Sign in to follow this  
Gil

Crafting suggestion

Hello everyone, it’s me again with another question about the game.

Today topic Crafting (includes production/crafting)

I think it would be great and add a lot to the game if crafting for all trees had props associated with them the way alchemy does. From my understanding we all live in Maplewood, it is our home. I see a lot of players who craft without any physical representation that they do.  I know of at least two players (outside alchemy) that have props that bring a lot of immersion to the game (Ainar (kyle)) and (Flint, John Spencer) We always talk about immersion regarding clothing and items, why can’t it apply to crafting skills as well? Alchemy has props but none of the other trees require anything. Why is alchemy so isolated in this regard?

I personally would love to see the Crafting tree advancement treated like an RP skill. Instead of every six months application it could be 3 months. It seems a bit unrealistic to go from no skill crafting to a master over night because you gathered/stored enough exp instantly. It would take time and practice to increase these skills.

One of the coolest moments I had was sitting with Kyles PC while he forged a ring for me. It added so much more to the game.

A) You are making a BROAD assumption that we all live in Maplewood.  NO, we don't all live here.  I have repeatedly told people that I/Sabine does not, nor does Marcella nor does Winora (at least at this point).

B) You also make it seem like we are going to show you EVERYTHING in our homes/houses/cabins.  There are folks who have phys reps of how they make potions, but some of us don't allow sketchy people (or ANYONE we don't know) into our encampment.  

C)I understand what you are saying, but realize that there is only so much room in cars and people only have so much money, so requiring something that may not even be used during an event could be asking a lot for some people. 

Yes it would be a cool thing to see, but not everyone is going to flash all they do to the entire world.

That being said, the forge props that I have, even though I have gone with the cheapest options I have found and they do not work effectively, have still cost me well over $100 to put together and are a large burden to bring to and from game. As the anvil is upwards of 30+ pounds and the rest of the stuff is still a decent weight and size to prevent easy storage. However, it would be cool for more craftsmen to have some form of physical props around their shop, though it is true that they probably don't live near town. 

marcus has a forge where he does all his crafting outside of the town, like way outside, so as  not to disturb the residents cause lets be honest here forges are loud noisy places that give off alot of heat and smell. no sane person would want to live near one if they can help it. same applies to those who make clothing/leather items so it makes sense that they would locate thier workshops away from town proper. also those workshops tend to be big where an alchemist would only really need a space 1/2 to 1/4 the size.

Don't look at T&A - our encampment is involved enough.