Sign in to follow this  
Kender

Magic Lock and Lean-Tos

Hi everyone!

I'm Dan, the Rules Marshal.

We're at a new site with new facilities so I need to cover some details.

Magic lock will hold shut any one portal (such as a window or door) or container (such as a trunk or box lid) for the duration of the spell.

A lean-to shelter is a free standing structure with only three walls and a single-pitched roof.

The lean-tos at Kingsley do not have doors or portals, they're missing a wall. You can not magic lock them as they are.

It may be possible to use thick curtains which fasten to eachother and to the walls to create something which could be magic locked (like how we let tents be valid targets), but they'll need to be VERY SECURELY FASTENED like a CANVAS TENT DOOR IS TIED SHUT. I don't think it's feasible without considerable alterations to the structures (which we aren't doing), but I wanted to say that it's not impossible.

Any questions or comments?

-Dan

We'll be looking for next year at the cost of getting custom canvas fronts for the lean-tos, that button securely into place, and have a tied-flap door. No promises, but it's the first major project I'd like to tackle over the winter.

There may also be the possibility of using the canvas sewing machine we moved yesterday if we can get the machine to start working again. If that makes things more feasible.