Gil

Questions of an alchemist

I decided to start a thread on poisonous and alchemy related things.  This will include questions about things I heard out of game and things that might happen in game. 

If a player was immune to poisons when it was ingested but lost that immunity before the hour time mark, would they take the damage??

Theriac
Level: 4
Duration: Instant
Range: Ingested

Theriac is an ancient composition esteemed efficacious against the effects of poison, a certain compound of sixty-four drugs, prepared, pulverized, and reduced by means of honey to an electuary. It will immediately neutralize any and all poisons and diseases affecting a player or creature, allowing poisoned and diseased wounds to be healed. It is important to note that Theriac does not heal or undo the effects of the poison; it only cleanses it from the victim’s system.

im a little confused as to the discription.  It’s says it will neutralize any and all poisons and diseases but it also says that it doesn’t undo the effects. So if some one had ingested BLACKOUT JUICE and then was given Theriac would they still be stuned as that’s the effect. 2) If so then does this item only remove things with a countdown like vermin bane? 3) If not then, is it just removing the ability for that poison to be traced via diagnosis? 

Ethereal Sealant
Level: 5
Duration: Game Day
Range: Touch
Skill: None

Ethereal Sealant is a highly prized compound that makes the target completely immune to all magical spells and effects, both harmful and beneficial. It takes 1 full minute to apply to a subject person. This includes magical attacks, buffs, and healing. The effect remains until convergence even if the subject dies, preventing Revive from being cast on the body.

if as chosen I chose to have unhallow and use this item, would it allow me to sit in the building since for some reason a d3 chosen can not sit in its own unhallowed building. Also would said item allow a player to walk through someone’s sanctuary 

Is there a reason why some poisons can have effects doubled on a goblin blade while other poisons you would rub on a weapon don’t. 

Ex. 

Touch of Panic
Level 4
Duration: 10 minutes or 1 dose (Both Doubled on Goblin Iron weapon)
Skill: Herbalist

Bile of Nox
Level 4
Duration: 10 minutes or 1 dose
Skill: Herbalist

both can be rubbed onto the blade 

Balm of Vigor
Level: 5
Duration: 10 minutes

Balm of Vigor builds the imbiber’s musculature and physique, allowing her to hit for two additional points of normal damage for the next 10 minutes. It is important to remember that a player can NEVER hit for more than 4 points of damage, or 2 points of damage when using Two Weapon Fighting, regardless of the source of the damage.

as written it would allow me to swing for 4 PTs damage with shield since shield is not two weapon fighting. Is this written with that intent 

Rejuvenation Elixir
Level: 2
Duration: Permanent

Rejuvenation Elixir restores 2 points of Magic Power when drunk, and heals any missing Body points and cures all diseases. It is important to remember that a player can NEVER use more than 20 points of Magic Power per game day, regardless of the source of the points.

I heard this will no longer remove diseases a while ago is this true. If not then it seems pointless to have Therica remove deissase as it’s 2 lvl higher and doesn’t really make sense if not then Therica might be in my shop ASAP 

These were rules questions so I budged them into the Rules forum

-Maggie

I'm going to answer these in order of how you posted them to avoid confusion 

1.) If you ingest the poison while immune to it, you would say no effect and the timer would never start, even if you lost it right after ingesting the poison. 

2.) Theriac cures poisons and diseases. The term was meaning any poison effect would be neutralized, so in your example if you fed theriac to someone under black out juice, the black out juice effect would end. It would not heal wounds caused by like a 2 step venom, that's what it means when it doesn't cure the effects of the poison. (again a status like Poison pin, would be removed.) 

3.) Yes, you are immune to magical effects so would not be pushed out of the unhollow, You can also walk through someone's sanctuary. 

4.) poor editing on the wiki. You can double any poison weapon effects on a goblin iron weapon. (in the goblin iron weapon description) 

5.) We changed fighting with a shield to count as dual wielding for the purposes of damage, so if you used balm of vigor and used a sword and shield you would still be capped at 2. 

6.) Rejuvenation elixirs remove disease and not poisons, theriac does poisons and diseases (also Lycanthrophy I believe)  at the same time. 

Thanks.