdedicated to the Knight typically devote their knighthoodto the pursuit of these Knightly Virtues: Faith,Prudence, Hope, Temperance, Charity, Justice, andFortitude."

And to your point Oz that "There are 3 flavors, not 11. If you are chosen you are picked by the full group, not just one of the gods" that may be the way things are treated in game at the moment but to me it doesn't really make sense when you look at the lore. For instance, during the War of the Avatars, each God chose their own avatar, there wasn't one for the Sept and one for the Dark Tree, why would chosen be treated differently? Also the gods often look for completely different virtues in their followers. One who would be chosen by Darkness would be unlikely to be deemed worthy in the eyes of Grak. Also the gods, even those allied with each other, often have different goals that sometimes conflict with each other, for example: "She (the mother) is always in contentionwith her sister, The Stranger, and often the dyingwill see both of these goddesses struggling for theirfate." Why would these gods not choose separate followers to carry out their, sometimes opposed, wills on Novitas? In fact it's already a thing in game: (section on the Elemental) "She banished her formalpriests, who had grown too erratic and insane to be ofany use, awoke certain trees to wisdom and sentience.She called the Druids to replace her crazed heretics,and loosed these wardens upon the land." also "Her scions, the Druids.." The Druids are basically the chosen of the elemental and we already have an entire roleplaying skill tree for them, complete with various choices of abilities including a one of a kind, pick-your-own-awesome capstone. The followers of the other 10 gods get to choose between sanctify and unhallow* and whether they want a level 1 spell plus 4 power or a level 3 spell plus 2 power. Other than those 2 choices they all get the same powers, from Nox the God of killing everything, to the Mother, the God of healing everything. Did the Gods all bestow the same powers on their Avatars? No. Than why would their Chosen be the same? This makes no sense.

I understand that RP skills shouldn't be about the abilities but it seems to me that they exist so that players who devote themselves to something, be it a God or an organization or Greed, have an actual in game effect to show for their efforts. Someone who's been worshiping Nox for 5 years and doing his bidding should have some ability beyond someone who started worshiping him yesterday, and in no way should that ability be the same as some righteous adherent of the Knight who's spent the same amount of time working against Nox and everything he stands for. Some of the abilities as of now make no sense in the context of certain Gods. Seriously what does Grak want with sanctuary or sanctify or even unhallow for that matter, he would consider them spells for cowards.

As for what the abilities should be and how the current ones should change, that obviously would take a lot of work and thought and balancing and playtesting and though I do have some thoughts on them I'll leave that for another post. I just personally feel that differentiating between the worship of the different Gods is something that could enrich the game and give people a greater connection to the Gods. I think that at minimum there should be 3 different chosen trees (although i would love to see 11, 10 new ones as we already have Druid). I think that being chosen of the Dark Three and the Sept should be as different in their benefits and abilities as the Gods are in their dominions and as their followers are in their means of worship.

*How is this even a choice? Even as a Dark three worshiper you would be kicked out of your own unhallow unless you cast Ghastly Visage first which only lasts 10 minutes. Is this not awful? Am I missing something?

Well put Colin you hit the reason why I wrote this on the head.

First to your point MK that "my initial thought is that worshiping one aspect of the Sept is abnormal", the world book consistently describes the followers and cults and priests of all of the individual gods, not just the sept as a whole: (section on the stranger) "Her formal worshippers are often regarded with amild sense of dismay or discomfort by the populationsthey serve. Often, these veiled priests and priestessesare responsible for death rites, burial rituals, and counselingthe grieving. As their patron goddess exemplifies,these Mutes are sworn to keep all secrets utteredby the grieving and about the dead."(section on the Knight) "Adherents to the Knight are the rarest of the Sept'sworshippers, due to the extreme self-awareness andstrict moral paths they must walk. To serve the Knight,one must embody the Knight's virtues. Chivalric ordersdedicated to the Knight typically devote their knighthoodto the pursuit of these Knightly Virtues: Faith,Prudence, Hope, Temperance, Charity, Justice, andFortitude."

When I say that worshiping one aspect of the Sept is abnormal, that's not opinion; it's canon.

*edited to add context*

I guess a clearer way to put this is that worshiping one aspect while denying or ignoring the others would be, at the very least, borderline heretical if not full on heresy. What would be acceptable (and is most likely what the World Book religion sections intended to imply) is worship as a whole with *perhaps* more devotion or reverence for one of the aspects of the Sept. To break out lazors for each individual aspect of the Sept (or other gods, whatev) reinforces the mistaken idea that it is normal to worship them in the heretical way rather than as a whole. I'll add that this is based on nearly 9 years of play, several of which I PC'd a Septon, and most of which I was on Staff. I'm really not pulling this out of my ass. If you still disagree, feel free to ask for further clarification from Plot.

aside from the canon there is also the fact that simple is always better then complex. the more you add the more difficult and confusing things get. most people dont want to have to read a page and a half of descriptions of what each thing and level does. the way i see it adding different abilities to represent the gods just smacks of "i want different lazers then any others" no disrespect intended but if you want to follow just one god then roleplay it out. you dont need different abilities to differentiate that.

Like I get it most healers that are septons follow the mother for good reason and most warriors are the knight or soldier. But then what about the elemental her "worshippers" are druids already an Rp skill. Mediums would be the closest thing to the best Worshipper of the Stranger. Weaponsmiths and ornementers would be followers of the Craftsman and then alchemists and scribes being the scholar. All the gods are worshipped differently not everyone needs to be chosen to do so. Adding more stuff to the game that makes a skill sheet harder to follow is not what we meed. There are other skills in game that represent the Gods other then Chosen as stated. Most of these would be great rituals though.

I obviously am not questioning your experience MK I was just going based off of what the Worldbook said. I don't know much about the Sept outside of the worldbook because my character has little interest in them. I honestly don't have a horse in this race as I do not have any plans of being a Chosen with my current character or any of the characters I'm tossing around in my head at the moment. You are right Steve that simple is better but simplifying things to the point that the good guys and bad guys have the same powers seems a bit much to me. I think the biggest problem is not with Chosen of the Sept but rather with the Chosen of the Dark Three. I agree that the RP abilities shouldn't be about powers or "lasers" as you all say but I think that they should at least make sense in the context of the Lore. Maybe I'm wrong about this but it seems to me that the abilities granted by Chosen would be power given to you by the Gods to better serve them and enact their will upon Novitas. The current Chosen abilities do not really do that for followers of the Dark Three. I think that even without massive changes a few tweaks would make the abilities more in line with the goals and methods of the Dark Three. In particular I think the shrine abilities have the least to do with the Dark Three and as they are the earliest level abilities they impact the most players. Some players are always going to want to be evil and worship the dark gods and I think that making some changes could really make worshiping the evil gods feel more evil.

Level 1: I personally love the idea of having a shrine and RPing worshiping but the ability granted by the shrine currently is of zero use to Dark Three worshipers. As I pointed out in my earlier post, unhallow, the "evil" option is totally useless as you would not be able to reside in the building where you put your shrine as you are still living. Not to mention the fact that most Dark Three worshipers have to do all of their worshiping in secret so casting unhallow on your cabin is a pretty big "Hey guys i'm doing evil in here" sign. Now if the rules were changed to allow the Chosen to stay inside the unhallow effect without needing to cast Ghastly Visage that would be a little better. I think something else that could be done would be some sort of buff bestowed by the shrine instead or perhaps the ability for the shrine to cast reap spirit on anyone you might "sacrifice" to your god and store the spark in the shrine instead of on you to better facilitate shadiness so you don't have to walk around holding a spark for all the mediums of the world to see.

Level 2: The group prayer will likely never be that useful to those following the Dark Three as they are few in number and very secretive (for good reason) so they are unlikely to gather together for group prayer but if they did it would likely be very different than a group prayer of Sept worshipers. I think something that could be neat, adding to the idea about the shrine reaping people, would be a group ritual sacrifice where some NPC or player is sacrificed and all those who participate receive a bonus to their body as if they had used life tap on the victim. This might be overpowered but I imagine such events would be rare due to the logistics and secrecy involved and with the recent nerf to life tap it might be ok. Maybe just a plus one to body instead, idk.

Level 3: This ability actually probably fits better for the Dark Three in many ways than for the Sept.

Level 4: Obviously the heal mortal +4 power for someone else would not in any way be something the Dark Three would do but I suppose the other 2 choices would work for the Dark Three.

Level 5: Smite doesn't seem to fit with the Dark Three in my eyes. Most if not all of the enemies in game that have DR or kill conditions are not things the Dark Three would want their followers to kill. I think for Dark Three followers this ability should be more geared towards killing players or good NPC's, not monsters. The grounding aspect could be done with a level 1 spell and the only DR players can get is shadow skin and 90% of players can get around that anyways. Unless Smite gets around things like resilience and second breath (i don't know if being immune to killing blows would be the same thing as a kill condition) I don't see much use for it for Chosen of the Dark Three trying to enact their masters evil plans. Changing Smite probably isn't a huge priority as like MK pointed out the number of Chosen 5 is small and the number of Chosen 5 of the Dark Three is smaller still (it might be 0 idk). I just think it could be tweaked to make it more like something the Dark Three would bestow upon their followers to help them do evil and spread the dark word. Something like making smite dispel protective magics as well would certainly make it more useful but it might make it overpowered idk.

Level 1: I personally love the idea of having a shrine and RPing worshiping but the ability granted by the shrine currently is of zero use to Dark Three worshipers. As I pointed out in my earlier post, unhallow, the "evil" option is totally useless as you would not be able to reside in the building where you put your shrine as you are still living. Not to mention the fact that most Dark Three worshipers have to do all of their worshiping in secret so casting unhallow on your cabin is a pretty big "Hey guys i'm doing evil in here" sign. Now if the rules were changed to allow the Chosen to stay inside the unhallow effect without needing to cast Ghastly Visage that would be a little better. I think something else that could be done would be some sort of buff bestowed by the shrine instead or perhaps the ability for the shrine to cast reap spirit on anyone you might "sacrifice" to your god and store the spark in the shrine instead of on you to better facilitate shadiness so you don't have to walk around holding a spark for all the mediums of the world to see.

I don't believe that they have to use the unhallow option just because they are Chosen of one of The Dark Three. I would imagine that Evil Chosen would want to keep mindless undead out of their house too. If they wanted to have undead guests, all they'd have to do is turn the shrine off.

Level 2: The group prayer will likely never be that useful to those following the Dark Three as they are few in number and very secretive (for good reason) so they are unlikely to gather together for group prayer but if they did it would likely be very different than a group prayer of Sept worshipers. I think something that could be neat, adding to the idea about the shrine reaping people, would be a group ritual sacrifice where some NPC or player is sacrificed and all those who participate receive a bonus to their body as if they had used life tap on the victim. This might be overpowered but I imagine such events would be rare due to the logistics and secrecy involved and with the recent nerf to life tap it might be ok. Maybe just a plus one to body instead, idk.

Again, I don't understand why the current ability isn't just as good for Chosen of one of the Dark Three. Just be careful who you invite to your prayer group?

Level 5: Smite doesn't seem to fit with the Dark Three in my eyes. Most if not all of the enemies in game that have DR or kill conditions are not things the Dark Three would want their followers to kill. I think for Dark Three followers this ability should be more geared towards killing players or good NPC's, not monsters. The grounding aspect could be done with a level 1 spell and the only DR players can get is shadow skin and 90% of players can get around that anyways. Unless Smite gets around things like resilience and second breath (i don't know if being immune to killing blows would be the same thing as a kill condition) I don't see much use for it for Chosen of the Dark Three trying to enact their masters evil plans. Changing Smite probably isn't a huge priority as like MK pointed out the number of Chosen 5 is small and the number of Chosen 5 of the Dark Three is smaller still (it might be 0 idk). I just think it could be tweaked to make it more like something the Dark Three would bestow upon their followers to help them do evil and spread the dark word. Something like making smite dispel protective magics as well would certainly make it more useful but it might make it overpowered idk.

*Nudge Nudge* It's not just nasty monsters that have DRs. Powerful NPCs and PCs often have DRs up from various spells (in addition to many other monsters and creatures that might not make Nox all giggles if killed, but certainly could pose a threat to one of his Chosen). Smite removes those DRs AND doesn't let them dissipate or ley lines away. I'm not seeing how this is not beneficial to a character just because they're evil or how, if used in an evil way or to further evil goals, doesn't thematically fit with the evil gods.

As a side note, things change over the course of the game and relying on the world book, solely, for your insight into how things should work is not the wisest course of action. When I first started playing, 9-10 years ago, individuals did bring in characters who venerated one of the gods above the others, or were from orders dedicated specifically to one aspect of the Sept. You could be chosen by a specific god or by all of them, but they all agree that you are dedicated enough to receive the gifts they grant. The staff at the time encouraged us to shift our thinking away from ONLY worshiping one of the Sept. This is a hard rule and something that Plot does not want to change. So while you may feel called to follow a path of one god's arts more than the others, they are a set. Different holy orders may focus on specific spell trees as a way of representing that connection, but what Chosen gets you is what being chosen by the Sep, Dark 3, or Draconus gets you.