Sign in to follow this  
Jojo

Quick Plot question - re: Maplewood kids vanishing

How long has it been (measured from present game time) since the kids from Maplewood got taken?  I'm transcribing my IC diary into blogs, and I'm running into inconsistencies that stem from not having a clear timeline.  

At least 7 years ago. Before then it seemed to be a risk, but not especially terrible. This was life in the Free Lands. But then the skeletons  weren't just snatching a child that wandered too far. Then the chained ones and the wights came. Then nosferatu. All manner of powerful, willfull undead began hunting us. There were mortals doing their evil work too. 

It it got worse as time went on.  Culminating four or five months before the dragon came. At that point it seemed the attacks were less common and more powerful undead seemed to become rarer further afield from their base of operations. For some reason there were fewer raids with Caten and Nosferatu. It has long been known the Helix deters the lesser undead more readily.

There were rumors that the Lich Lord needed ever more bodies as conflict rose and fell. The abductions continued to increase over time, lending strength to the idea it was in response to pressure. It became common knowledge that the adventurers in Pinedale agreed to treaties with the Undead Horde. Traders and townsmen alike posited that while Pinedale and the Stealing Dead left each other alone the dead were safe to forage afar and spread outside the local area.

All the while Maplewood's population fell. The Helix seemed to cover less ground. It became clear that without a boost to our population the light of the Helix might fade entirely.