Sign in to follow this  
Tordek Vanguard

Interest

To save space, TL;DR:

33yo married guy who has extensive UO freeshard seer experience.

Lives for RP.

Zero LARP experience.

Huge interest, but in Buffalo.

Have to 'bring Wife Along' *coughbarwenchcough*

Aforementioned said,

I have to drag my Bills ass 3 hours down to the Dog Pound.

I guess I'm just hoping to strike up a convo with someone with patience for a total newb who can help guide me on the right track.

Hey, I'm Maggie. I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach second marshal. I'm glad you decided to check us out. The first step would be to peruse the rules and the Worldbook (our lore). Both things can be found here: http://kingdomsofnovitas.net/players-corner/rules-and-errata/ Following that, I'm always around to answer questions.

Welcome to Novitas

Welcome to the forums!

I second what Maggie suggested, please check out the rules and feel free to check out the worldbook for an idea as to what the world and races are like in the game. After you've read those, feel free to check out the blogs if you want to see how different races and characters interact with the world around them.

And there are several off us that have characters who do not fight and solely do the role play. There are also several of us who are married AND both halves play.

Welcome!

I'm Kate and started larping with KoN in August of last year, having never LARPed before or done anything like this. I have had a great experience with the friendly people in this community; I feel quite adopted!

I second Maggie's recommendation to review the rules and world book- then maybe check out the blogs! I find the blogs a fun way to stay hyped between events.

Making a PC (mine is a human named Ellenor), really adds to the experience of attending events. NPCing is fun and is like being backstage in theater, changing garb, going out as a minor character with a mission or quest for the players (or being a monster or creature or just adding local color) and then coming back to the logistics building and changing garb again and going out as something else! PCing is a more immersive experience in plots and you build relationships with other characters over time as you improv act your way through scenes and encounters; it's so cool. I love it.

I carpool with friends from Rochester, and people drive from all over the state and beyond, so once you arrive and meet people you may find people who drove even farther than you to be at KoN! I'll tell you now, it's worth the drive! And plan to stay through cleanup on Sunday and if possible go out to lunch with KoN people on Sunday before driving home; it's so much fun to end your event talking with other players out of game about your favorite parts of the event!!

I'm over three months pregnant, so I won't be doing any combat for the next few months, so your wife and I can find NPC roles that don't involve fighting, if she's looking for more role play than combat.

If you have any questions, just let us know! I have high enthusiasm and am a fair reference guide, but I will defer to Maggie for questions that require actual knowledge and experience. :)