Guest Solgryn Varlux

Saw KoN at the con.

One thing that I have learned from experience: if you need eyeglasses but can't wear contacts, it's preferable to have eyeglasses that do not turn into sunglasses in the light. There are quite a few people who do wear eyeglasses, but sunglasses look very out of place. Occasionally in combat someone will make a mistake and bop your head, and then your glasses can break. The solution I found was to order a pair of old-fashioned eyeglasses online for less than $20, just for the LARP, that didn't become sunglasses or risk breaking my good pair.

It's really important to get yourself on solid footing before you start to PC. Whether this will be after 2 shifts of NPCing or a game or few later, that's up to you.  By unusual circumstances I played my snow goblin first shift during my very first game, and while it was exhilarating, it was also disorientating. I later found that the worldbook really helps with familiarizing yourself with the world. If you want to PC next game, try to learn as much as you can before hand so you can make your oracle's introduction as smooth as possible. You can start building connections with other characters and getting wrapped up in plotlines.  On the other hand, NPCing an entire event can be amazing because then you get to be about a dozen different roles over the course of the weekend. Variety, fun, and making plot happen! Just do what feels right for you!