Sign in to follow this  

Dead Legends is a horror LARP currently run out of Felton, PA. This past weekend it celebrated it's one year anniversary. It's a year round LARP that is historically accurate up to the start of the American Civil War. That's where things take a turn to an alternate reality. The South won the war and the United States never became what it is now.

The game focuses on nerf guns, though I did see several LARP swords, boffer shovels, pixaxes and one woman had an incredibly well made boffer broom! So there is both melee combat and gunfights sometimes in the same battles.

Game starts around 9 or 10 pm on friday and runs constantly until noon on sunday. NPC shifts stop at 2am both nights. But the game still continues. And, everyone plays an NPC for one shift each, BUT those shifts are only four hours long. That's it.

Characters pick places to be from, the same as Novitas. But the different countries are based on what was going on in the world around the late 1800s. Player characters still pick their skills, but there are skills that can only be learned in game, or be taught. All crafting happens IN GAME. All items have a card that goes with them that shows the details of the physical representation that is typically carried. The game uses "focus" in place of things like magic points, but the focus also can be used on skills and such you can do. There is actually a LOT of roleplay in this game and a lot of traveling around the camp.

I played an NPC for the entire event and had a LOT of fun with it. I did some of the fights and did alright. The folks that run it all play two or three LARPs, so they understand what's going on. They all helped me with any details of rules or lore that I needed to know and everyone did a great job of making me feel welcome. So, if you don't mind the drive and are looking for something different, I would definitely suggest giving it a try.

(yes, I am horrible at writing reviews, cause there is no chronology to them, but if you have any questions, you can let me know and I'll try to help you out)