Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a bit of a question. I was considering things that my character could perhaps sell in-game for coin, and I was hoping for input about what sort of items would possibly be appropriate. Originally I was considering making my own dried incense/potpourri blends, but since some people have allergies/aren't fond of such things, I'd like to get some feedback from others.

Selling food (somewhere that's a long walk from the inn) usually goes over well with hungry adventurers. I guess you could ask other merchants, but personally if it's not food, drink, or a magical item*, or a skill**, I'm not super likely to buy it in game.

*If you become a merchant in game you can spend in game money on Production to make magical items and then sell them for more than you paid.

**I totally spend in game money for fortune tellers, gambling, games of chance, musicians, etc.

Granted, if you make a story around whatever trinket you sell, like you're a Draconus worshipper and these blessed items are perfect for a Draconus shrine (or you're a follower of the Stranger or whatever) and there's some cool thing to do (like scatter potpourri at a shrine and the gods will grant you a wish), then you might have a niche of buyers and you'd make in character friends with similar interests. :)

Awesome, thanks for the advice c:

Okay, one last question because I couldn't find a complete answer on it in the worldbook. What are colors/symbols generally associated with the individual gods of the Sept and Dark Three?

The seven pointed star is the only one that I can think of.

Okay, one last question because I couldn't find a complete answer on it in the worldbook. What are colors/symbols generally associated with the individual gods of the Sept and Dark Three?

So for the Dark Three, there's a little bit of an easter egg in the Gershan crest. For the Dark Three, the symbol is usually a triangle of three dots. In the Gershan crest, you can see that there is a triangle with three dots and within those dots are little images. One is a skull which represents Nox, the other is a droplet (of blood) which represents Grak, the top dot is a circle with a triangle of three dots inside. I've also seen a less detailed version which is a black dot on top for Darkness, one green dot for Nox and one red dot for Grak.

There are a bunch of little symbols for the Sept. It really depends on who you ask. For simplicity, just read through the religion section on the wiki and find your own symbols out of the text. Examples I've seen are: Craftsmen-hammer and anvil, Stranger-crow/raven, Soldier-sword, Knight-shield, Elemental-tree, Scholar-books, Mother-a heart or a mother nursing her child. You don't have to use these by any means and if anyone else wants to chime in with the symbols they have used, certainly do so. They Sept don't really have specific colors, but you can certainly assign them colors for yourself if you'd like.

gersh.JPG

Thank you guys again!

Hey Teyva, I have a response for your original statement. If you are making something that is unique and useful, people will buy them. Maybe not as much as magical items or food, but profit is profit. My best suggestion for you, when game gets up and going again, is to make a character, become a merchant, and try to sell various things and see what sells best. I know for myself, I started selling rock candy, now I am working on building a portable forge to bring to game and build trinkets while I am at my shop selling things. As you learn the game and learn what people want to buy, you tend to change with the flow of things. Good luck selling!

Since my character is a fortune teller, would I be allowed to bring a tarot deck or other chance items (like dice or other props) to use for readings? 

That is totally allowed in game.  BUT I will warn you, the character that is well known for it is considered kinda crazy (OOG she is well loved).  She does custom readings as well and does it for free.  So, just be aware of that before you try to make money off of it.  You could also make sure to PC the shifts opposite of Joy and then you would be the person to go to. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.